View Poll Results: Is buying tokens and boosts from Blizzard considered cheating in WoW?

Voters
929. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this is clearly cheating

108 11.63%
  • No, cheating has a very specific meaning

788 84.82%
  • Other - My answer is way too convoluted, see below

33 3.55%
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    It's not cheating, because it's available to everyone and provided by Blizzard.

It's probably pay to win depending on how you define this.

Private Server World of Warcraft, the one and only REAL WOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    "Cheating" is such an Easy word. Sure you can stamp the word "Cheating" on almost any Violation of the Rules.
    But if it were that easy the ToS would be a hell of a lot shorter.

Using Exploits is a form of Cheat, and "Leveling as intended", is exactly the right words here.
    Blizzard makes the Rules for the game, it is not up to anyone else to decide what "Cheating" is.

The LevelBoots also follows its rules. You can for example not Boost to MaxLevel.

This is also the same as the AccountSharing ToS breach. You are not allowed to buy/sell Services/Items ingame with Real money.

This is not neccessarily because they "dont Profit" from it, but to at least the same amount to protect the users from Scams and AccountLoss.
    (It Happens)

What is or is not Cheating is determined by the Rules and not the Userbase. Oo
    Overall this is is rather odd thread if I think about it.
    The point you make is technically correct of course - how can it be cheating if the very company that sets the rules allows you to do it. In my view its more of a case that Blizzard are "allowing" you to cheat providing you pay them. I do not consider real life money or the shop part of the in game world and as such should not influence it. Its not fair to everyone else who plays the game properly and causing a conflict of interest for Blizzard.

Taking this to its natural conclusion, buying gear, access to powerful classes, I win buttons or Bots if on sale from the shop wouldn't be cheating either.
    Last edited by NigelGurney; 2018-10-20 at 12:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    the problem is not in the game, the problem is within you. Your standards are too high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    LFR-players of today are capable of going to Classic and beat the final raids
    Complete delusion...

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Either way it just makes things worse for legit players. Let them play on their own self contained servers and have them compete with one another on the auction house for goods instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but legit players like you suffer thought with expensive pots. At some point legit players should realize that cheaters are the ones least complaining about the prices of pots...
    its insane how much gold i spend and farmed this expansion even more then in legion i know that blizzard wants to remove gold out of the game but this dont hurts the rich gold moguls in wow i think its to late for blizzard to go this route but yeah i am on a point where my time i spend on farming is more then i raid and i slowly realize hey why should i do this its not worth the time or rl money would be better to stop mythic raiding i am not sure atm anymore
    Water is wet, the sky is blue and bees still produce enough honey to feed winnie the pooh

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    Dripping with sarcasm. Oozing with it.

Honestly I couldn't care less about the issue of 'cheating'. World firsts? High Warlord/Grand Marshal? Gladiator? Who cares.

It's a game people. If you get famous playing it, good on you, but otherwise it's just a game.
    It is definitely just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    ... You know having a larger amount of Gold doesn't change your stats at all, right?
    Having a larger amount of gold literally changes you starts which is then used to buy boosts or items which literally change your stats.
    Let us spare a moment to remember Demasiados who took one for the team in the name of finding facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demasiados View Post
    https://hooktube.com/watch?v=7yHy0gcZ11Y
    Also fuck op for posting clickbait onesided clip.the altrecation was longer
    Never go full jeffy.

It's only "cheating" if you and another person are doing a race to see who's the fastest to reach max level and buying leveling boosts is against the arbitrary rules you two agreed upon for said 'race'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You're claiming one of the main concerns of NPC design is "how would a class based on this NPC play like?"
    An NPC that could be a potential class. Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You are actually saying Lightforged Draenei lose their ability to pilot a mech when arriving on Azeroth.
    Until otherwise indicated, that would be the indication.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Having a larger amount of gold literally changes you starts which is then used to buy boosts or items which literally change your stats.
    Yes, because being lvl 110 with 177 gear is a HUGE threat to a 120 with 390 ilvl.