7+ Year Old Account

Reduce the spell effects seen on screen?

playing WW so close to the boss, in 5 mans its like a cluster-F### i can barely see whats going, on, .. so much.. is there a setting to turn this off or tone it down so i can atleast see the mobs/boss and focus on watching the mobs instead of cluttering up the UI with AOE and such from all the other classes/players?

10+ Year Old Account
    Believe me, WoW doesnt have it nearly as bad. Last year I played Elder Scrolls Online, and every ranged had a some form of lightning effect under the boss. I felt like blind, raiding there as melee dps. My screen was one bright spot pretty much

Only thing I can suggest you doing, is probably try to play with the gamma settings, or some other video effects, but in all honestly, i've raided as melee for some time now, and I dont notice such problems, except on some fights like Coven where the floor is same color as some boss abilities
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    playing WW so close to the boss, in 5 mans its like a cluster-F### i can barely see whats going, on, .. so much.. is there a setting to turn this off or tone it down so i can atleast see the mobs/boss and focus on watching the mobs instead of cluttering up the UI with AOE and such from all the other classes/players?
    Play around with "Particle Density" under System settings. Its used to control amount of particles used for spells and effects like fire, lightning etc etc.
    Just dont set it to extremely low since its affecting boss abilities too so you might have issues with seeing them.

And.. you havent played Enhance shaman. After playing Enhance for a while, i find WWs animations quite subtle. Only more subtle melees than monks are rogues, surv hunter and fury warrior (when hes not lolStorming).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.