Deleted

Luminous Barrier?

I checked logs from HC Uldir, and i saw that many disc priest use Luminous Barrier? Is worth use Luminous Barrier and lost Envagelism and PW:Barrier?

Quote Originally Posted by bl1zzaga View Post
    I checked logs from HC Uldir, and i saw that many disc priest use Luminous Barrier? Is worth use Luminous Barrier and lost Envagelism and PW:Barrier?
    People are cheesing with 30 people in raid. LB is "better" for the meters especially with 30 players since Atonement is limited to ~15 or so.

if strats aren't super ironed out, people won't be perfectly stacked, and especially with it hitting 30 targets, it's not the worst...
    The more people are used to stuff and well prepared, the better bubble will be, especially next week on mythic taloc.
    luminous barrier will always be better for meters and if druids and cenarion ward over abundance last xpac was any indicator, 90% of players will take it

Also damage is so low relative to max hp right now in most cases that it's hard to rate bubble as highly as you usually would compared to shield revival.

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    if strats aren't super ironed out, people won't be perfectly stacked, and especially with it hitting 30 targets, it's not the worst...
    The more people are used to stuff and well prepared, the better bubble will be, especially next week on mythic taloc.
    luminous barrier will always be better for meters and if druids and cenarion ward over abundance last xpac was any indicator, 90% of players will take it

Also damage is so low relative to max hp right now in most cases that it's hard to rate bubble as highly as you usually would compared to shield revival.
    Cenarion Ward was a super strong ST hot worth a mastery stack, so it was better by default than Abundance.

Really, Resto Druid spothealing in Legion? Seriously wrong class to do that. I always left the whack-a-mole to holy palas and priests and that was the correct choice.

yes, purple, but that doesn't quite warrant a 99% selection rate over a 1-3M instant heal with no cd and more consistent regrowth strength, especially for fights like imonar , being able to provide more healing to someone with a dot (healing the grenade targets on cross 1 and 3) than just 2 rejuvs while crossing was really great or in similar fashion for healing debuff targets on coven, and trust me I had plenty of top 10 logs with abundance and once even had #2 for imonar and agg with it

sometimes the ability to not have your mana efficient healing capped on target after you put 2 rejuvs on them on no cd or to have the instant heal there when it's needed
    Generally speaking though a big thing was you just had to play really well with it, that might've been why people avoided it, without mastery already being stacked the healing touches were so small they weren't worthwhile.

there were other fights though where I'd say cen ward was far more effective and rightfully taken like post-nerf aggramar or vari or sisters or
    Last edited by ryklin; 2018-09-08 at 07:26 AM.

I use it on mother when moving between the barriers, but it’s lazy. Now, if it gave everyone atonement....

I am liking LB lately more and more. And is better than barrier. I think that barrier is not very good (on this raid at least) so I would love if they buff LB somehow.
    I think that 2 options could be:
    - Reduce his cd to 2 min (it not has a crazy heal after all)
    or
    - Keep like it is now but it apply a 50% atonement

This changes allows you to use more on the boss (1th idea) or make ir a real raid cd (2th)

I think that discipline should have a decent "oh ****" buttom for raid or M+. It is talented so is not crazy ask this

LB should be nerfed heavily and then let you keep barrier. The loss of barrier makes this talent pretty much useless. I'll never give up the strongest cd to talent into a weak one and also lose evangelism.

- Stupid talent -

it's pretty underrated. i'd imagine most of the disc community by default hates it because it replaces both evangelism and normal barrier but it does enough shielding that it's worth trying out on progression if you can't clearly use regular barrier.

Deleted
    Wouldn't say it's bad, it's our only "tranq/divine hymn/healing tide/aura mastery" ability. It's a fire and forget spell unlike our dmg reduction bubble that requires the raid to stack to take use of.

Blizzard must either think we have a too good toolkit (which in fairness is really good) since it's a talent. I mean, in a fight a tranq from a druid consists of 15-20% of their healing. Whilst we have nothing like this if we don't talent into it.

Should be baseline imo, but that will probably make us to strong

EDIT: I would say it's good in a burst fight, i.e. taloc mace slam or passing through the walls in mythic mother! Whilst lets say zek'voz is a good evangelism fight due to the long dmg taken phases

Deleted
    I really like Luminous Barrier. In my opinion, barrier never felt right to use.

Like others have mentioned, the Taloc mace slam, moving between cells on MOTHER, just before the pushback on Fetid and even some parts of G'huun are all really great to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoef View Post
    I really like Luminous Barrier. In my opinion, barrier never felt right to use.

Like others have mentioned, the Taloc mace slam, moving between cells on MOTHER, just before the pushback on Fetid and even some parts of G'huun are all really great to use it.
    facepalm.....

Indeed there are some nice moments to use it. But still I think that is a bit weak compared with other healer raid CDs. I will no mind at all if blizz buffs it a bit somehow (increasing shield or reducing the CD to 2 min)

Deleted
    Easy to push numbers talent. If you are not struggling with healing and encounter requires moving around then its just easy to use dmg incoming button that requires no preparations. Definitely viable - especialy in easier content when its worth spending more time dpsing that overhealing.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barkzor View Post
    Wouldn't say it's bad, it's our only "tranq/divine hymn/healing tide/aura mastery" ability.
    TBH, our "tranq/divine hymn/healing tide/aura mastery" is PW:Rx2 + Evangelism + DPSing the next seconds; which one cannot do if one takes LB because then there's no Evangelism to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    TBH, our "tranq/divine hymn/healing tide/aura mastery" is PW:Rx2 + Evangelism + DPSing the next seconds; which one cannot do if one takes LB because then there's no Evangelism to use.
    Yeah of course you can't, but in a 30 player environment 2x pwr some pre-shielding and evangelism aint really covering the entire raid as, lets say, a tranq. luminous barrier is raid wide. In a 20ppl mythic raid (as i said above) evangelism is a lot better on a fight like zekvoz etc.

Quote Originally Posted by barkzor View Post
    Yeah of course you can't, but in a 30 player environment 2x pwr some pre-shielding and evangelism aint really covering the entire raid as, lets say, a tranq. luminous barrier is raid wide. In a 20ppl mythic raid (as i said above) evangelism is a lot better on a fight like zekvoz etc.
    Raid size does not change our playstyle with Evangelism... you can pick literally any talent in non-mythic content and do just fine because that content is easy.