Thread: G'huun Orbs

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

G'huun Orbs

Saw videos saying demon hunters should be able to solo carry the orbs on G'huun (normal). However I could never get more then 3/4 of the way. We ended up having the mage toss it to me half way. Has anyone successfully moved the orb all the way solo? If so, how?

Thanks!!

Meta leap

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Farah View Post
    Meta leap

10char
    You can't meta leap with the orb, and even if you could that would only work for 1 rotation not the 2nd.

What videos?Want to see it! Can you put the links?

if you're going off fatbosses EARLY RAID TESTING videos then yeh the information is now wrong as the mechanic has slightly changed since raid testing was done (or more likely the raid testing was bugged and the mechanic wasn't working properly).

How it works now is whenever you touch an orb in any way, be it collect it from the start or have it thrown on you by a collector, you get a debuff that prevents you from interacting with ANY orb in ANY way for 2 minutes, so you have to have a rotation of teams to do it not just 1 new person to pick up the orb and the same DH or monk to run it down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    You can't meta leap with the orb, and even if you could that would only work for 1 rotation not the 2nd.
    You can meta leap with the orb. I was doing runs with my DH and you run-jump-dash-jump-dash and finish with a meta leap if u want and it will get you extremely close to the orb like 30 yards

My advice for every DH going on Ghuun is to save the Meta Leap for emergency.. Sometimes you can botch some things and you may need another 30 yards so your assistant can do the job

From our 30man raid only the Monk could deposit on his own and not every time. Once he botched something and we wiped.

For big raids best way is to use 6 groups of 2 dps and one Healer to cordinate them all and heal them..

So everybody does it once and then goes back to doing his job

I was referencing fat bosses video

Most videos are usually outdated. Same thing here. As far as I know, DHs can't solo it anymore. Had a monk in my raid who claimed that monks still can, but can't confirm that.

The only one in our raid who was able to still do it was a windwalker monk with roll, flying serpent kick and transcendence: transfer which he placed while a previous team placed an orb. He also entered a demonic gateway.

I couldn't manage to go all the way solo, but it was pretty easy when someone took the orb and used the demonic gateway to toss it to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Maybe you could as vengeance but as havoc no. 3/4 of the way is about right, you might be able to stretch that if you had a mage blink in and drop a frost orb and blizzard but as it stands no. What I do is retreat, fel charge. Mage blinks twice, throws orb to me then drops a frost orb and blizzard. Once I have orb, I netherwalk then fel rush, fel rush and I'm within the "clickable range". Anytime you handle the orb, you get a 2 minute debuff. We have 2 dps go up on p1, when ghuun is out on p2, we clear our dots and send up classes that can spot heal

Deleted
    I tried it a few times last night, As people say you can probably do it with Meta Leap, but that seems a waste of your Big DPS CD. can just get 1 person to help you. can easily do 3/4 of the cross solo then just throw it to last person to dunk.

Only people who could solo in our group was 2 warriors, and even then they were using lock gates to cover first bit, then double charge leap to finish

you can.. lock portal,2x dash, meta = gg

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhrc View Post
    you can.. lock portal,2x dash, meta = gg
    Is this sufficient to reach the "end" also in HC? I only saw a video where the DH was using WL portal, dash, dash, retreat, meta.
    While it works most of the times for me, only one fraction of a lag or something and I could't move anymore.
    While warrys and monks could do it with 3 movement abilitys, I had to do it with 4, that pissed me of yesterday :-O

Our demon hunters, monks and warriors do it alone all the time, with a lock portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Faildevil View Post
    Is this sufficient to reach the "end" also in HC? I only saw a video where the DH was using WL portal, dash, dash, retreat, meta.
    While it works most of the times for me, only one fraction of a lag or something and I could't move anymore.
    While warrys and monks could do it with 3 movement abilitys, I had to do it with 4, that pissed me of yesterday :-O
    Yes, on HC too!

Monks can easily solo it (we've been having our MWs do it). DH can, but has to use Metamorphosis to do so (at least as DPS). Supposedly Warrior can do it too, but I haven't seen it. Rogues and Mages are pretty good at running but can't solo AFAIK.

Regardless of who's running it, make sure to use Warlock portals.
    Last edited by Delano; 2018-10-11 at 07:01 AM.

Double Jump to Lock Portal, Double Jump Fel Rush, Double Jump Fel Rush, Vengeful Retreat, Meta Leap. All has to be done back to back or else it wont work.

- - - Updated - - -

If you get stuck, when FR,FR,VR then Throw orb, Meta Leap to where orb has been thrown.

It can be tricky for DH and also will gimp DPS as you really want to save meta for later on. (unless ofc you are on the 6th orb) But as above, you place lock portal close to orb spawn. You then take portal. felrush 2x, turn around and VR, then meta and dunk the orb. Using a macro for meta that will auto jump to mouse location helps. The timing is very tight and you have to take care with VR so you dont end up in a wall.

The first 3 on normal/heroic do not matter as far as time is concerned. Might as well take 2 people rather than doing it solo as using meta just gimps the dps and raid later in the fight (wont be up for when damage is needed). The 4-5th need to be done quick but best taken by a monk or warrior (both can also solo easily). The final orb before boss takes extra damage is the one you want to do if any as you can meta, jump, dunk orb then go down and start smashing the boss with meta still up. If the group is slow you may be able to do 1st orb also and still have meta up for 6th and the burn phase.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2018-10-11 at 03:10 PM.

Saw videos saying demon hunters should be able to solo carry the orbs on G'huun (normal). However I could never get more then 3/4 of the way. We ended up having the mage toss it to me half way. Has anyone successfully moved the orb all the way solo? If so, how?

Thanks!!
    My Vengeance DH does it by Grabbing Orb Gliding to Lock gate infernal strike X2 (this requires proper gate placement)

My guild has 3 DH doing it solo, plus a Monk and 2 groups of random classes. All with Portal ofc.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    As other guys said, monks easily can do it with warlock portal.
    We demon hunters can do it with warlock portal and meta leap.
    Plus: warriors too can do it solo.

If you are struggling with dps let the warriors / monks do it.
    If your raid can compensate for your dps loss by wasting meta, tell your raid not to post logs, lul