Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Fahrad talking about the important issues. Hopefully this isnt something they mess up in the World Revamp as well...
    We all have our battles to fight Shad... Don't get me all started on a World Revamp though, I'll set those forums on fire.

You’re not the only one whose bothered by this. The gazelle in Voldun make me sick.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Do you miss ghostcrab?
    Don't know when he was, but the game used to be that you could log in and stuff was working and stuff was not timegated like it is now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Talking about updated models, I was recently leveling in Searing Gorge and noticed that the fire spider models there were recently updated. Really stands out compared to everything else.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Talking about updated models, I was recently leveling in Searing Gorge and noticed that the fire spider models there were recently updated. Really stands out compared to everything else.
    Yep, it's the new tarantula model they use in BfA!

It's called inconsistency and lazyness. Blizzard designed a new whole set for the human footmen and 90% of them are still using the old outdated one. I could understand in old zones but no, even in BFA ones. SO what's the point ?

https://imgur.com/a/S11VMuc

Ogre camp near Witherbark village. Doesn't look that bad, but still inconsistent.

7+ Year Old Account
    And what's wrong with original banner? Don't see point even to claim that new much better
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    This is what new raptor from WoD looks like for those wondering btw:

Those are the ones still in Arathi:

I much more prefer this way:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    So "models problem" didn't teach you anything? Let them make new ones, but don't change old ones, everything is very simple.
    Generation-"let's break everything what was before us" completely lost fear.

And by the way, they officially answered this question.
    <1> <2> <3>
    (the same applies to mounts and other similar material)

Problem that even this
    isn't yet a fact because of people like you. And that's one of the reasons I'm here.

ps. Your memory is short.
    + to handle this problem, since raptors (and other creatures) have different effects and color/art scheme on them. I won't be surprised if "replacement" will offend someone like (for ex.) hunters.

You are in vain trying to invade sphere of "opinions/preferences" because Blizzard seems're are very bad in make "high-poly original versions" and this appeared in most frustrating occurrence in game for me, I'm talking about new character models. So don't expect that everyone will support you in full. Banner is a trifle of course, nothing significant, but I'm talking about principle/approach for this matter.

ps. There is nothing bad with having both versions (even within same location), more isn't less. And no, toggle won't help.
    Let's be clear on this: I'm not pushing my views on anyone, and that's specifically why I made this thread, to see if some people disagreed or didn't care at all. To me, a high-poly model will always be better than a crappy one from 2005. But that's my personnal opinion, not the truth nor a fact. I can completely understand if people would rather keep old models if they're very attached to it. I still think it's inconsistent to mix both, but I'm very interested in hearing from players who don't mind/would rather keep the old models!
    I know this, that's why I tried to make it not offensive, just a remark. I hope at least, that I did
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2018-09-10 at 09:31 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Bombshock View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/S11VMuc

Ogre camp near Witherbark village. Doesn't look that bad, but still inconsistent.
    Oh my... Yep, it does! I'm greatful I haven't discovered this myself. I really don't get it. Do you think there is someone at Blizzard thinking "Oh yeah let's mix models and assets from 2005 with the ones from 2018, that way it will give more diversity and nostalgia to the game!"? Because really all this "let's mix the very old with the very new" is absurd.

And what's wrong with original banner? Don't see point even to claim that new much better I much more prefer this way+ to handle this problem, since raptors (and other creatures) have different effects and color scheme on them. I won't be surprised if "replacement" will offend someone from (for ex.) hunters.

You are in vain trying to invade sphere of "opinions/preferences" because Blizzard seems're are very bad in make "high-poly original versions" and this appeared in most frustrating occurrence in game for me, I'm talking about new characters models. So don't expect that everyone will support you in full. Banner is a trifle of course, nothing significant, but I'm talking about principle/approach for this matter.
    Let's be clear on this: I'm not pushing my views on anyone, and that's specifically why I made this thread, to see if some people disagreed or didn't care at all. To me, a high-poly model will always be better than a crappy one from 2005. But that's my personnal opinion, not the truth nor a fact. I can completely understand if people would rather keep old models if they're very attached to it. I still think it's inconsistent to mix both, but I'm very interested in hearing from players who don't mind/would rather keep the old models!

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I, as a game artist, have wondered this myself... it annoys me greatly, seeing as they already have new and better models.

I don't get it...

Same for the structures and trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    I, as a game artist, have wondered this myself... it annoys me greatly, seeing as they already have new and better models.

I don't get it...

Same for the structures and trees.
    It's good to have the opinion of a professional on this! Hopefully they used some new trees in Arathi, to be honest I was almost expecting them to use the old ones from nearby regions... I just don't get it, especially when new models already exist, it makes no sense.

I alwayd assume they use it because some players enjoy the bostalgia kicks they give. Especially the raptor mount.

Quote Originally Posted by moromir View Post
    Cmon breh. Blizz Got like 4 people working on the entire game. Cut them some slacks.
    Apart from the design Team... I do actually believe that they only have a handful of actual programmers

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I alwayd assume they use it because some players enjoy the bostalgia kicks they give. Especially the raptor mount.
    it's literally this

every time they update models you have the resident forum spastic making about 30 threads about the new models. So they keep old and new ones together.

Imagine the uproar if they made mounts like the ZG tiger, HD?

I think the current team is the biggest they've ever had. Or at least it was the case in Legion.

That's what I thought as well, but it doesn't explain the old mobs. And I'd rather have "slightly repetitive" than "straight out of 2005" haha! But maybe it's just me focusing too much on this kind of stuff!
    It is something like 250 now, compared to the like 80 during WoD development, they ramped it up before Legion and it helped a lot.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Don't know when he was, but the game used to be that you could log in and stuff was working and stuff was not timegated like it is now.
    I have no idea what game you played but it sure wasn't WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    it's literally this

every time they update models you have the resident forum spastic making about 30 threads about the new models. So they keep old and new ones together.

Problem isn't that models become new, real problem is that they don't making it proper way. There's no need to discredit people. Devs doing this wrong in most cases (different animations, geometry/shapes and colors/art) and it's obvious, that's all

Why blame those who didn't want these changes? They weren't against "add more", just against "replace stuff that they liked" for no reason.
    So the wrong way to make a new model is to make a new model?
    Makes perfect sense.
    Wrong way is change. Since oval stays oval, red stays red, black remains black, canonical animations remain canonical (only they add more features that aren't reflecting in these basic canonical animations) and so on. Simple. But, well, if you decide to "remake" something, then find the time to keep original for those who preferred this particular species... and that is how to make it proper but since they change originals not in accordance with how they looked before (as I said above), they have to face such problem. This is entirely their fault, this is result of incompetent work.

The fact that you're trying to be rude doesn't make you right, only shows absence of any your interest in having useful discussion
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2018-10-12 at 12:08 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Problem isn't that models become new, real problem is that they don't making it proper way. There's no need to discredit people. Devs doing this wrong in most cases (different animations, geometry/shapes and colors/art) ans it obvious, that's all
    So the wrong way to make a new model is to make a new model?
    Makes perfect sense.

it's literally this

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    You're probably right! I guess an important part of the players don't mind about them mixing old and new together.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It is something like 250 now, compared to the like 80 during WoD development, they ramped it up before Legion and it helped a lot.
    Thanks for the precision man!

Deleted
    It pisses me off more than it should.
    I am leveling my Mag'har trough the Ghostlands and reached the Quel'Dorei village with the High Elf Ghosts. And they use the old OLD High Elf Model.

This piece of shit.
    The horribly mangled white Night Elf models. We're now at the second upgraded High/Blood Elf models yet these guys still look like they're from 2007...
    No, that's actually an insult to 2007 Video game graphics. These look like N64 shit. FUCK.