Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Oh yeah bandages in Legion , healed less then 400k out of people having millions of hp.

Amazing right?
    Yes actually it was amazing.

Rogue liife.

Thug life.

Capping yo towers

And sucking away your hours

Sap and go

Oh no

Rogue is here

Get out of here.

:P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    Seeing how tailoring along with engineering are the new meta raid professions everyone even semi-serious should have tailoring for the 15% threat reduction if they're not a tank or don't posses one of the few remaining threat-counter abilities.
    soulshatter is now a PvP skill, class design is now even more retarded then when i left in WoD.
    Yeah what bothers me is they removed most of the useful things from all professions and then they pull a brain farts like this in BFA.

I'm just surprised it took this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    If it means that much to you, you could just... (drum roll please) buy bandages!

No really, it's that simple.
    supply doesn't meet my demand

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Oh yeah bandages in Legion , healed less then 400k out of people having millions of hp.

Amazing right?
    i didn't play legion

i could tell i wouldn't enjoy playing the game by the fact that your welfare legendary was now your weapon, so unlike in MoP and WoD when you could skip or put off the cloak/ring and still play alts for a while, you would now be FORCED to do boring pve bot content to raid every last step of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Really..I don't get this topic. I play all classes...and First Aid is just useless...I admit I levelled it ... just like cooking, but it was oh so useless...
    you probably don't understand why anyone would trinket an 8s root either because hybrids are running wild and are out of control

First aid was awesome and still is awesome. Tailoring for the win!

So buy bandages and stop the stupid ass whining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeh View Post
    Omegalul

The good ones heal for 37k. It just shows how fucking broken true hybrids are when people act like that's inconsequential.

Also bandages are are better for healing than suicide rush because you dont have to be in melee range surrounded by enemies to use them.
    You dont need the bandages for anything now. We have plenty of selfheal for any solo content.

I agree that bandages have largely become obsolete at this point, but I would personally prefer Blizzard to have added new things to First Aid (or to have made bandages better.) I suspect they just don't want to let an important aspect of our characters - that is, in-combat self-healing capacity - be basically gated behind materials and grinding. At least, that's why I think First Aid had consistently stayed relatively poor while self-healing capacities have generally increased. And really, what else is First Aid good for if not for self-healing? Since they're not going to let it perform its intended function they probably figured they might as well cut it.

Not that I agree with that policy (supposing Blizzard is following such a policy of keeping self-healing non-reliant on professions), mind. I'd prefer professions to stay relevant and for them to not get deleted wholesale. Who knows if they'd decide to just delete professions entirely some day? Although I suspect professions will probably stay unpopular as long as they are basically based on grinding, so I can't really say it might be an unpopular decision to remove them.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2018-09-16 at 10:57 AM.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What I don't understand is this comparisons. Simplyer put: I don't miss first Aid, haven't missed it in years. It was awesome though when we actually did use it to bandage our priests on our first Razorgore kill in BWL :P
    Presumably, you don't find bandaids useful because you primarily play PvE content and/or play a hybird who possess pretty ridiculous self-healing capabilities. you don't know what it's like to actually have to eat to get your health back and you aren't as hindered by many forms of CC due to your ability to poke from range and superior suite of defensive capabilities that allow you to play chicken and not commit to fights.

i'm honestly surprised to see the number of people who think bandadges are useless and don't think it's that big of a deal that warriors don't get rewarded for winning fights if they have nothing to use victory rush on. the damage it does is so trash you should be able to hit yourself with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    So buy bandages and stop the stupid ass whining.
    market supply doesn't meet my demand
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You dont need the bandages for anything now. We have plenty of selfheal for any solo content.
    OK, let's say there is this boss that drops an item you want. Nevermind the fact that I AM NOT interested in bandages for PvE content, but I just want to illustrate a point.

This boss is just wrecking you, absolutely destroying your shit. You get him to phase change at 5% HP and get a 10s intermission for Second Wind to heal you back up to 35% because Second Wind doesn't start healing until 5 seconds after taking no damage. But you keep wiping to this boss because you need 100% of your HP + Impending Victory in your pocket to get this win. And just, for whatever reason, Die by The Sword isn't helpful and playing Fury or Prot is out of the question.

Do you just give up or do you go get some useless bandages, a healing potion and take advantage of second wind for a combined total of 100k HP healed during intermission with IP in your pocket as well?

it's really not a difficult concept guys

Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    I agree that bandages have largely become obsolete at this point, but I would personally prefer Blizzard to have added new things to First Aid (or to have made bandages better.) I suspect they just don't want to let an important aspect of our characters - that is, in-combat self-healing capacity - be basically gated behind materials and grinding. At least, that's why I think First Aid had consistently stayed relatively poor while self-healing capacities have generally increased. And really, what else is First Aid good for if not for self-healing? Since they're not going to let it perform its intended function they probably figured they might as well cut it.

Not that I agree with that policy (supposing Blizzard is following such a policy of keeping self-healing non-reliant on professions), mind. I'd prefer professions to stay relevant and for them to not get deleted wholesale. Who knows if they'd decide to just delete professions entirely some day? Although I suspect professions will probably stay unpopular as long as they are basically based on grinding, so I can't really say it might be an unpopular decision to remove them.
    might as well lol... nitro boosts is on potion cooldown now, still fatally leaks and blows you up into the sky every once in a blue moon. plus you can't use the glider in dungeons anymore. i miss when professions were dope.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    @WintersLegion

This is just false Information dude.

Bandages were super useful in expansions like tbc, wrath, cata and even in MoP. People would regularly use them, mainly in Arenas, but also often in dungeons and Raids.
    Agreed, they were very helpful when still in combat but trying to heal. They've saved my ass leveling alts numerous times when overwhelmed by a pack. I could get just far enough away, or temp CC to bandage enough to finish the fight.

I wish it was still a worthwhile profession and actually had heals that mattered. TBH, I'd prefer a return to first aid and lose my new castable self heal on the classes that previously have none. Not everyone will share this opinion, but to each their own.

First aid? atleast 10 years since I used it. Never even bothered leveling it long ago
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2018-10-25 at 08:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    OK, let's say there is this boss that drops an item you want. Nevermind the fact that I AM NOT interested in bandages for PvE content, but I just want to illustrate a point.

This boss is just wrecking you, absolutely destroying your shit. You get him to phase change at 5% HP and get a 10s intermission for Second Wind to heal you back up to 35% because Second Wind doesn't start healing until 5 seconds after taking no damage. But you keep wiping to this boss because you need 100% of your HP + Impending Victory in your pocket to get this win. And just, for whatever reason, Die by The Sword isn't helpful and playing Fury or Prot is out of the question.

Do you just give up or do you go get some useless bandages, a healing potion and take advantage of second wind for a combined total of 100k HP healed during intermission with IP in your pocket as well?

it's really not a difficult concept guys.
    Name one example where this is actually a thing

Because this situation was pulled entirely out of your arse.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I was ready to use bandages again because I heard that mobs wind up hitting you harder the closer you get to 120, so I'm still salty about them taking away my ability to make bandages, and taking away a title I only knew about for a month and never had any luck trying to get.

I'm reminded of the funniest story I can remember about WoW's early days.

After a Dungeon turned brutal the healer was asked by the tank what was the problem. His answer, "I ran out of bandages".

I played a rogue in MC - standing at the back on Geddon was about the last time they were useful

Amazing. Simply fucking amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps they should've made it BETTER instead of just removing it.
    Shit like anti-poison/diseases or an melee-range out of combat res (and make the eng one a b-res), perhaps?

But hey, this is Blizztard we're talking about, we all know they only remove stuff these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

They changed gears, pretty much every class has some sort of healing mechanism, so, adios First aid...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    @WintersLegion

This is just false Information dude.

Bandages were super useful in expansions like tbc, wrath, cata and even in MoP. People would regularly use them, mainly in Arenas, but also often in dungeons and Raids.
    TBC sure, and that's for PvP / solo play only. Bandages in WotLK or later though? Looooool.

Nobody used them in PvE past Classic either.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2019-04-05 at 10:19 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    ... Warriors technically shouldn't be able to heal or self-heal... at all. They're warriors, not paladins.
    We're so far past this that it's fucking hilarious of you to even bring it up.

EVERY class (except mage) had had some form of self-heals ever since Cata or so.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Nobody used them in PvE past Classic either.
    I used them to solo that healing encounter in ICC. Probably also was useful on Tsulong if you didn't burn it on the first phase, it will be Leslong that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though