View Poll Results: Is buying tokens and boosts from Blizzard considered cheating in WoW?

Voters
542. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this is clearly cheating

68 12.55%
  • No, cheating has a very specific meaning

450 83.03%
  • Other - My answer is way too convoluted, see below

24 4.43%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    I've been buying boosts since they went to lvl 90, and tokens from the day they released. I've only added 4 of the 17 pages of purchase history. Everything I do is legit since Blizz gets paid.

This doesn't even count the 100 or so I've purchased since March.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fallasleep View Post
    This isn't what I'm talking about. I didn't read it somewhere, I saw someone say it. Must've been Blizzcon or a Q&A or interview.

Who said you would be banned for it? lol, no one said that buying boosts or tokens is an exploit that is bannable. What are you even talking about?
    Well, you need to find the link to the video, cause anyone can claim anything is said. As for the 2nd part, people claim is it cheating, but wouldn't I get banned if it were?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    LOL this thread reminds me of flat earthers all ignoring simple facts.

How can skipping 110 levels and/or buying in game gold not be cheating at the game?
    Ways to cheat:

gold hack
    codes
    pay Chinese for gold
    pay Chinese to power level
    flying hack
    speed hack
    duping
    exploits
    take advantage of a glitch

Ways to not cheat:

Use Blizzard approved services
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Good post Doomtinker. You are always a valued member of the community and your insights pierce deep into the heart of the matter. Like the light the splits the foggy haze of a morning dew on a lake front.

Private Server World of Warcraft, the one and only REAL WOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    I've been buying boosts since they went to lvl 90, and tokens from the day they released. I've only added 4 of the 17 pages of purchase history. Everything I do is legit since Blizz gets paid.

This doesn't even count the 100 or so I've purchased since March.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you need to find the link to the video, cause anyone can claim anything is said. As for the 2nd part, people claim is it cheating, but wouldn't I get banned if it were?

- - - Updated - - -

Ways to cheat:

gold hack
    codes
    pay Chinese for gold
    pay Chinese to power level
    flying hack
    speed hack
    duping
    exploits
    take advantage of a glitch

Ways to not cheat:

Use Blizzard approved services
    A fool and his money are soon parted.

Lets see here, you are paying extra money to play less of a game you are paying to pay - Genius.

If paying the Chinese for gold or to power level is cheating the game then doing the same or similar is cheating the game. The fact that Blizzard allow makes zero difference to the game or any other player you gain an advantage over. Why are you having trouble with this simple concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    the problem is not in the game, the problem is within you. Your standards are too high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    LFR-players of today are capable of going to Classic and beat the final raids
    Complete delusion...

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Lets see here, you are paying extra money to play less of a game you are paying to pay - Genius.

If paying the Chinese for gold or to power level is cheating the game then doing the same or similar is cheating the game. The fact that Blizzard allow makes zero difference to the game or any other player you gain an advantage over. Why are you having trouble with this simple concept.
    Not everyone has deep pockets like I do. This is my hobby, so I spend my money as I please. But hey, thanks for stopping by.
    Good post Doomtinker. You are always a valued member of the community and your insights pierce deep into the heart of the matter. Like the light the splits the foggy haze of a morning dew on a lake front.

Private Server World of Warcraft, the one and only REAL WOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Because cheating in a game is doing something that is not the legit intended way of playing it.

Being able to spend gold to get tokens or spend cash to get boosts/tokens is a legit intended thing to do.

Not a hard concept to understand.
    Regardless of how it is obtained the intention and effect on the game is the same - game play is skipped to the purchasers advantage and that is commonly known as cheating.

- - - Updated - - -

Not everyone has deep pockets like I do. This is my hobby, so I spend my money as I please. But hey, thanks for stopping by.
    You want to waste your money thats up to you, just remember you are cheating the game and ultimately yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    the problem is not in the game, the problem is within you. Your standards are too high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    LFR-players of today are capable of going to Classic and beat the final raids
    Complete delusion...

You want to waste your money thats up to you, just remember you are cheating the game and ultimately yourself.
    The only "cheat" I feel is how I am cheated of telling you what I really think of you and your opinion. Aside from that, every day is a sunny day in WoW. The boosts are fantastic and the tokens keep adding to my mountains of gold.

Ok how can something be cheating if its not against the rules in the game....
    19KbBmTBCvHyA3eHFhP8UCnbx2JoYA3az6

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Ok how can something be cheating if its not against the rules in the game....
    My thoughts exactly. But click on the poll and see the names of all the people who claim it is.

My thoughts exactly. But click on the poll and see the names of all the people who claim it is.
    None of those names mean much to me.

Its just odd ppl complain about something thats been in the game for a few years in a legit way. And in the game since vanilla in a nonlegit way.
    19KbBmTBCvHyA3eHFhP8UCnbx2JoYA3az6