Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Moonblade View Post
    Horde babies every time an alliance has a perfectly valid point about how we CONSTANTLY get fucked is "taking the game too seriously".

If the dev shit on you and your sub fee then you'd be upset, but no since you are in the baby faction that has to get their bottle alliance players who are sick of this shit are "taking the game too seriously".

Are you trolling or are you legitimately saying this shit?

- - - Updated - - -

The inescapable FACT is that should this change have been made or not, it should have been made AFTER A FULL CYCLE. If they were stupid and broke their gearing them it needs to be broken evenly for both sides. Not only does this tilt everything EVEN FURTHER in favor of Horde both in PvP and raiding.
    PvP, maybe. Slightly. Competitive raiding though? Not even a little bit.

I don't know if simply making warfronts an ilv issue really solves anything. But ok. I will go with it. However, I have a few of you posting that Silvermoon should be the next warfront. Can we please stop doing that.. There are two perfectly unused areas that back in 2010 people were dying to go back to. Gilneas and the lost isle. They need to make those a warfront.

- - - Updated - - -

No more silvermoon talk plz

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    And really that's how it should be. We're a month into the xpack. I'm all about catch-up mechanics but early on, you should have to take your lumps and grind a bit to get your blues and then purples.

The first problem is that Warfronts were just too lucrative and made you skip the entire early gear curve. Guaranteed 340 gear for a 20, max 30 minute scenario even easier than the weekly-locked LFR is insanity this early in the expansion. The second problem of course, was the Horde exclusivity which even as a Horde player I can say is just bullshit. The third problem is the guaranteed gear. That should be handled with some parsimony, not thrown at players for half AFKing through a scenario they can't lose. The ilvl 320 requirement is a band-aid that fixes some of issue 1 but exacerbates issue 2 while not really touching issue 3.

The feature is just terribly designed from the get go. It should have been active for both factions at once, and the rewards should have been the free 370 and then mostly cosmetic stuff. Have them drop catch-up gear later in the expansion to keep them relevant.
    True. Right now, the only path for Alliance is to either go through lowbie dungeons (which can have long queue times), just buy BoE epics to boost ilvl (very expensive) or WQs (very slow). Heck, just to test it, I went on my Demon Hunter right now, which is 302 ilvl. It has the following WQ rewards available:
    1 weapon at 300, downgrade.
    2 pants at 295 and 300, downgrades.
    1 head at 295, equal ilvl
    1 azerite piece wq at 295, equal or downgrade
    1 gloves at 310 from dungeon wq
    3 bracers, 2 at 305, 1 at 300, all downgrades
    1 shoulders 295, downgrade
    1 boots at 305, upgrade (by 5)

So, in this wq cycle, I have 11 gear wqs, with only one giving an upgrade before warforge. And this is a day with comparatively many gear wqs. People who say you can get there in a day with only wqs are just plain wrong - or they got enough super high level pieces to get their average up. If you gear with only wqs, it takes a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    True. Right now, the only path for Alliance is to either go through lowbie dungeons (which can have long queue times), just buy BoE epics to boost ilvl (very expensive) or WQs (very slow). Heck, just to test it, I went on my Demon Hunter right now, which is 302 ilvl. It has the following WQ rewards available:

So, in this wq cycle, I have 11 gear wqs, with only one giving an upgrade before warforge. And this is a day with comparatively many gear wqs. People who say you can get there in a day with only wqs are just plain wrong - or they got enough super high level pieces to get their average up. If you gear with only wqs, it takes a long time.
    Dinged 120 on monday, was 320 on tuesday, 335 today (barely played since tuesday).

Doomhowl, 2 world bosses, several 315+ WQs, the guaranteed 340 from arathi quests + 2 from rare mobs, and then I bought a 350 trinket.

There is no tedium in getting up to 305 as alliance and from there just spam heroics for like 4-5 runs and you should be around the 325 needed for mythic0.

Non-issue really.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Dinged 120 on monday, was 320 on tuesday, 335 today (barely played since tuesday).

Doomhowl, 2 world bosses, several 315+ WQs, the guaranteed 340 from arathi quests + 2 from rare mobs, and then I bought a 350 trinket.

There is no tedium in getting up to 305 as alliance and from there just spam heroics for like 4-5 runs and you should be around the 325 needed for mythic0.

Non-issue really.
    See, that is the point. you talk about multiple 315+ WQs, as if they always offer that straight from dinging, but you actually need to get those 340s from arathi and the 350 trinket to unlock that. My DH got one 340 from Arathi, then the guaranteed item in the same slot, and nothing from world bosses. Even if I bought a 350 trinket, she would still far short of hc tbh.
    The same with "go from 305 to 325 in 4-5 runs" - that requires a lot of luck.

Again, not saying it is impossible. But framing good luck as something deterministic just ticks me off:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    And why is that? Is your game impacted so severely by someone else having a lucky break?

Jeez.
    Just saying that early access to a world boss doesn't matter when comparing evidence of faction bias, because of the extremely low drop chances.
    The warfront gear spam however IS valid evidence because they're guaranteed, spammable, and only ONE faction was allowed to access them with no restrictions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    That is not true, you get ilvl 340 gear from doing the quests in arathi. I got a couple of 7th legion guy just by questing there.
    I've never seen regular WQ offer 340 unless it's a dungeon quest or emissary reward.

Does one need to be 360+ to see them then? Because the max I see at 345 are WQ for 330 gear barring emissary rewards and dungeon quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    No we hadn´t for fuckings sake.

Warfronts only opend up for the Horde not the Alliance.

Get your shit right ffs.
    Honest mistake. I haven't maxed my Alliance toons yet so I didn't know. No need to be rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post

Didnt your DH got 340 weapons from emissary??

Aside from that. Yeah, getting 320 is very trivial dude. Ran a couple of normal dungeons or heroics to boost your average and you can get an extra piece when you get to the end boss this week. Alternatively you can just spam bgs that have a chance for 330s. After you do that. Log out, log back in and check if you have any upgrades in WQs. Thats how I got my dh to 322.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust Trader Mittens View Post
    Didnt your DH got 340 weapons from emissary??

Aside from that. Yeah, getting 320 is very trivial dude. Ran a couple of normal dungeons or heroics to boost your average and you can get an extra piece when you get to the end boss this week. Alternatively you can just spam bgs that have a chance for 330s. After you do that. Log out, log back in and check if you have any upgrades in WQs. Thats how I got my dh to 322.
    Emissary weapon? Those are tied to your average ilvl, too, so not sure how one would get to 340 as an outlier.

Anyway, the point I was making was not that getting to 320 is hard. The point was that saying 'you can just get to 320 by buying some stuff and doing WQ' is wrong. One needs to run dungeons, which is subject to both RNG and queue time. Given the 90th percentile, that means some people take quite a long time to gear up. It is trivial if you are lucky enough. Others can spend hours without making any progress due to bad rng. 'tis just the nature of the game these days.