I made a mistake

To keep this as short as possible: i just came back to the game after 8 months absence. I mistook one of my characters for another one of my characters. Similar name, similar look, same class. I logged in on the wrong one, and made a dialogue decision i wanted to make on the other one. This basically destroyed several dozen hours of playtime, as i made the second character specifically to make different choices than with the first one.
    Am i shit out of luck, or is there any chance that if i contact customer service, they will roll back my quest progress a couple of hours?

Sadly in that situation you are out of luck from what I know.

Bioware customer service could bring back a deleted character but they cannot undo decisions you make in the story. I put in a ticket long ago for something very similar and CS told me that information.

So, unless something has changed on biowares end for what they can do. You are stuck with that decision. You could still put in a ticket just to see as all they could tell you, "Sorry. There is nothing we can do about that." However, from personal experience, I highly doubt they have changed anything to allow them to remove decisions you make in game.
    Last edited by quras; 2018-09-17 at 03:35 PM.

As @quras already stated, I doubt CS will do anything, I'm not sure they'd even be able to even if they wanted to depending on how character data is stored and saved.

Out of curiosity, what character class and gender are you playing? I've played all of the stories multiple times so maybe we could let you know if your decision is going to be a big deal or not going forward. Very few decisions have far reaching consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    As @quras already stated, I doubt CS will do anything, I'm not sure they'd even be able to even if they wanted to depending on how character data is stored and saved.

Out of curiosity, what character class and gender are you playing? I've played all of the stories multiple times so maybe we could let you know if your decision is going to be a big deal or not going forward. Very few decisions have far reaching consequences.
    Ah, i already know it won't have any significant consequences. It was only a romance decision, but it was kinda important to me. Well, thank you and @quras for your answers.

I sense a great disturbance in the Force, as if dozens of hours of playtime were just rendered meaningless by one accidental romance choice.

FFFFFFFF

Deleted
    Dont worry about it son! faith in you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, i thought that nowbody playing this game right now =)

Quote Originally Posted by Marokk1oko View Post
    Oh god, i thought that nowbody playing this game right now =)
    Not a lot outside of prime time but during that time you can get things done.

However, there is no doubt in my mind swtor is suffering when it comes to the number of gamers it has. bioware simply doesn't create anywhere near enough content for an MMO, they rely on years and years old content to be replayed and the little new content they do put out (which is very little) has terrible repeatability.

It's not in good shape but during prime times it's not dead yet. If you cannot play during prime times, then either be a solo loving game player in an MMO or consider another game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    To keep this as short as possible: i just came back to the game after 8 months absence. I mistook one of my characters for another one of my characters. Similar name, similar look, same class. I logged in on the wrong one, and made a dialogue decision i wanted to make on the other one. This basically destroyed several dozen hours of playtime, as i made the second character specifically to make different choices than with the first one.
    Am i shit out of luck, or is there any chance that if i contact customer service, they will roll back my quest progress a couple of hours?
    If it's a class story quest, there *might* be a possibility to reset the quest. I managed to do that once, and it rolled so far back that I had to start the planet again from my ship's holo console. But I was still in the very early stages of the planet's quests, so no promises.