Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Is Frost Mage FOTM for 2s or what's going on with the US 2s ladder? Win ratio is insane: 107-4 (96%).

Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    Can't believe blizz completely ignored how busted disc priests are with the latest PVP update. Disc should've been priority #1 for balancing in PvP, barring some 1 shot shenanigans I don't think I've seen a class as strong as disc is in years.
    In rated PvP, we're not god mode. You're seeing so many because our damage is really high (about 2/3 of a dps). We also oom faster than any other healer, and only have one spammable heal. We win because we put out high pressure, making the other team play defensively as opposed to playing to our weakness (outside of cooldowns, our healing is REALLY bad. I mean REALLY). Once we lose momentum, we die very easily. If I have no cooldowns up, I absolutely cannot keep a dps alive using shadow mend. Shadowmend isn't enough hps, and atonement isn't as reliable in arenas.

We win by putting out enough damage we're never stuck on the defensive. When we're on the defensive we're absolutely trash

Other healers can outheal 1-2 dps--we can until we're out of cooldowns to rotate. Seriously, try playing in arenas. We're good, and if we keep up the pressure we win most of the time, but if we lose momentum we're fucked. If the game is drawn out, we lose to any other healer as we oom so fast playing defensively.

Essentially we're good in high pressure/high control teams playing with classes that have high self healing or good defensives. This leads to our healing being very spikey--someone slowly drops to 20% and we burst them to full with a cool down and repeat. Other healers can keep people alive if you don't cc them. Disc actually can't. If I have no cooldowns and you have 1 dps on you, I can freecast all day and you will still die. If you say get gud? Theres nowhere to get gud anymore...I have one spammable healing spell.

Our damage needs a slight nerf, yeah. Another example (PvE) is mythic dungeons. If you are slightly under the point where you can fully heal through atonement, damage is spiky and its impossible to heal people. If you are only 1-2% over the point where you can fully heal with atonement, everybody sits at 100% forever and nobody takes damage. Its similar in arenas

If you force us to heal with shadowmend as opposed to letting us play offensively, we will die

coming from a 2.1k disc at 355 ilevel
    Last edited by Teaklog; 2018-09-10 at 01:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Everything is artificially prolonging the game, it's called the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaklog View Post
    In rated PvP, we're not god mode. You're seeing so many because our damage is really high (about 2/3 of a dps). We also oom faster than any other healer, and only have one spammable heal. We win because we put out high pressure, making the other team play defensively as opposed to playing to our weakness (outside of cooldowns, our healing is REALLY bad. I mean REALLY). Once we lose momentum, we die very easily. If I have no cooldowns up, I absolutely cannot keep a dps alive using shadow mend. Shadowmend isn't enough hps, and atonement isn't as reliable in arenas.

We win by putting out enough damage we're never stuck on the defensive. When we're on the defensive we're absolutely trash

Other healers can outheal 1-2 dps--we can until we're out of cooldowns to rotate. Seriously, try playing in arenas. We're good, and if we keep up the pressure we win most of the time, but if we lose momentum we're fucked. If the game is drawn out, we lose to any other healer as we oom so fast playing defensively.

Essentially we're good in high pressure/high control teams playing with classes that have high self healing or good defensives. This leads to our healing being very spikey--someone slowly drops to 20% and we burst them to full with a cool down and repeat. Other healers can keep people alive if you don't cc them. Disc actually can't. If I have no cooldowns and you have 1 dps on you, I can freecast all day and you will still die. If you say get gud? Theres nowhere to get gud anymore...I have one spammable healing spell.

Our damage needs a slight nerf, yeah. Another example (PvE) is mythic dungeons. If you are slightly under the point where you can fully heal through atonement, damage is spiky and its impossible to heal people. If you are only 1-2% over the point where you can fully heal with atonement, everybody sits at 100% forever and nobody takes damage. Its similar in arenas

If you force us to heal with shadowmend as opposed to letting us play offensively, we will die

^THIS 10000 times. Thank u for putting it in words as i was about to do the same.
    We don't need a nerf, we need tuning. Nerf dmg, give us more direct healing, gives us more mana reg.

Another thing people might miss is that it's also the comps that makes disc seem so strong.

exactly, so many people screaming disc is OP but if you pressure them and disc falls behind its almost impossible to catch up, watching hydra playing disc with a hunter in 2s at 2.3k they lose almost every game vs a resto druid, if they cant kill soon enough disc is oom while druid sitting on 70% mana.

disc needs lower damage and stronger healing
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2018-09-10 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    exactly, so many people screaming disc is OP but if you pressure them and disc falls behind its almost impossible to catch up, watching hydra playing disc with a hunter in 2s at 2.3k they lose almost every game vs a resto druid, if they cant kill soon enough disc is oom while druid sitting on 70% mana.

disc needs lower damage and stronger healing
    game isnt balanced around 2s.

Disc atm is OP in 3s, its like having 2.7 dps attacking you, disc can burst similar to some dps!

Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    game isnt balanced around 2s.

Disc atm is OP in 3s, its like having 2.7 dps attacking you, disc can burst similar to some dps!
    You know the guy you replied to suggested nerfing their damage. Also I'd argue that part of that is also due to just how crazy rogue mage is at the moment, there are 12 priests in top 100 so a bit over average but I'd be surprised if most of those are not rmp's.

Deleted
    My personal problem is Dk's feels like a wet noodle basicly in every aspect of pvp. I feel nothing special in the class what was my favorite since wotlk.
    Our dmg is low, compared what other classes can do on long term, since we die in the short end of every fight....we just cant survive(death strike is not cheap, but its heal is useless, Icebound has 3m cd, shell only magic dmg absorb...).
    It's disappointing as a plate class to have no survival. I see no dk's in arena.
    Rogues warriors hunters discs are all what the arena made of atm.
    Prety disappointing that blizz fucked up 36 specs(30 withoutt anks) in pvp...but 4-7 specs are viable at least.
    Never had such an unbalanced expansion start before in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    My personal problem is Dk's feels like a wet noodle basicly in every aspect of pvp. I feel nothing special in the class what was my favorite since wotlk.
    Our dmg is low, compared what other classes can do on long term, since we die in the short end of every fight....we just cant survive(death strike is not cheap, but its heal is useless, Icebound has 3m cd, shell only magic dmg absorb...).
    It's disappointing as a plate class to have no survival. I see no dk's in arena.
    Rogues warriors hunters discs are all what the arena made of atm.
    Prety disappointing that blizz fucked up 36 specs(30 withoutt anks) in pvp...but 4-7 specs are viable at least.
    Never had such an unbalanced expansion start before in pvp
    you forgot to to mention rdruid, more of them in the ladder than disc priests

BFA pvp so far sets a new record on being not fun AND not balanced.
    Sure most xpac pvp starts unbalanced, but BFA PVP (and early Legion) sure is not fun at all.
    It might get better balanced with incoming hotfixes, but will it be enough to bring back the fun? With dumbed down class design, it will be hard...
    Last edited by MrCool; 2018-09-10 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Disc priests are also going to get nerfed, at least I would hope they do before the season starts. Imo the best way to nerf them would be to just remove the passive 30% damage reduction from them. They have too much of everything. Mitigation, healing, instants, big heals, cooldowns, everything.
    Apparently it was 40%, but they nerfed exactly what I suggested! 40% to 20%.

Deleted
    so we nerf BM and arms again.

but not DH:s? Blizzard have no idea what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcleave View Post
    Unholy - Bad (low haste is crushing this spec)
    Frost DK - Absolute Garbage. Awful control, awful mobility and weak defenses and weakest self healing
    Boomkin - Strong if you are skilled, awful if you arent
    Rouge - OP, (sub, Outlaw)
    Enhance - Strong until targetted then very weak
    Frost Mage - Godly
    WW Monk - Meh
    Havoc - Stupid strong damage, falls over in 2 seconds if trained
    Ret - Super strong vs anything other than Mage. vs Mage, one of the weakest classes in the game
    MM Hunter - Awful
    Beastmaster - Strong but feels awful to play as your pet is 90% of your damage
    SV - Really strong, tons of utility
    Feral - Jury still out cause it seems Godly at times and bad at times
    Resto Druid - Godly (weak to Target swaps on them) but boring AF
    MW - super weak to stuns
    Resto Sham - decent all around, weak to training

- - - Updated - - -

Ret is strong AF, but you won't see many, if any Rets at tournies as Mages are so strong ATM and Mages hard-counter (even an understatement) Ret in every single way imaginable.
    Ey ww isn't meh

Got to say that I think the state of pvp is defenitly better then it was in legion. But there's a lot of room for improvement. Some classes really feel the cut in cc. Like my own class, ww monk.

Deleted
    Looks like Blizzard is nerfing BM into the shitfest it was in Legion, simply because they can't balance the pet.

So basically if you want to pvp as a hunter, you will have to play melee survival or gtfo. MM being a shithole as well, and Blizzard would have to revamp the entire spec to make it pvp viable, and I doubt they're gonna do that during an expansion.

Deleted
    Havoc is the worst pvp spec by far and really needs a complete rework asap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ESPG-1 View Post
    Just starting this thread to get an idea of how everyone feels about a particular spec in PvP right now.
    Blizz is supposed to be doing some class tuning this week so things may change significantly.

I've been doing random bgs and some arena with my rogue since BFA.

I've only played assassination since BFA (currently 341 ilvl), no other classes or specs so my view is purely how PvP feels from an assassination rogues perspective.

Our damage is OK, nothing amazing, no big crits and envenom crits less than half a rets shield.
    Killing casters is fairly easy but we're too squishy without CDs.

Warriors and Ret paladins have too much burst IMO. Other than that everything feels fine.

> Nerf the shit out of Ass Rogues, DH, Disc Priests & R Druids,
    > Nerf Outlaw, Ret, Sub Rogue, Frost Mage, WW Monks, Boomkins, Surv Hunters, BM Hunters
    > Arms Warrior, R Shaman, MW Monk, S Priest, Feral, are fine.
    > Buff Aff Locks, Enhance Sham, Holy Pala, Arcane Mage
    > Buff the shit out of Ele Sham, Holy Priests Fire Mage, Fury Warrior, Unholy DK, Frost DK, Demo Locks, Destro Locks, MM Hunters
    Last edited by mmoc3a4005b47b; 2018-09-23 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    Havoc is the worst pvp spec by far and really needs a complete rework asap.
    spent da entire raid nite bopin da lead dps rogue so e cudnt attak swear on me mum man those were da times in pvp i still remember avin a blast playin dis game e ad me der wiv dat shit u no m8

15+ Year Old Account
    Buff DK's & Warlocks nao!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaklog View Post

Quoting because this needs to be said again... Please PLEASE nerf our damage and buff our healing.. I don't care if it's through direct healing or atonement damage conversion, but we need more throughput and less damage..

Regarding what I think needs to be tuned down, I'd say assa rogues has too much control compaired to the damage, but just a slight reduction in control should probably be enough to make me happy.

Warriors damage is over the top unless you play something that can effectively kite them, but both me and my typical mates for arena has issues getting them off.. As Teaklog said, we live as long as I can rotate cooldowns, but after that I can't keep anyone up vs a warrior, no matter what I do, even while freecasting. If we haven't won by the time I'm out of cooldowns a single warrior will tear us apart.

Resto druids are hard to face, again, need to win before I go oom, because of the disparities in mana conserving between healers.

Other than that I tend to point most "omg op moments" as me not knowing the classes well enough to predict the burst.

Also, had a 1v1 with my feral vs a holy paladin, which ended at 80% dampening where my feral finally got the kill.. As a disc priest I could only dream of living to 80% dampening.. After say 45 it feels impossible to recover..

Deleted
    Pvp is such a clown fiesta right now. Oh you farmed the right azerite gear with the right azerite traits that got buffed/nerfed? Here go around one shot people.

Blizzard has no idea what they are doing with azerite traits and the billions of nerfs and buffs show it.