Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Broulin View Post
    Is this guide viable for 8.3 patch?
    for now only rotation concepts are viable, its out of date of course with new haste breakpoints, azerite traits etc. If i dont redo it for 8.3 i will for sure revamp everything going into Shadowlands.

Fistweaving is meta again in 9.0, an updated 'No wussy healers allowed' guide would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Azato View Post
    Fistweaving is meta again in 9.0, an updated 'No wussy healers allowed' guide would be great
    I see you and im on it, its comming .

Edit: i worked on it alot overnight *wipes sweat off*

added - simbots
    added - legendary / covenant section (far from finished)
    cleared out BFA junk
    updated stat priority section
    updated rotation section - still needs more work which i'll do throughout the new year

More to come.
    Last edited by Samuraijake; 2020-12-28 at 03:12 PM.

Wanted to give some feedback from a perspective of someone who plays a fistweaver and just found this thread (searching for in depth information on rotation prios)

my reading experience was growing confusion because initialy the red big headline said
    if you're a healer that only hits healing buttons..gtfo
    instead of
    if you're a healer...gtfo
    so i thought this was actually about beeing a good healmonk by mixing heals and meleeattacks to maximum effect (general known as fistweaving).
    instead this guide is about maximizing dps to the point of neglecting any healing at all. which is an interesting concept but may not meet the expectation of your readers.

no offense.. i like your approach, but the initial lines are totally misleading. 1% wipes are a thing yes, but by doing only a melee rotation with invokers delight as the equipped legendary your group may not go that far because your healing output is literally: 0.
    Mastery is not "dogshit" on the level of armor because it actually contributes something to your healing (especially with Chi-Ji out). Again: Every point you make is completly valid, unless read by a healer who uses fistweaving as a method of healing.

I really think you should be clear on either writing a guide for healing fistweavers or a more fun approach on entirely damage based fistweavers.
    Last edited by Phala; 2021-01-12 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phala View Post
    Wanted to give some feedback from a perspective of someone who plays a fistweaver and just found this thread (searching for in depth information on rotation prios)

my reading experience was growing confusion because initialy the red big headline said
    instead of

so i thought this was actually about beeing a good healmonk by mixing heals and meleeattacks to maximum effect (general known as fistweaving).
    instead this guide is about maximizing dps to the point of neglecting any healing at all. which is an interesting concept but may not meet the expectation of your readers.

no offense.. i like your approach, but the initial lines are totally misleading. 1% wipes are a thing yes, but by doing only a melee rotation with invokers delight as the equipped legendary your group may not go that far because your healing output is literally: 0.
    Mastery is not "dogshit" on the level of armor because it actually contributes something to your healing (especially with Chi-Ji out). Again: Every point you make is completly valid, unless read by a healer who uses fistweaving as a method of healing.

I really think you should be clear on either writing a guide for healing fistweavers or a more fun approach on entirely damage based fistweavers.
    Good points- This is actually solid feedback. Originally, I had the mindset of only going for straight DPS.

As time has passed at this point now

-I'll revamp the guide into sections for actual fistweaving
    -Change out the comments in regards to mastery (although I found it funny to describe it as dogshit in regards to actual damage)
    -It IS confusing from the start. It might be better to move some of that into the "tips" section as to explain why adding extra damage via fistweaving is important and that it doesn't have to be done specifically through "straight dps only".
    -I DO like the humor I put in on this guide... but I can also fix it up a bit so its less confusing and has clearer points depending on what the read is interested in.

Maybe i'll make a Heal/dps section... then a straight DPS parser section

Thanks for the feedback
    Last edited by Samuraijake; 2021-01-19 at 10:51 AM.

base stats captured off PTR 2/9/2021

As someone who only now specced fistweaving out of curiosity and crafting the legendary, best change I've made on my monk in forever. I went from mana starving myself by wasting mana healing when I didn't have to for something to do like a chump to weaving in those 15 second bursts of damage and getting that debuff I didn't even know applied to the healing spec on everything.

About the only thing is that everyone recommends "ring of peace" but I don't know how to effectively utilize something that bounces the enemies away from somewhere, normally as a tank or healer I'd want them clustered around the tank, right? For now the reduced aoe stun CD comboed with the large damage reduction debuff afterwards from my soulbind is pretty great, it's like a pause button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    As someone who only now specced fistweaving out of curiosity and crafting the legendary, best change I've made on my monk in forever. I went from mana starving myself by wasting mana healing when I didn't have to for something to do like a chump to weaving in those 15 second bursts of damage and getting that debuff I didn't even know applied to the healing spec on everything.

About the only thing is that everyone recommends "ring of peace" but I don't know how to effectively utilize something that bounces the enemies away from somewhere, normally as a tank or healer I'd want them clustered around the tank, right? For now the reduced aoe stun CD comboed with the large damage reduction debuff afterwards from my soulbind is pretty great, it's like a pause button.
    ROP is like a pause button too, in addition to your base stun pause button; your tank can kite through, stand in it, etc. You can knock mobs that are running away back into the cluster, or you can knock mobs shooting at people back into it. There are so many random use cases for it that is very very unique to it just due to how it works positionally, it's very very hard to pass up once you start using it.

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    ROP is like a pause button too, in addition to your base stun pause button; your tank can kite through, stand in it, etc. You can knock mobs that are running away back into the cluster, or you can knock mobs shooting at people back into it. There are so many random use cases for it that is very very unique to it just due to how it works positionally, it's very very hard to pass up once you start using it.
    Not only that but you can use it to cluster things up as well. If the tank is pulling some melee mobs back but there's a caster or two in the mix that don't get interrupted. Position RoP behind the mobs casting to knock them towards the tank to help get them closer to the melee group. In tight areas you can even pin the mobs against a wall causing them to bounce for the duration and be unable to cast.