Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ymn View Post
    It's far from the best DPS class. Looking through logs, DKs are literal middle of the pack - they excel on bosses that have little movement and are middle-lower pack on bosses that require movement. Most of the damage from those logs are adds and even with 95% that you linked (which is never a clear representation of a class), they are literally in the middle on boss damage while Affliction is miles ahead of everyone.
    I posted the damn logs Before, They are the best dps class currently as frost. Unholy is middle of the pack stop using words like "literal" when I posted the damn logs in which you refer that shows that they are the best.. You're just playing stupid or lying at this Point.

Quote Originally Posted by ymn View Post
    On the other hand, DKs are one of the few classes that bring absolutely nothing to the group aka selfish classes (they have the worst Battle Rez, no idea why it costs 30 Runic Power and you can't reliably rez a tank in a moment's notice). If they didn't have sheer numbers, there would be no reason to even bring a DK other than grips on Zul.
    Did you just call battle res worthless? "DKs are one of the few classes that bring absolutely nothing" are you shitting me? Battle res is probably the most important thing after bloodlust that a dps can bring. Its basicly a failsafe for certain fights where people fuck up.

It just feels like you people are clueless on what you class actually can do. They are the best dps atm undisputed the mythic logs is proof enough. So stop the damn crying and go do the work, you currently have 2 extremly strong specs and 1 thats mid tier that will probably put you above 90% of the classes so you're not "fine" you're actually pretty damn strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Order66 View Post
    Linking a 95% percentile mythic only damage parse isnt exactly representative of a class.
    That includes 1 parse for FDK on Fetid, zero for Zul.

So yes in fights where you're at max gear level, and barely have to move (mother if you're not going through early, Zek where you can pad with add damage if you time breath and Vectis which is basically a stationary fight in p1) Frost is seemingly doing well.

On fights with movement Talok, Fetid its middle of the pack
    And this is unique for Death Knights only? having some fights where they are good and some where they do poorly? get out of here with that biased logic. Its the same for literally every class but at the end the DK is still performing better at average against every other class. So its actually struggling less then other classes on fights that are not catered to them.

And ofcourse I'm going to use the 95% percentile because the best players brings the most out of classes. They tend to reflect what you can do if you actually git gud.

Deleted
    Sure, Frost hits but what the hell do it brings to the table? And don't get me started on mobility. I haven't played DK as a main in mythic raiding for a while now due to that: utility.

Also, I like BoS... Machine gun bores me for some reason.

Unless you never go below 30 to our brez is useless because by the time you make 30rp and get the brez off it's prob to late

And that's all we bring most fights.

Whilst still being mediocre on a lot of fights. I don't mind being middling dps if I can do other useful stuff. If we could just get the to cost changed to 1 rune or removed it d work better. Or get our aoe stun and grasp back.

Basically all we got now is we aren't shamans
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    If it's middle of the pack why are you complaining? you just want it to be top or something? arguing about the difference in dps classes i can understand. but just complaining you aren't at the top is silly. something always has to be top and something always has to be bottom. DKs are not in the worst spot atm compared to others.
    Others who?

The only classes that are not represented in the top are Shamans (which everyone knows are in the pooper) and SPriests (which again, are promised balance/gameplay changes in 8.1). DKs excel on fights where there's not a lot of movement and are not the best class

Quote Originally Posted by Meatsack View Post
    I posted the damn logs Before, They are the best dps class currently as frost. Unholy is middle of the pack stop using words like "literal" when I posted the damn logs in which you refer that shows that they are the best.. You're just playing stupid or lying at this Point.
    It depends from fight to fight - as aforementioned.

Did you just call battle res worthless? "DKs are one of the few classes that bring absolutely nothing" are you shitting me? Battle res is probably the most important thing after bloodlust that a dps can bring. Its basicly a failsafe for certain fights where people fuck up.
    DKs usually don't have 30 Runic Power sitting around and it can be several globals before you have 30+ Runic Power to rez someone, which on fights where an instant rez is needed is simply unacceptable

It just feels like you people are clueless on what you class actually can do. They are the best dps atm undisputed the mythic logs is proof enough. So stop the damn crying and go do the work, you currently have 2 extremly strong specs and 1 thats mid tier that will probably put you above 90% of the classes so you're not "fine" you're actually pretty damn strong.

- - - Updated - - -

And this is unique for Death Knights only? having some fights where they are good and some where they do poorly? get out of here with that biased logic. Its the same for literally every class but at the end the DK is still performing better at average against every other class. So its actually struggling less then other classes on fights that are not catered to them.

And ofcourse I'm going to use the 95% percentile because the best players brings the most out of classes. They tend to reflect what you can do if you actually git gud.
    Since you're going with the "big dick" argument, I'm presuming all those 95% logs are yours? Since you are clearly so skilled that you can trash talk everyone here. 95% are either exceptional players in their own right (more power to them), EXTREMELY lucky in fights (never targeted with certain mechanics that require you to stop doing stuff), or just blatant padding on adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    Maybe actually take a look at logs before making an argument. Plenty of other specs are not doing so well compared to top specs. Fury/Feral/Fire to name a few.
    So I can say the same about Unholy then? With measly 800ish parses altogether. The "DKs are OP" poster stated that "why would you play Unholy when Frost is so good" - same can be said for pretty much any other class and apart from the aforementioned, every class has a top performer in one way or another.

That is, of course, completely ignoring the fact that you might not have the gear for that or that you dislike the playstyle. If you're going for performance and the almighty 95%+ you must sacrifice your fun with class mechanics and whatever other bond you may have with the class/spec and forgo it in the direction that numbers will provide you more fun. (since that's the elitist sentiment that's going around on these forums)