Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    Please give me an example of last season a tank in tank spec getting over 2k in 3's - maybe a holy priest in eu at 2.4k? Suggesting any spec is viable in 3's is incorrect - more so if you want to play with friends.

The thing is 3's is very spec / group dependant and as i'm sure you are aware not everyone loves death matches. Now rbg's are rather spec dependent too, but as there are more people in bg's and this allows more flexibility - you can bring in one or two non ideal specs. Sure you can argue which requires more skill, but i don't think anyone really cares about that.

The reason i prefer RBG's is i enjoy being able to beat teams who might well be able to win if it was a all out brawl but can lose because of tactics, being able to play and be successful with friends and making the most of your classes strong points with the weak areas covered by other classes, working as team to outplay rather then as a individual - that kinda thing.

So back to my original point, yeah, i feel rbg's should reward more then 100 points, it used to be 4 wins for a cap, we are now at 5, 4 seemed more fair for a time investment.

This was the top Holy I could find in EU, there was a bunch more down the list.

Couldn't find a prot warrior in EU, but this dude got to 3k as prot in US. Didn't check other tank specs.
    But I know Blood DK is actually decent atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

And noone is forcing you to play it this way. You decide if the reward is worth your effort. Dont be a snowflake and expect handouts when you cry a little

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Or , you know, don't worry about the cap and play the game for fun and not like a job?
    Well I think OP is just angrily describing that casual players get really screwed over with this system. Unlike in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    You mean the easy freeloot farm in rated arena?

I just keep abusing the loophole and get free epics.

Nice system 10/10

Shitting on casuals, and making people abuse loopholes in rated arena.
    Gz on your 340 pieces. Lul. You can go do Warfronts and get the same ilvl btw. 340 is nothing, literally trash ilvl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Well I think OP is just angrily describing that casual players get really screwed over with this system. Unlike in Legion.
    Except they really dont, they can go AFK warfronts and get their 340 shiny epics, if that is all that matters to them. Then they can go back to AFKing BGs to get their honor levels.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post

This was the top Holy I could find in EU, there was a bunch more down the list.

Couldn't find a prot warrior in EU, but this dude got to 3k as prot in US. Didn't check other tank specs.
    But I know Blood DK is actually decent atm.
    There were blood dks at high rating in EU I wasn't that high but i can remember blood DK at around 2.5k mmr.

Holy priest is no suprise they were gods for a moment

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Gz on your 340 pieces. Lul. You can go do Warfronts and get the same ilvl btw. 340 is nothing, literally trash ilvl.

- - - Updated - - -

Except they really dont, they can go AFK warfronts and get their 340 shiny epics, if that is all that matters to them. Then they can go back to AFKing BGs to get their honor levels.
    Thank you Got 3 epics just now queueing with a 90k health rogue. Got the other weapon i needed and everything. We won like...10 arenas
    Im almost ilvl 340 just spaming the "loophole" with undergeared players.
    This is not fun in my opinion...but whatever.

You make a good point though...is way easier to just farm 340 gear in other ways in PvE.
    But this is a test to see "how is the life of a casual PvP'er in BfA"
    A person who only does PvP and gears up via PvP.

Fair enough,

For ref, the first win of the day in 3's is 50 that then drops to 35 & 100 for rbgs dropping to 65

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    Fair enough,

For ref, the first win of the day in 3's is 50 that then drops to 35 & 100 for rbgs dropping to 65
    So pretty much what everyone has been saying here is a lie...
    "Just win 10 3x3's and you reach the cap"

Still is the activity that rewards the most CP compared to the time it takes.

But thats not the point im trying to make
    Im just trying to say a casual player trying to gear up in casual PvP has a nightmare of a life.

3x3's are not exactly "casual content"
    They are hardcore content IMO
    Requires a lot of coordination and a voice chat even on the lower levels.

What im trying to say is...the life of a casual PvP'er is not easy at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I've been pugging 3v3 arenas to do it, especially on my Alliance alt because the Alliance is dogshit at battlegrounds.

Now my Alliance Warrior is at a higher rating than my main and pretty close to that juicy 1400 rating for the weekly 365 item. It sucks that gear is so heavily tied to what your rating is. Especially considering your rating goes down when you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I've been pugging 3v3 arenas to do it, especially on my Alliance alt because the Alliance is dogshit at battlegrounds.

Now my Alliance Warrior is at a higher rating than my main and pretty close to that juicy 1400 rating for the weekly 365 item. It sucks that gear is so heavily tied to what your rating is. Especially considering your rating goes down when you lose.
    I can't describe how i like that item level is tied to rating so noobs got low item level items.

Imagine if normal uldir could drop 380 ilvl because item level is not tied to difficulty.

Higher rating means higher difficulty, they can't give mythic worth gear for shit rating like 1600

Non-rated should not give conquest points.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Or , you know, don't worry about the cap and play the game for fun and not like a job?
    Kindly don't waste everyones time with such useless replies, thanks.

Deleted
    So you need the cap to get the weekly chest?

Or is it just for the item?

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Kindly don't waste everyones time with such useless replies, thanks.
    The irony of your comment.

His reply was legit though. If you're only doing casual BGs, capping Conq wont exactly do anything for you. It's not like it is hard to get a 340+ weapon from other means in the game, if you don't like Arena.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Omg this OP dude... invite someonr from the guild or lfg. Win like 10-20 rated arena games and youre good. Its very easy.

The pressure on your gameplay session of the day is insane.
    You need to win.
    Everyday
    The entire week
    If you dont win you get nothing.
    Not nothing:
    Conquest rewards are on a set schedule from the start of each season. This schedule is the same for all players.

If you've missed one or more weeks during a PvP season, you can still earn those rewards. Each time you fill up the Conquest bar, you will earn that reward and move on to the next one. If you catch up to the current week's reward, you must wait for the next week to start to receive that reward.
    https://battle.net/support/article/161081

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakkar View Post
    Ah interesting. Thats good news!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    Find 1 friend and play 2v2 arena. 10-15 wins = conquest cap.
    Well that's a lie, since you only get 10 conquest per 2v2 win lol. I actually just did 2's arena for gear, fun and conquest until I capped

7+ Year Old Account
    time is money

2 BG's take 1 hour to do (Horde Side) and you get 16 CP

This is insanity
    bgs are also not rated while 3v3 is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by kubasniak View Post
    Omg this OP dude... invite someonr from the guild or lfg. Win like 10-20 rated arena games and youre good. Its very easy.
    ITT: people who dont understand that the majority of people who PvPed at end-game in WoW for the the 12+ years prior to Legion never set foot into Arena and never wanted to.

This attempt to force people into the "rated or die" mindset is just going to lead to even LESS people on the ladder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    I can't describe how i like that item level is tied to rating so noobs got low item level items.

Imagine if normal uldir could drop 380 ilvl because item level is not tied to difficulty.
    Apples to bricks. Raiding does not have a system that by math and definition excludes ~82% of the entire participating population from ever getting good gear, ever.

If (by magic, or whatever) every WoW player became Mythic-Raid skilled overnight, every single one of them would get Mythic gear.

If, by magic or whatever, every WoW player became a 2400+ rating-capable PvPer, somewhere between 80-84% of them would still never acquire gear better than 355.

Pyramidal. Ladder. System. Only 18-22% of people can earn the ratings required for "good" gear. Full stop. Ever. Even if every PvPer were exactly as skilled as the other, the system will work out that only ~20% can have the rating to earn better gear. It would come down to RNG losing you matches and that'd be that. (The number varies because of the varying size of the pool of people on the ladder. The more people on the ladder, the smaller the % (down to about 18%) that can earn the higher rating - but it's still a larger absolute number of people; when the ladder shrinks, as many as 22% can earn the higher ranks).

Higher rating means higher difficulty, they can't give mythic worth gear for shit rating like 1600
    Why? They gave the same Conquest Gear to everyone, even people with no rating at all, for 12 years. During those 12 years and some change.. PvP flourished. Up to 2 million people on the ladder. Lowest season ever was still over 700,000 people on the ladder. Almost FIFTY PERCENT of the ENTIRE POPULATION of max-level characters did enough PvP to get an entire set of Conquest Gear EVERY SEASON. Most of them without ever setting foot into Arena.

They took that system away...

And the best Season Legion had had less than 70,000 people on the ladder. A 90% drop-off. Non-rated participation took a similar nose-dive. (Number of people that even had enough Prestige in Legion to equal a SINGLE SEASON of getting 25k Conquest from Randoms was sub-4% of the population, down from an average of 48% of people getting the full Conquest set EVERY SEASON prior to that). A more than 90% drop off in casual PvP participation.

PvP imploded.

WHen will you people understand that your blinkered elitist ideas simply Do. Not. Work. ?