Page 1 of 2
LastLast

someone told me CC isn't as bad now

worst joke 2k18

Does anyone else actually feel that way? Because holy shit dude you can trinket a 6s root, get rooted again for 2s, and then get rooted for another 2s. Just got out of a game where I was stunned, trinketed, charged, got blinded, charged, got incapacitated, BR'd and then instantly got put in a full 6s stun. Hell one game I spent 80% of my life stunned and the other 20% of it disarmed.

Do DRs actually even fucking exist in this game? I don't think CC has ever been worse than it is now.

trinket root, nice
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    trinket root, nice
    If you have no personal or incoming despells and you need to get unrooted, then yeah, you'd trinket root. Are you really stupid or something?

Anyways, yeah, this game's CC is a giant fucking mess with no rhyme or reason. It's really bad in rated arenas but it's absolutely intolerable in non-instanced pvp, like holy fucking shit. There's no balance in anything, melee are way too powerful and heals are way too powerful and mobility is way too powerful to CC is way too powerful in some pathetic attempt to compensate. It's just bad design, anyone arguing otherwise is either concern trolling or just trying to be a self-righteous asshole.

You're an arms warrior, you have it better than most.

trinket root, nice
    so you're telling me that if you're a Warrior and Avatar and Bladestorm are on CD and you get put in an 8s root, you are going to sit there and watch the enemy take the objective, just let them force powerful CDs out of your teammate uncontested and wait patiently for them to come back and kick your shit in instead of trinketing the root?

what a shitty teammate

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    You're an arms warrior, you have it better than most.
    when your slow requires you to be in melee range but you have no movement speed increase and it only slows for 50% so people can just slow you with a better slow or literally cc you for 1s and walk inside the deadzone range of charge which also happens to be out of melee range, but you "have it better than most"

who is most? rogues? lmao

It was the worst in MoP. Silences, long stuns, AoE stuns, AoE fears, AoE disarms, gouges, sheeps, 70% slows, etc.

I mean in WoD they dialed back the AoE CC and then mass AoE CC started to show up again in Legion. So AoE CC was pruned/nerfed from Legion heading into BFA.

Slows in BFA are nerfed compared to any other expansion while roots are up to help casters counter melee uptime which has been at an all time high through Legion/BFA. The last time melee uptime was lower was end of WotLK/Cata. Not surprisingly when casters are strongest that is when Rogues are also strongest (not always true but mostly true).

Right now all melee run roughshod all over most casters so yeah roots are strong now. But they are a mere annoyance compared to Cata with roots, disarms and slows that melee had to contend with.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeh View Post
    so you're telling me that if you're a Warrior and Avatar and Bladestorm are on CD and you get put in an 8s root, you are going to sit there and watch the enemy take the objective, just let them force powerful CDs out of your teammate uncontested and wait patiently for them to come back and kick your shit in instead of trinketing the root?

what a shitty teammate

when your slow requires you to be in melee range but you have no movement speed increase and it only slows for 50% so people can just slow you with a better slow or literally cc you for 1s and walk inside the deadzone range of charge which also happens to be out of melee range, but you "have it better than most"

Mate, if you're struggling this much as an Arms warrior then 1200 rating is just your cup of tea.

what a shitty teammate

If you are going to immediately get CC'ed by an worse CC, then yes, you eat the root and yell at your team mate for not getting closer to you so you can attack even rooted.

I really don't understand people crying about CC they can't avoid, if you could avoid all the CCs, there would be no need for them to be added. If blade strom and avatar are on CD is because you have already got away from 2 CCs, at some point you need to start eating them.

As a warrior you have Blade Storm, Avatar, Fear break, Spell reflection, plus the ability to have some racials (such as gnome) and you have a lot of gap closers (charge, leap, talented execute). BTW, in case you don't know, a lot of slows have been nerfed to 20%, warrior's didn't.

This is the expansion that is the hardest to control a warrior, so stop crying. There is a reason why warriors are the best DPS in arenas right now, seriously, go learn how to play you class instead of crying in the forums.

BTW, if you think this is bad, you have not played MoP.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    It was the worst in MoP.
    whattttt no way lol

i mean yea 1v1ing a hunter as a warrior u were basically committing suicide because all you could do was put all their CC on all their cooldowns and the second they were vulnerable they would just be immune to all damage.... but at least u got to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    BTW, if you think this is bad, you have not played MoP.
    that's weird because i pretty distinctly remember doing nothing all game long until i got enough stacks of taste for blood to one shot people with in 2s and second wind getting nerfed because PvErs whining they couldn't kill warriors with their maximum theroretical dps rotation even though the game isn't balanced around 1v1 and you should need teammates to win every fight

well i mean that's what everyone says when a warrior player complains but somehow that isn't the case when the tables are turned

also things like "you're trash" etc. when these people didn't even get to 1500 before getting 100 wins. and honestly blizzard can suck my dick and just remove spell reflection from the game at this point because the only caster i am ever worried about are mages so it's not really worth dropping another pvp talent for spell reflect because if you lost to a team with a frost mage on it you were going to lose to it anyway. like how astronomically bad of a fuckup would you have to make as a frost mage to lose to a warrior over a spell reflection? you can't even kill yourself with nitro boosts in arena so it would have to be pretty bad

why don't you do me a favor and try playing against resto druid & mage/hunter as a warrior instead of trying to talk shit ya world wide winner
    Last edited by nyeh; 2018-09-12 at 11:40 AM.

whattttt no way lol

i mean yea 1v1ing a hunter as a warrior u were basically committing suicide because all you could do was put all their CC on all their cooldowns and the second they were vulnerable they would just be immune to all damage.... but at least u got to play the game.

that's weird because i pretty distinctly remember doing nothing all game long until i got enough stacks of taste for blood to one shot people with in 2s and second wind getting nerfed because PvErs whining they couldn't kill warriors with their maximum theroretical dps rotation even though the game isn't balanced around 1v1 and you should need teammates to win every fight

well i mean that's what everyone says when a warrior player complains but somehow that isn't the case when the tables are turned

also things like "you're trash" etc. when these people didn't even get to 1500 before getting 100 wins. and honestly blizzard can suck my dick and just remove spell reflection from the game at this point because the only caster i am ever worried about are mages so it's not really worth dropping another pvp talent for spell reflect because if you lost to a team with a frost mage on it you were going to lose to it anyway. like how astronomically bad of a fuckup would you have to make as a frost mage to lose to a warrior over a spell reflection? you can't even kill yourself with nitro boosts in arena so it would have to be pretty bad

why don't you do me a favor and try playing against resto druid & mage/hunter as a warrior instead of trying to talk shit ya world wide winner
    Been a Duelist here, so I am not sure who you are talking about 1500 MMR and 100 wins in arena.

Mop had tens of instant cast CC and lots of different categories of CC that are no longer in game now. For example, cyclone and horrors were in their own DRs, there were 2 different DRs for roots, stuns and disorients.

Also, during MoP warriors were only not OP on the second season. In the last season there were more warriors than ALL the other melees combined.

As of now, warriors have the highest representation of all the melees at 14.3%, the next melee being rogues, at 8.5%. Considering mages, hunters and druids all have a nice representation as well, I would say those warriors must be winning against them.

It appears to me that you think that a talent/ability should give you immunity to CCs and that is not how things work, reflecting the right spell is what give a win, not mindlessly pressing the button and expecting to have it up again when you need it next time.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

10+ Year Old Account
    A melee has to sit in CC? What a shocker. Good thing that you can't be interrupted or silenced and disarms aren't that common, right? Being able (finally) to reliably lock melee down with CC is crucial for this game, you can't have ridiculous amount of uptime on targets
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Not everyone plays a paladin or druid.
    Truth, but playing warrior with a class that can dispell is recommended and not new.

Also, this is not new at all. Roots have been in the game for ages.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Deleted
    Well somebody once told me the Horde is gonna roll me, I ain't the most skilled pvp-er in the bg.

Shoulda spell reflected.

Deleted
    Wotlk was arguably also one of the worst seasons, with fmages stacking haste like no tomorrow and having 0.8s cast time polymorphs.
    Last edited by mmoc1647189497; 2018-09-12 at 03:47 PM.

cc is indeed out of control. a rmd team can keep you in cc all game and there is not much you can do. spamable cc need all to share diminishing returns and immunity after second time.

trinket root, nice
    Alright I'll just stand there and watch them take an objective or maim my teammate then

As of now, warriors have the highest representation of all the melees at 14.3%, the next melee being rogues, at 8.5%. Considering mages, hunters and druids all have a nice representation as well, I would say those warriors must be winning against them.
    that really has nothing to do with a class being designed like dogshit

It appears to me that you think that a talent/ability should give you immunity to CCs and that is not how things work, reflecting the right spell is what give a win, not mindlessly pressing the button and expecting to have it up again when you need it next time.
    and it appears to me that you have a reading comprehension problem

spell reflect is a high skill ability that is only useful some of the time. why would you drop pvp talents that are useful all of the time for something that maybe might be useful some of the time? why would you pick an ability that actively makes you weaker if it cannot make a big enough difference when used to make up for the loss of the other talent?

i will not talent spell reflect unless i am doing 3s because that is literally the only place in the game where it is useful. it's pretty bad design to take an ability that can be juked/outplayed and make it a talent. as it stands, pummel has a similar skill dynamic to spell reflection but pummel is way more powerful because it's not garbage. it also makes the talent very difficult to get value out of for people who don't know how to use it because they don't know what to use it on or where to use it.

for example, i can spell reflect cyclone vs mage/resto druid, but it won't matter because i will just get kited when i swap. i can spell reflect polymorph, but it will just heal the mage to full and the druid has enough self sufficiency to keep me busy for 8 seconds.

so it doesn't matter because it never mattered and you were going to lose anyway. you even manage to get a mage close to death in this comp and they pull out their second life with the ice block. it's literally that kiddie pool bullshit that's a waste of everyone's time. you don't even get anything for almost winning, all you get is a waste of time. so play the game for 5 minutes to see if anyone is retarded and leave if you haven't won by then.

and that is shit game design.

PvP is a mess.

It kind of reminds me when mirror image was first added and those fuckers would spam non-DRing sheep on you for their duration, that is to say, incredibly frustrating.

feels bad when crowd control has never been more pruned + melee uptime vs casters has never been higher, but wod and legion babies still cry endlessly about cc