Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    What? WHy?

How can you even justify a 30 min commitment awarding 8CP.
    And a 3min game awarding 10CP

How in the FU#$ can you even defend that system?
    Because the 3 min game (you mean arena I suppose) actually requires effort on the players part while you can basically afk in random BGs an still win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    Because the 3 min game (you mean arena I suppose) actually requires effort on the players part while you can basically afk in random BGs an still win.
    time is money

2 BG's take 1 hour to do (Horde Side) and you get 16 CP

This is insanity

Deleted
    time is money

This is insanity
    Time is money? If WoW feels like running a business to you you should consider quitting.

time is money

This is insanity
    10 wins in 3v3 caps you
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    10 wins in 3v3 caps you
    Well...nice system we have over here dont we?

Pretty much Blizzard saying "Do 3v3 or piss off"
    Who told Blizzard i enjoy doing 3v3's?

Well...nice system we have over here dont we?

Pretty much Blizzard saying "Do 3v3 or piss off"
    Who told Blizzard i enjoy doing 3v3's?
    For many years you had to do Arena to get epic PvP gear, then they changed it to the honor/conq system, which also required you to do Arena or RBG (Rated PvP) to get the best gear. It's how it have always been.

You logic is like "I just spent 30 minutes doing a dungeon, where is my mythic raid loot?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    For many years you had to do Arena to get epic PvP gear, then they changed it to the honor/conq system, which also required you to do Arena or RBG (Rated PvP) to get the best gear. It's how it have always been.

You logic is like "I just spent 30 minutes doing a dungeon, where is my mythic raid loot?!"
    What? Its not how it has always been.

In Legion i geared my Demon Hunter exclusively in Battlegrounds.
    I got full epic that way and got the full transmog. And i had fun.

And im not asking for Mythic raid gear (dont know where you got that idea), im asking to do the same as Legion.

Because i decided (for some reason) that i want to gear up my alt COMPLETELY via PvP.

As a test

And so far is a nightmare. Its less of a nightmare now that i know i must spam Arenas with randoms.
    I guess i will be fine.
    Well it's possible to push 2300-2400 rating with randoms ofc not in first week so gearing with pvp only is not that bad

BTW about best item level items via pvp. You guys want mythic quality gear for playing casual bgs?
    Last edited by Druitz; 2018-09-09 at 01:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Well it's possible to push 2300-2400 rating with randoms ofc not in first week so gearing with pvp only is not that bad

BTW about best item level items via pvp. You guys want mythic quality gear for playing casual bgs?
    Well...honestly? Now that i have benn owned by a 80k health Monk on my 113k health rogue....i was getting one shotted by him.
    With the scaling system, i dont even know "why" i want gear.

The scaling system seems to keep everyone on the same level.

So i dont even know why i want gear anymore on my alt Demon Hunter....who is only going to do random BG's

I'm curious how they justify 3's being worth 50 points but rbgs only 100, are they suggesting that a rbg only takes twice as long as a 3's game? Fairly sure starting from scratch getting 2 random people and running 3's vs getting 9 random people in and running rbgs, i can run probably near 10 3's game in the time it takes to run 2 rbgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    Find 1 friend and play 2v2 arena. 10-15 wins = conquest cap.
    Not actually true but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    Find 1 friend and play 2v2 arena. 10-15 wins = conquest cap.
    You get 10 conquest per win. You need 500 conquest.

What? Its not how it has always been.

In Legion i geared my Demon Hunter exclusively in Battlegrounds.
    I got full epic that way and got the full transmog. And i had fun.

And im not asking for Mythic raid gear (dont know where you got that idea), im asking to do the same as Legion.
    Legion system was shit. Ask any PvPer.

The thing is, pre-legion Rated gear (Conquest gear) was from rated activities only (Rated arena and Rated BGs). In TBC the only way to obtain the gear was to rank up in arena to get a new piece every x-rating (think it was every 100.)
    Later they introduced the Conquest point system, where you "capped" every week. Where you farmed enough Conq (from rated PvP) to buy a piece or two every week (depending on rating (higher rating=higher cap) and what piece).
    The casuals cried out, and they added Conq from daily wins etc in random BGs. Because why should people be forced to socialize and do stuff they dont want to obtain the best gear?
    Then in Legion they just made it random drop from PvP activites.

Now we're back to random drops AND conq cap. You can conq cap by doing casual PvP only. Does it take more time? Yes, but it's time you spend having fun doing random BGs right? ..
    Or you can suck it up and do the content it is intended for.

Where my "I just did a dungeon, where is my mythic gear" anecdote (if that is the right word here?), you want to do casual PvP but you also want the best rewards.
    If it's just for the tmog, you can simply do warfronts and unlock it there. Or I'd guess next season you can buy it for marks of honor like with every other PvP set ever made.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I really don't get why Blizzard keeps enforcing the f*cking Arena so much. It was already stupid in Burning Crusade. It was never a good system, it was never really fun. Because all it did, does and always will do is point out where Blizzards balancing is the most fucked up because in 85% of its runtime it was "Meta or Bust", and its not like im saying that from a clueless perspective. I have my dragons. Like, why reward Arenas with so much more than Battlegrounds when Battlegrounds take so much more time and effort... I just don't get it.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

You people who believe time involved should equate to amount of reward are.. mind boggling. I very often forget that there are so many of you out there who think in such a manner. The concept of skill goes a mile above your head.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    I really don't get why Blizzard keeps enforcing the f*cking Arena so much. It was already stupid in Burning Crusade. It was never a good system, it was never really fun. Because all it did, does and always will do is point out where Blizzards balancing is the most fucked up because in 85% of its runtime it was "Meta or Bust", and its not like im saying that from a clueless perspective. I have my dragons. Like, why reward Arenas with so much more than Battlegrounds when Battlegrounds take so much more time and effort... I just don't get it.
    Because you can literally AFK through BGs and be rewarded. Arena takes skill, and any spec can get to 2k-2.4k if you have what it takes.

Because you can literally AFK through BGs and be rewarded. Arena takes skill, and any spec can get to 2k-2.4k if you have what it takes.
    Please give me an example of last season a tank in tank spec getting over 2k in 3's - maybe a holy priest in eu at 2.4k? Suggesting any spec is viable in 3's is incorrect - more so if you want to play with friends.

The thing is 3's is very spec / group dependant and as i'm sure you are aware not everyone loves death matches. Now rbg's are rather spec dependent too, but as there are more people in bg's and this allows more flexibility - you can bring in one or two non ideal specs. Sure you can argue which requires more skill, but i don't think anyone really cares about that.

The reason i prefer RBG's is i enjoy being able to beat teams who might well be able to win if it was a all out brawl but can lose because of tactics, being able to play and be successful with friends and making the most of your classes strong points with the weak areas covered by other classes, working as team to outplay rather then as a individual - that kinda thing.

So back to my original point, yeah, i feel rbg's should reward more then 100 points, it used to be 4 wins for a cap, we are now at 5, 4 seemed more fair for a time investment.
    Last edited by ilik2345; 2018-09-09 at 03:54 PM.

Deleted
    Now we're back to random drops AND conq cap. You can conq cap by doing casual PvP only. Does it take more time? Yes, but it's time you spend having fun doing random BGs right? ..
    Or you can suck it up and do the content it is intended for.
    I wish i could do random BG's and gear up that way...but it just isnt possible.
    I did like 20 BG's and got ZERO gear
    I did 20 2v2's and got 3 epics. One was a blue titanforged.

The system is shitting on casuals and is making you do rated Arena. Which you pointed out that "it has always been like this"...but it wasnt like this in Legion.

Gladly i found a "loophole"
    A loophole i find no fun at all.

I just keep my rating low and spam arenas with noobs...and we win some arenas that way.

Is this more fun that spaming random Battlegrounds? No its not more fun...for me. Just my personal preference i guess.

But i will keep abusing the loophole because thats what Blizzard want from me.

I just make groups in LFG saying "LF low geared player Epic Farm"
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-09-09 at 04:42 PM.

Every single thread you make is you complaining about how hard everything is. What are you? 12? Just stfu already and dont feel so entiteled to free loot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agnastyr View Post
    Every single thread you make is you complaining about how hard everything is. What are you? 12? Just stfu already and dont feel so entiteled to free loot
    You mean the easy freeloot farm in rated arena?

I just keep abusing the loophole and get free epics.

Nice system 10/10

Shitting on casuals, and making people abuse loopholes in rated arena.