Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    And if he would have drawn Serena in baby clothes with a pacifier in her mouth, that wouldn't be a problem.

That isn't what he did here.
    Sure. The current "everything is racist against Mistress Serena" tide says your statement is a load of bullshit. People were bitching about racism when it was calling her a small, entitled child.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    There’s literally a pacifier on the ground.

And she clearly isn't drawn as a baby. She's clearly being drawn as an ape.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if he would have drawn Serena in baby clothes with a pacifier in her mouth, that wouldn't be a problem.

That isn't what he did here.
    There is literally a pacifier on the ground next to her. . .

Can you honestly not see that she is stomping on the ground just like any 5 year old would do when they too are throwing a tantrum? Seriously have you never seen children act before?
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

Quote Originally Posted by shifu View Post

Can you honestly not see that she is stomping on the ground just like any 5 year old would do when they too are throwing a tantrum? Seriously have you never seen children act before?
    And again, she isn't being drawn as a child.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Sure. The current "everything is racist against Mistress Serena" tide says your statement is a load of bullshit. People were bitching about racism when it was calling her a small, entitled child.
    Nice strawman. No one is saying that "everything is racist" however we should be honest when there's clear racism being displayed.

15+ Year Old Account
    As I mentioned in her meltdown thread, black people are overly sensitive when a white person is criticizing a black person. They are pretty quick to pull out the racist card.

Quote Originally Posted by shifu View Post

Let’s say it isn’t racist let’s say it is just a caricature. Are you going to deny that the caricature looks very similar to racist cartoons blacks were used to in the Jim Crow era?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Nice strawman. No one is saying that "everything is racist" however we should be honest when there's clear racism being displayed.

Even if it wasn’t racist the fact none of these people here can empathize with why blacks would find something racist when it looks like a 50s cartoon is the most pathetic part.

And she clearly isn't drawn as a baby. She's clearly being drawn as an ape.
    How is she being drawn as an ape?

- - - Updated - - -

Except you are part of it. Why else is depicting a woman who acted like a small child in the face of defeat as a child immediately racist?

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    So I came across this article:

I don't think that the picture was racist myself, the artist obviously wasn't making a statement about the colour of her skin, he was clearly mocking her poor behaviour.

In the article Charlotte says "But you can't apply the same caricaturing that you apply to other famous people to a black sportswoman", I disagree with this statement, this is basically saying if you use the rules for caricaturing a black female that you do for everyone else they will be offended. She is saying that black women need special treatment in this regard otherwise they will cry racism.

I have always seen racism as a hatred or prejudice of different ethnicities, but this cartoon does not seem any more hateful or more prejudice than any other artists caricatures of any other person.

Do you think the picture was racist? Do you agree with the cartoonists opinions?
    I guess she doesn't understand Caricatures.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I guess she doesn't understand Caricatures.
    You’re a trump support empathy and deep thinking are things you simply can’t do.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    How is she being drawn as an ape?
    Look at her face, head shape, and her body.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    An Australian drawing a caricature of a black person.

I'm guessing it wasn't racist in the slightest. Honest.
    Yes because the Australians certainly have no history of black racism.

World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Except you are part of it. Why else is depicting a woman who acted like a small child in the face of defeat as a child immediately racist?
    If your goal is to draw a woman acting like a small child, why wouldn't you draw her as a small child instead of an oversized beast stamping the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Yes because the Australians certainly have no history of black racism.
    #PoeStrikesAgain
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

If your goal is to draw a woman acting like a small child, why wouldn't you draw her as a small child instead of an oversized beast stamping the ground?
    So far, you're the only person calling her an ape or a beast while everyone calls her a baby or a child having a tantrum.

Maybe you should look in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Not sure about the head shape thing, but Serena does have large lips and a more masculine, V-Shaped body in irl, which got exaggerated more in the cartoon, like caricatures do.
    Yeah, the head is pear-shaped, which is common among larger apes. Her lips in real life are thick, not large. However the lips in that caricature are oversized and pink and hanging downwards with the tongue almost sticking out. Her body is also rotund instead of muscular. In the end, it makes her look sub-human.

Not racist. She is ugly and had a tantrum, the cartoon is ugly and having a tantrum. It's the usual black privilege at work. We have to be on so careful not to offend them or else! But they can say whatever they want.

So far, you're the only person calling her an ape or a beast while everyone calls her a baby or a child having a tantrum.

Maybe you should look in the mirror.
    Yes because I'm the only one being honest. She looks nothing like a child or a baby in that picture, and a pacifier lying on the ground doesn't change that.

Yeah, the head is pear-shaped, which is common among larger apes. Her lips in real life are thick, not large. However the lips in that caricature are oversized and pink and hanging downwards with the tongue almost sticking out. Her body is also rotund instead of muscular. In the end, it makes her look sub-human.

What also stands out to me is that Osaka is so white washed.

Look at her face, head shape, and her body.
    Sorry, but I dont see any classic ape features used in political cartoons of others. Its a caricature, it isnt a portrait, so some features are over exaggerated. Look at the political cartoons of Bush, Obama, Clinton, Cheney, Putin, Tony Blair. All have monkey features.