Question Are the rated rewards based on your current rating, weekly best, or season high?

I can't get any confirmation from Blizzard support on this. If I drop below 1800, does that mean I get challenger gear again, or does it depend on where I peaked that week or earlier in the season? I'm a bit thrown off because the rank in the rated tab only looks like you can rank up, not down.

Both weekly chest and conquest bar rewards are based on previous week's highest rating achieved regardless of which bracket or whether you dropped out of said rating.

The random gear bonus after winning a match is based on your CR.

Is there a source for that info?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)

That post explains what the rewards are. It doesn't explain anything about whether it's dependent on cr or weekly rating

Quote Originally Posted by nyy22592 View Post
    Is there a source for that info?
    No source needed, it just reflects the way mythic chests work ,unless you believe blizzard would make up a different system just for pvp. ^_^

Besides in legion the weekly loot was given based on highest rating achieved the prior week, not your CR, it's basically the exact same system except they added a "chest" for the sake of making it shinier.

Why is Season High able to go back down? Is that how that's supposed to work? Because it doesn't sound like it.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by nyy22592 View Post
    I can't get any confirmation from Blizzard support on this. If I drop below 1800, does that mean I get challenger gear again, or does it depend on where I peaked that week or earlier in the season? I'm a bit thrown off because the rank in the rated tab only looks like you can rank up, not down.
    I bet it's the same like in legion. Weekly items are based on last week highest rating and items that can drop after arena are based on current rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    I bet it's the same like in legion. Weekly items are based on last week highest rating and items that can drop after arena are based on current rating.
    I said the same thing but some people won't believe anything until they see it with their own eyes.