Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mage
    Fire
    All damage increased by 6%.
    Flamestrike damage increased by 15%.

Flamepatch should be better than LB even with 3-4 targets now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    Actually to the above about frost vs arcane aoe
    Yes I find Arcane to do more DPS overall than Frost, in M+ the only annoying part for Arcane is drinking. I'm fine with that being part of the game though.

That tuning is depressing. Mage seems to be at best in the middle of the pack, and often near the bottom on heroic Uldir fights.

There's no fight in the raid zone that you can look at and say "Yeah that's a great fight for mages where mages will be the class to have."

Deleted
    That 6% Fire buff which will take it from last place to last place is simply amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunnk View Post
    That 6% Fire buff which will take it from last place to last place is simply amazing
    Better than nothing..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kunnk View Post
    Hey, its a start. Next tuning pass well see more I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Mage
    Fire
    All damage increased by 6%.
    Flamestrike damage increased by 15%.

Flamepatch should be better than LB even with 3-4 targets now?
    Pittance pittance. We need 15% at least to just be average. Is that official btw?

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Pittance pittance. We need 15% at least to just be average. Is that official btw?
    Blue on the front page, the announcment for the 9/11 tuning pass.

Being average is not a bad thing, someone has to be average for others to be better. We just shouldn't be absolute trash now.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Being average is not a bad thing, someone has to be average for others to be better. We just shouldn't be absolute trash now.
    That 6% buff won't make us even average.. we will still be below par and bottom few.

That 6% buff won't make us even average.. we will still be below par and bottom few.
    Isn't it more than 6% because of our mastery? On ST fights they all deal 6% more damage +x% (mastery) over time. So it's actually more than just 6% overall.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Better than nothing..
    is it though? it doesnt do anything. so it does nothing. it is nothing.

Deleted
    They're probably too busy fixing all of their bugs, so they just throw some random numbers at the wall hoping something sticks. There are a lot of specs consistently SO far ahead of other specs it's actually ridiculous. How they managed to fuck up so badly is beyond me. They actually did a WAY better job in legion although they had to balance arround artifact traits/legendaries and tier sets. These small 3-7% adjustments show complete lack of actually trying to balance the game.

As for mages it will be another very average (at best) tier for mages, at least us being ranged and having an immunity+cc keeps us in the raid. On some fights our best spec is 20%+ (on average) behind the best specs. Not as bad as say coven, but still quite frustrating. Arcane will still be basically unplayable on anything but single target fights and even then it will be average. Frost will be decent at best on everything else (except Zul we're quite okay there actually unless you're on CC duty). Fire 6% buff, yeah, don't even bother playing that shit. At least we can still play Frost to great success in M+, thank god comet storm didn't get nerfed, was actually already expecting that to happen.

Really miss looking forward to a raidfight knowing it will be a fight my class can shine on (dps wise obviously).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    is it though? it doesnt do anything. so it does nothing. it is nothing.
    I know man, it's sad. Fire is actually my favourite spec in the history of WoW, but I just don't wanna struggle to keep up with others.

Quote Originally Posted by liangdar View Post
    They're probably too busy fixing all of their bugs, so they just throw some random numbers at the wall hoping something sticks. There are a lot of specs consistently SO far ahead of other specs it's actually ridiculous. How they managed to fuck up so badly is beyond me. They actually did a WAY better job in legion although they had to balance arround artifact traits/legendaries and tier sets. These small 3-7% adjustments show complete lack of actually trying to balance the game.

As for mages it will be another very average (at best) tier for mages, at least us being ranged and having an immunity+cc keeps us in the raid. On some fights our best spec is 20%+ (on average) behind the best specs. Not as bad as say coven, but still quite frustrating. Arcane will still be basically unplayable on anything but single target fights and even then it will be average. Frost will be decent at best on everything else (except Zul we're quite okay there actually unless you're on CC duty). Fire 6% buff, yeah, don't even bother playing that shit. At least we can still play Frost to great success in M+, thank god comet storm didn't get nerfed, was actually already expecting that to happen.

Really miss looking forward to a raidfight knowing it will be a fight my class can shine on (dps wise obviously).
    I don't think it's really so much poorly balanced as it is the raid heavily favors melee. Other than Beast Master, who can keep doing full damage on the move, and Affliction, which has most of its damage from dots that keep going while moving, ranged in general is just not doing very well.

I'm sure there are some specs that really are broken though. Looking at you, Fire.

Deleted
    i have one more hope. the last phrase on the anoucement makes it sound like the numbers are not final. only show a tendency of the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Nerfed? All mage specs are far below the good specs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../19#dataset=90

Clear haves and have nots. All mage specs need buffs.
    In Mythic+ however, it seems like frost mages are annihilating everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    In Mythic+ however, it seems like frost mages are annihilating everything.
    not any moreso than a dh, or a warlock, or a bm hunter, or ret paladins on trash, and we easily lose on ST boss fights.

Deleted
    frost mage is highly valued by high ranking m+ players because of m+ in a couple weeks.
    frost is not that much better than other classes at the current state of m+ but once strategys get more polished and people have better gear it will be about big pulls or at least 2-3 groups. and on high level those groups can live longer then 2 frost orbs, you get them so fast when you can blizzard many targets. thats where frost mage will shine.

frost mage is one of the classes that gets exponentially more dps with more targets. like monk or fire mage last addon.
    and you still do good (or maybe even more?!) priority damage while aoeing.

at least that is my interpretation.

also the constant slow and novas are very useful for high keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Affli is strong in raid.
    Yeah, on turret fights with zero movement