Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Never got a single piece of trash at 175 KT skill level.
    I dont understand why people carry and use fishing equipment (aside artifact) to go over the cap. Even if you get 1 piece of trash every 50-100 casts its still not worth the bag space to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    What Blizzard does is prune so many features from something and make it near worthless/pointless that removing it wouldn't really change anything. Just keep chipping away at it little by little until people don't care anymore and less time is needed maintaining it. Just look at Archaeology or first aid as an example. Although I hate the mission table look at that as well.
    Arch in Cata = gather fragments for mog weapons, toys, pets, and mounts.
    Arch now = gather fragments for mog weapons, toys, pets, and mounts.

The only things that changed were they made it easier by getting more fragments per find, more finds per digsites, have digsites not take up entire subzones anymore, and added the distance and directional tip.

As for first aid, what exactly did they chip away? In classic we had bandages, in Legion we had bandages. The only thing I could think of was they stopped having recipes for poison curing.
    "Remember, never look over the long term story and try to piece together what Blizzard planned, only take singular moments out of context and blow them way out of proportion. We can argue better that way. Every time I try to look at the story as Blizzard are presenting it I'm either called a shill or a fanfiction writer." Powerogue 2019

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Arch in Cata = gather fragments for mog weapons, toys, pets, and mounts.
    Arch now = gather fragments for mog weapons, toys, pets, and mounts.

The only things that changed were they made it easier by getting more fragments per find, more finds per digsites, have digsites not take up entire subzones anymore, and added the distance and directional tip.

As for first aid, what exactly did they chip away? In classic we had bandages, in Legion we had bandages. The only thing I could think of was they stopped having recipes for poison curing.
    First aid isn't a profession anymore.

Yes, fishing skill still matters, but only in very specific cases, usually relating to old content.

Warlords of Draenor fishing is a great example of where fishing skill still plays a significant role.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I always have the underlight angler in my inventory for those rare times when being able to shift into fishy form is convenient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"

First aid isn't a profession anymore.
    I mean while it was still a thing what did they "chip away" from it until "removing it wouldn't change anything"?
    "Remember, never look over the long term story and try to piece together what Blizzard planned, only take singular moments out of context and blow them way out of proportion. We can argue better that way. Every time I try to look at the story as Blizzard are presenting it I'm either called a shill or a fanfiction writer." Powerogue 2019

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I mean while it was still a thing what did they "chip away" from it until "removing it wouldn't change anything"?
    The bandages become useless after the first patch of the expansion with inflating health pools in later expansions.

The bandages become useless after the first patch of the expansion with inflating health pools in later expansions.
    That doesn't really sound like chipping away to me, though. To me, chipping away is taking away one thing from someone a bit here a bit there until it can remove it entirely and nobody noticed. Take blacksmithing, for instance. This patch you don't get any new weapons. Next xpac no weapons at all, next tier no armor upgrades from the first tier. Next expansion after that they could remove it.

I love how there's a group of people who keep complaining that lots of things feel obligatory to do in the game, because they don't like doing those things.

And then when these things stop being 'obligatory', then they start complaining that these things are pointless.

Just effin do it if you like it, or don't if you dislike it. What's so complicated about this concept?

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I love how there's a group of people who keep complaining that lots of things feel obligatory to do in the game, because they don't like doing those things.

And then when these things stop being 'obligatory', then they start complaining that these things are pointless.

Just effin do it if you like it, or don't if you dislike it. What's so complicated about this concept?
    I wouldn't be so sure that these are the same people.
    Yes there are hypocrites but not that many..

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    I've made 1.5 million gold from fishing alone during this expansion.

So yeah, I'd say it matters.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Banner pending.
    2020: The US President is now re-tweeting messages saying that the only good Democrat, is a dead one. Can you spell Fascism?

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    In BFA so far I"m seeing no real difference in fishing the pools even - much less a difference in rating.

When the expansion started (so fishing was what..700..whatever it was at the end of Legion) I fished pools and open water "geared and buffed" out for fishing bonuses - and all I noticed was pools didn't seem to be a "bonus" anymore because when I fished open water I got the exact same fish that was in the pool - and then a few others randomly. I got trash but it was maybe..10% of the casts.

Stopped setting up my fishing gear and just started fishing with the auto-pole the game gives everyone. I've noticed little difference at all. Less trash (but again its not much trash to begin with) overall - but no bonuses otherwise. No extra fish procs, no special boxes *misses Dranar fishing*, no anything. A pool gives Fish A and once the pool is gone the open water continues to *mostly* give Fish A and occasionally Fish B or C. Less often a piece of trash.

I'm not maxxed fishing yet (very casual fishing while questing) but I'm over 100 points in BFA fishing skill and I'm seeing no significant difference from 50 or from 20 skill.

And the only reason I bother to equip my legendary fishing rod is for the hell of it. Seems to be the only reason to try pools too now - "cuz they are there." But no real bonus to anything otherwise.

If someone proves something else with numbers - great. I'd really like to think some of this makes a difference still rather then they just gutted what little bonuses the fishing+ gave you or the pool use to give.
    Fishing pools are a guaranteed catch, with the odd proc of a chest or special catch

Well, when I played last time, I had high fishing skill, because it's good for cooking. As a fisher you can easily find ingridients. Isn't it obvious?

Hey! It depends on your luck))))