BFA Two Holy Pallys Beacon and Aura question

Two Pallys, we need the devo and it sucks they can't run mercy. But I'm open to someone else's ideas. Beacon of faith with a 30% reduction or just one beacon per tank, per holy pally at 100 percent of 40%?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe what i should have said was ~ We have tanks getting spiked. One dru and a Pally. We have 2 holy pallys , shaman, a priest and a resto dru. We run 4/5 healer set up. What's the best way to maximize our holy pallys? Of course I'm talking Auras and beacons here. I prefer devo for progression even though the non aura doesn't stack

I don't know the answer. But I would love to hear it from someone as I plan to run triple pala 3vs3. I'm looking for some nasty composition and those PvE thoughts could give me some ideas

I would go with both of them using Divine Purpose (which means a single strong beacon per Holy Paladin) and one Aura of Devotion and Aura of Mercy :3
    For the Glory of Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by Jstreet View Post
    Two Pallys, we need the devo and it sucks they can't run mercy. But I'm open to someone else's ideas. Beacon of faith with a 30% reduction or just one beacon per tank, per holy pally at 100 percent of 40%?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe what i should have said was ~ We have tanks getting spiked. One dru and a Pally. We have 2 holy pallys , shaman, a priest and a resto dru. We run 4/5 healer set up. What's the best way to maximize our holy pallys? Of course I'm talking Auras and beacons here. I prefer devo for progression even though the non aura doesn't stack
    Do you have logs we can look at?

it shouldn't matter what talents your paladins run, with 2 of them tanks should be fine. If they aren't there's probably something else going on, and logs would help find it.

Deleted
    Don't forget Devo has a very steep 10 yard range requ for the passive. So even with 2 devos, one pala can stick with the tanks and one with the ranged. Secondly, Aura of Mercy sucks because Aura Mastery with Mercy sucks. With Devo you practically get 16seconds of 20% dmg reduction on a ~3m cd which is extremely good.

2 Holy palas should be fine. Not as optimal since you won't be topping the raid easily but at least the tanks should always be healthy. With 2x Beacons on each tank, they should require minimal to no direct heal.

Devo is still the best aura, no matter how many holy pallys you have. I don't know how it stacks but the aura range is so poor anyways, just take the damage reduction and make sure to time the CDs between yourselves. As for the beacons, I can see DP being a viable option between you 2. Faith may have almost a 20% more effective healing than a single beacon but it could be overkill with 2 paladins and raid healing would be a bigger concern. Do note that if both of you are running DP with BoL on each tank, any of you dieing will put their targeted tank at a higher risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    I don't know the answer. But I would love to hear it from someone as I plan to run triple pala 3vs3. I'm looking for some nasty composition and those PvE thoughts could give me some ideas
    For 3s, I'm seeing DP as the go to talent. Holy paladins are not in the best spot for PvP atm and need such procs and crits to compete with damage burst.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Goddess View Post
    I would go with both of them using Divine Purpose (which means a single strong beacon per Holy Paladin) and one Aura of Devotion and Aura of Mercy :3
    This. Totally this

Deleted
    Two paladins with Beacon of Faith will stack just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    This. Totally this
    For anything mythic related, you’d want 2x devo. DR is almost always better than throughput and considering how bad mercy actually is in relation to what’s needed at the given time your cd is called for, having 20% DR is much much better. When your CD order is up, mercy will do next to nothing and will generally not prevent any deaths when it’s needed the most, meanwhile devo will.

Also, beacon of faith stacks, so you’d want both pallies to run with Faith on 7/8 fights. Again this is aimed towards mythic as tank damage is very heavy.

Faith smoothes out tank damage especially with 2 hpals (probably the only benefit or one of the only benefits of bringing 2) so you’d definitely opt for this option.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-09-17 at 09:11 PM.

Beacon:

Beacon of Faith is still better with 2 paladins, each paladin placing a beacon on both tanks. So long as tanks are taking a decent amount of damage. It depends on the fight.
    Some fights you can get away with Divine Purpose, especially ones where only one tank is actively receiving your beacon heals like MOTHER

I wouldn't use Divine Purpose for 2 active tanks though, and have 1 beacon per tank, the healing from Faith is going to always net higher HPS when healing the raid, even with 2 paladins.

Aura:

One can run Devo and one can run Mercy, although it is important to note that Devo can stack for aura mastery (not the passive though), I think it's up to 36% (just checked for accuracy, it is 36%). Mercy is just a pad heal and effectively doesn't do anything life saving until you use Aura Mastery, then it's basically a Priest Hymn. So it comes down to if you want an extra damage reduction CD or a decent healing CD for the 2nd paladin aura.
    Last edited by meroko; 2018-09-17 at 09:15 PM.