is it me or damage is out of control? this feels worse than wotlk

I played as healer up to 2k on legion and the damage is not comparable at all, now it feels like without cds I can't do shit, I'm playing a pala and I still have the slow paced/timid mindset of legion but now I don't even have the time to press holy avenger and my dps is dead, they can literally burst down one within 1-2 ccs which is even crazier than wotlk, I lost many games because I though I can heal through this without cds, in fact, even if I'm not cced, I still can't heal this easily.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2018-09-11 at 04:24 PM.

There's a few problems, first is the dampening. It starts at roughly -20% healing at the start of the match. It's very noticeable just by itself but it increases over time. It gets to a point where topping your buddy becomes almost impossible without CDs.

The second problem is that you're playing a hpala, the throughput is very low, our sustained dps is very low. They have tiny dps windows where they can burst. In contrast, healers like disc priests sometimes deal comparable damage to their dps buddy. This is insane.

The third problem is that some classes are incredibly bursty, without defensive cds, there's windows where killing someone in 2-3 seconds is very feasible. This can only be done with the help of the healer though, refer to point 2 to see that disc priests at the moment are broken in 2vs2.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    There's a few problems, first is the dampening. It starts at roughly -20% healing at the start of the match. It's very noticeable just by itself but it increases over time. It gets to a point where topping your buddy becomes almost impossible without CDs.

The second problem is that you're playing a hpala, the throughput is very low, our sustained dps is very low. They have tiny dps windows where they can burst. In contrast, healers like disc priests sometimes deal comparable damage to their dps buddy. This is insane.

The third problem is that some classes are incredibly bursty, without defensive cds, there's windows where killing someone in 2-3 seconds is very feasible. This can only be done with the help of the healer though, refer to point 2 to see that disc priests at the moment are broken in 2vs2.
    So the game is ultra aggressive now? pop cds and pray?