Deleted

Unholy arena help

I rerolled DK for this expac, and I'm looking to improve my skills in arenas, mostly 3s.

Here's some bulletpoints of what i would like to know:

- What do I have to be observant about
    - My primary role in the arena
    - Best / viable set-ups currently
    - Good videos of arena gameplay

If you feel like anything else is good info, don't hold back

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomadz View Post
    I rerolled DK for this expac, and I'm looking to improve my skills in arenas, mostly 3s.

there is no DKs in arena this season. Avoid playing them.

I've only been a 2100 unholy dk in 3s. We do need buffs our survivability is terrible our dmg is lack luster compared to other classes.

Your main role is to be disruptive towards the enemy healer. You should use your pet to root with a dark transformation leap and stun the healer too. Use ur asphyxiate on the healer to land kills on a dps or to peel a dps off your own healer. Keep chains on everyone to slow them. Stack necro wounds on the kill target and disrupt the healer so he falls behind on healing the kill target. Keep your dots up as much as possible.

Use your range interrupt on the healer then try to asphyxiate after the interrupt is up and have someone chain off your stun. when the kill target is ready to be bursted on.

A lot of things may change due to certain situations. Just deal as much spread pressure as you can while stacking necrotic wounds on everyone but mainly the kill target.

Your job is to be 1. Disruptive to the healer. 2. Spread pressure with dots and stacking necrotic wounds.

Enjoy yourself and practice controlling your pet. We will get buffs at some point lol. But when our class is more viable. That's the best advice I can give you.

Again I'm not a gladiator this is just my take on it from someone who was a 1550 player who worked hard to hit 2100. Its practice and staying consistent. Your not an arms warrior your an unholy dk remember that. Play smart keep your chains of ice up, dots up, necrotic wounds flowing and disrupt the healer in key moments when your trying to set up a kill.
    Last edited by Ghoulcrypt; 2018-09-09 at 03:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulcrypt View Post
    I've only been a 2100 unholy dk in 3s. We do need buffs our survivability is terrible our dmg is lack luster compared to other classes.

Your main role is to be disruptive towards the enemy healer. You should use your pet to root with a dark transformation leap and stun the healer too. Use ur asphyxiate on the healer to land kills on a dps or to peel a dps off your own healer. Keep chains on everyone to slow them. Stack necro wounds on the kill target and disrupt the healer so he falls behind on healing the kill target. Keep your dots up as much as possible.

Use your range interrupt on the healer then try to asphyxiate after the interrupt is up and have someone chain off your stun. when the kill target is ready to be bursted on.

A lot of things may change due to certain situations. Just deal as much spread pressure as you can while stacking necrotic wounds on everyone but mainly the kill target.

Your job is to be 1. Disruptive to the healer. 2. Spread pressure with dots and stacking necrotic wounds.

Enjoy yourself and practice controlling your pet. We will get buffs at some point lol. But when our class is more viable. That's the best advice I can give you.

Again I'm not a gladiator this is just my take on it from someone who was a 1550 player who worked hard to hit 2100. Its practice and staying consistent. Your not an arms warrior your an unholy dk remember that. Play smart keep your chains of ice up, dots up, necrotic wounds flowing and disrupt the healer in key moments when your trying to set up a kill.
    How should i use necrotic strike vs scourge strike/clawing shadows ?
    Last edited by mmocce1a1323c7; 2018-09-09 at 05:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulcrypt View Post

Thanks for your reply it's quite insightful. Do you have any suggestion regarding controlling the pet? Macros etc.

So spreading necrotic wounds on everyone not only kill target? I assume this is situational as due to not having much mobility targets can be hard to reach?

All in all i have a lot to learn, and practice is the major key improving i know. I enjoy the playstyle of unholy, so really just looking at theory in order to improve faster.

Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    How should i use necrotic strike vs scourge strike/clawing shadows ?
    Honestly, i never use Scourge strike unless the target is low with enough necrotic wounds stacked on them. Basically, you're just necro striking thats why your dmg doesn't look stellar compared to other melee. It doesn't take in account the healing asorb you put on as dmg. It only counts the 800 dmg it does per strike. Unlike disc priest where their absorbs count as healing when they dont heal anything. & you can necro strike through life cocoon & bops too to keep stacks up or build them.

I hope this gives you better insight, Unholy is meant to be disruptive to the enemy healer & rot the team down. With spread pressure & healing asorbs to put them behind the 8 ball sort to speak. Dampening is your friend as unholy.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your reply it's quite insightful. Do you have any suggestion regarding controlling the pet? Macros etc.

So spreading necrotic wounds on everyone not only kill target? I assume this is situational as due to not having much mobility targets can be hard to reach?

All in all i have a lot to learn, and practice is the major key improving i know. I enjoy the playstyle of unholy, so really just looking at theory in order to improve faster.
    it wont let me post the macros...it keeps thinking im trying to post a video or link says i dont have enough posts to do it.

To Control your pet? Disable the pet stun and leap from automatically occuring. You want to manually be able to use that as a peel/kill set up. Since dark transformation makes that leap actually interrupt & root the enemy. That is huge vs casters & healers when going for a kill.

Unholy pet macros have HEALER SET AS FOCUS! make sure dark transformation is up to really use leap because it not only roots the healer it interrupts them for 4 seconds if you time it right via mid cast =)

#showtooltip
    /Cast [@focus] Leap

#showtooltip
    /Cast [@focus] Gnaw

Other macros to disrupt healers

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus] Death Grip
    ...this can help when he is mid cast it will act as a psuedo-interrupt cus he'll after reset his cast. Plus he will try to run away to LOS. Or you can use to be sneaky and do a no-look grip cus ur hitting someone else. To grab him for a hardswap! to kill!

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus] Asphyxiate
    ...that way you can keep training ur kill target and stun healer without swapping to him to asphyxiate him.

Yeah the necrotic wounds you wanna stack up on the Kill target, but lets be honest we'll be swapping alot b/c you shouldnt be chasing a target. Just swap dot/build necrotic wounds until you're able to connect to your kill target again. You just want to do your best to put that healer in a bind. By making them heal harder = spending more mana. This is done by stacking necrotic asorb wounds. They have to out heal those wounds in order to even actually heal the target =).

If you'd like feel free to PM me, id be glad to help you out anytime bud.
    Last edited by Ghoulcrypt; 2018-09-11 at 06:06 AM.