Deleted

Epic / Elite appearance

I am wondering the following:

Yesterday i started 3s and ended up at 1650. As you graduately unlock epic appearances for your gear at 1400-1600 and 1800, i was wondering if that was it?

In legion i liked Climbing to 2k from what point the elite appearances could drop, which made it nice and "exclusive".
    Now we will have the full set at 1800, perhaps the cloak at 2k, not sure. But is this it?
    Or is there another 2k+ set/recolor we dont know about?

Ofc i will keep pushing above 2k for the 370/380 gear but still..

any thoughts?

Elite sets are now just fully unlocked at 1800 with the major pieces being 1800. It's fine as is, though I would like to see an elite weapon xmog added to the 2100 tier rewards for future seasons. As far as 2k being more exclusive compared to 1800 - there's barely a difference in skill level and the lower requirements on xmogs will likely increase rated pvp participation which is healthy for pvp overall.

Deleted
    where do i actually find the elite sets? im at 1800 and i cant transmog them

Imo, i think it's a good thing. As i see it, it's sacrificing the 2k prestige of the Elite set as a trade-off for more participation. As you lower the rating required for rewards the participation will increase 100%. As some of you have suggested, a 2000/2100 rating Elite weapon skin would be awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melandra View Post
    there just loose items in your appereances. not in the set itself

No Tusk Club.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they Elite sets will be that prestigious in BFA compared to previous expansions. They don't require as high rating to get, and they are the same style meaning between both factions there are 8 sets. Also add in that the Warfronts give a recolour of the Elite sets as well so yeah.

I do however like what they've done with regards to the PVP Elite set, giving the more prominent parts as you climb rating. I also like the way each bracket gives a set ilvl, whereas in Legion it was less clear and also adding tags to PVP gear like Rival, Challenger, Duelist etc. Also the design is very close to the basic versions, allowing people to chop and change the different versions to mix up the appearance a little whilst still matching.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

You can use said "elite" sets on any class that uses the same armor type as the one you got it on.

If you add that to the fact that it fully unlocks at 1800 you'll realize how much blizzard has absolutely gutted one of the main incentives for casual players to aim for.

The gear isn't appealing or prestigious enough to warrant attracting non pvpers and 1800 is so easy to get you might as well just call it normal sets.

Even after the so called system revamp , they still haven't set up a proper reward structure. Since the only thing casual pvpers aim for is the elite set and maybe the vicious mount , which leaves nothing between that and gladiator mounts.

The tabard and enchant are about as unappealing as rewards can be , if anything those should've been the ones offered at 1800 and better elite class-specific sets for climbing higher than 1800 ( 2-3 pieces split for every 100 rating gain ).

It's a sad state to come to the understanding that legion had much better elite transmogs that will still be used today and nothing that comes out this entire expansion will have that same appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Melandra View Post
    Everytime you reach a certain rate (1400,1600,1800) you auto-unlock them in your appearence tab

10+ Year Old Account
    The elite sets atm just look like leveling gear.
    pretty trash imo

It varies, but the plate sets are some of the best sets in this game for me (both alliance and horde), and I never thought I would EVER replace my demonic elite set on my warrior.

I also love that you can match the sets, as the shoulders are too gawdy to me, so I just use the standard shoulders instead etc.

I don't know what you guys are on about, the elite plate set (Alliance) is brilliant.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Quote Originally Posted by McLøvin View Post
    The elite sets atm just look like leveling gear.
    pretty trash imo
    Sadly thats true the only thing that is nice is season weapon enchant. Cant even compare current elite transmogs to legion. Lazy expansion is real

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    I don't know what you guys are on about, the elite plate set (Alliance) is brilliant.
    It's the only decent set out of the lot imo, the rest look like grunt level gear at best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    yeah it is, but many other sets are trash. Horde leather is especially bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    You get the cloak at 2100 rating and the tabard at 2400 rating.

I really want that Horde plate elite set. The Warfront recolor looks like trash. But fuck is grinding rating slow and painful.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-09-12 at 08:08 AM.

I really want the alliance plate set.