Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Do you think that PvE players will complain if PvP gear is BiS for them?

    finally got a chest piece today and when i go to look at it, it has 2 strength procs and uhhhhh that's pretty good compared to a lot of the useless shit i have been seeing on pve gear

    kinda just feel like it's a shitstorm waiting to happen. like they are crying now because they think winning matches is easier than beating raid bosses and that it's raining 365s for anyone that can press W and mouse turn because there is no loot lockout on arenas but i am pretty sure they are going to completely lose their shit once they notice how good it is

  2. #2
    Lot's of people just don't like pvp and I can understand it. I am sure some people will complain, the quantity is more interesting though and I am not too sure how many people will actually complain.

    By the way, your post reads really half-assed. Put some effort in your thread next time.
    Wow expert.
    Maybe it's time to tell people what I think about them.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeh View Post
    finally got a chest piece today and when i go to look at it, it has 2 strength procs and uhhhhh that's pretty good compared to a lot of the useless shit i have been seeing on pve gear

    kinda just feel like it's a shitstorm waiting to happen. like they are crying now because they think winning matches is easier than beating raid bosses and that it's raining 365s for anyone that can press W and mouse turn because there is no loot lockout on arenas but i am pretty sure they are going to completely lose their shit once they notice how good it is
    It affects everyone. Some BiS azerite pieces come from PvP, some from raids, and some from dungeons. This has been known for quite some time, and I have not seen a big uproar over it.

  4. #4
    WoW was never a great PvP game, it is just an extra and would make sense for people to complain if absolute BiS dropped in PvP.
    If it's situational BiS it might be okayish.

    Edit: PvP should have different traits anyway, which work in PvP only. For balance issues.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    WoW was never a great PvP game, it is just an extra and would make sense for people to complain if absolute BiS dropped in PvP.
    If it's situational BiS it might be okayish.

    Edit: PvP should have different traits anyway, which work in PvP only. For balance issues.
    So you want to pve players have traits for both pvr and pvp and pvp players to have traits only for pvp? How is it fair?

    Some ppl dislike pvp some dislike pve but it doesnt mean any of this groups should have harder game. Oh someone dont like pvp? So sad :/ its finally fair that pvp players have access to mythic equal item level.

    This is also best way to bring more players to pvp. Most pve limited players played XX arena games got destroyed at 1200 mmr and said they dont like pvp.

  6. #6
    Legendary! OneWay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Tesseract
    Posts
    6,610
    Not sure about others but I always ventured into PvP if it had chance to increase my gear and my dps. Every proper raider should do it.
    "The Dark Lady chooses her champions well."

  7. #7
    PvP was as good as BiS raid gear for periods of TBC and wotlk. The s6 weapons for 2350 rating were the same as ulduar heroic for example. The tiny minority of hardcore raiders complained but the vast majority of the playerbase were doing arena not raiding so it was no big deal. Raid gear in arena was all people talked about.

    As the playerbase has dramatically shrunk, it seems WoW has only retained the whiny raiders and lost almost everyone else.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    So you want to pve players have traits for both pvr and pvp and pvp players to have traits only for pvp? How is it fair?

    Some ppl dislike pvp some dislike pve but it doesnt mean any of this groups should have harder game. Oh someone dont like pvp? So sad :/ its finally fair that pvp players have access to mythic equal item level.

    This is also best way to bring more players to pvp. Most pve limited players played XX arena games got destroyed at 1200 mmr and said they dont like pvp.
    Come on, half brained person can climb to 1500 easy. Have not actively played PvP and 1700 is quite easy, certainly would say as easy as HC raiding. Going over that becomes harder and harder, which is good.
    Anyway on topic: I wanted PvE traits be BiS for PvE and PvP traits being BiS in PvP. So pve balance issues would not affect pvp and vice versa.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post
    By the way, your post reads really half-assed. Put some effort in your thread next time.
    why are people on the internet always trying to start a fight over nothing

    square up lil nigga it's too late to turn back now

    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    PvP was as good as BiS raid gear for periods of TBC and wotlk. The s6 weapons for 2350 rating were the same as ulduar heroic for example. The tiny minority of hardcore raiders complained but the vast majority of the playerbase were doing arena not raiding so it was no big deal. Raid gear in arena was all people talked about.

    As the playerbase has dramatically shrunk, it seems WoW has only retained the whiny raiders and lost almost everyone else.
    yea i know how it was back then

    if u couldnt get a weapon to drop or didnt want to join a 25m raid guild, you had to pvp for a weapon and me personally i was like whatever cool man

    but people bitching about being forced to do PvP because they might get some gear from pvp. and honestly after 85 games this season i really have to say that the droprate of gear is not that great, i have gotten like 5 or 6 items and only 2 of them were upgrades.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeh View Post
    why are people on the internet always trying to start a fight over nothing

    square up lil nigga it's too late to turn back now



    yea i know how it was back then

    if u couldnt get a weapon to drop or didnt want to join a 25m raid guild, you had to pvp for a weapon and me personally i was like whatever cool man

    but people bitching about being forced to do PvP because they might get some gear from pvp. and honestly after 85 games this season i really have to say that the droprate of gear is not that great, i have gotten like 5 or 6 items and only 2 of them were upgrades.
    I am only pointing out that your posts are badly written. If you get offended from that, then that is not my fault.
    Wow expert.
    Maybe it's time to tell people what I think about them.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post
    I am only pointing out that your posts are badly written. If you get offended from that, then that is not my fault.
    gtfo out of here with that shit moron, grammar nazis are literally the most obnoxious scolds alive and your autistic focus on something no-one notices or cares about adds absolutely nothing of worth to any discussion ever.

    oh, also, your use of tense and syntax are a fucking shambles dude, you write like an incredibly stupid person trying to sound smart, people in glass houses etc.

    @OP yeah they're already calling it mandatory and crying. I've been pugging 3s with a bunch of PvErs and no voicecomms and I'm stuck down at 1600 as a result (2.2k 3v3, 2.8k RBG exp player)
    Last edited by squidbear; 2018-09-13 at 08:25 AM.
    -in 5 man dungeons, Arms Warriors again are the weakest link in the chain as they require 3X amount of healing as other classes and therefore die much more frequently and receive less healing in general, as with the amount of mana spent to keep an Arms Warrior alive the healer can heal all other members and himself.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    gtfo out of here with that shit moron, grammar nazis are literally the most obnoxious scolds alive and your autistic focus on something no-one notices or cares about adds absolutely nothing of worth to any discussion ever.

    oh, also, your use of tense and syntax are a fucking shambles dude, you write like an incredibly stupid person trying to sound smart, people in glass houses etc.
    A shame you can't write one post without attacking someone verbally. Reported you for that.

    I was only stating his posts are annoying to read and kind of distracting.
    Wow expert.
    Maybe it's time to tell people what I think about them.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post
    A shame you can't write one post without attacking someone verbally. Reported you for that.

    I was only stating his posts are annoying to read and kind of distracting.
    report away nerd, you're the anally retentive douchebag making this into a grammar thread for no good reason
    -in 5 man dungeons, Arms Warriors again are the weakest link in the chain as they require 3X amount of healing as other classes and therefore die much more frequently and receive less healing in general, as with the amount of mana spent to keep an Arms Warrior alive the healer can heal all other members and himself.

  14. #14
    PvE players will always complain if you make them PvP. Back in MoP we had to complete one BG and it made people rage all xpac.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    report away
    Already did
    Wow expert.
    Maybe it's time to tell people what I think about them.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    WoW was never a great PvP game, it is just an extra and would make sense for people to complain if absolute BiS dropped in PvP.
    If it's situational BiS it might be okayish.

    Edit: PvP should have different traits anyway, which work in PvP only. For balance issues.
    Wow was always a great pvp game. Griefers and gankers got legendary status in their realms great pvpers became famous and when blizzard said "esport" for many years that meant ARENA.

    Also, "situational bis" would drive the hardcore raiders crazy. I have seen hardcore raiders to do a lot more for a lot less than a "situational bis".

    Finally and I don't know how you came up with that, we do have different traits only available for pvp for balance issues.

  17. #17
    I for sure will, WoW's CC-oriented PvP has never rang well with me.
    If the most engaging way you could come up with to kill another player is making that player unable to act you're not terribly inventive, I've wanted a system built around active dodge/parry/counter or what have you mechanics for ages rather than focus target poly into blind into fear on their healer and burst their DPS in the time window.

    Our 3v3 is sat at like 1200 personal rating, I got myself a 370 trinket last night, it made me realize how much better off I'd be gearing through Arenas if only I had the mental fortitude of being bulldozed 80% of my games by a train of melees for those far and inbetween wins. I'm a PvE-hero at heart, and I really miss the old model for PvP gear where it was proper unattainable for me.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeh View Post
    finally got a chest piece today and when i go to look at it, it has 2 strength procs and uhhhhh that's pretty good compared to a lot of the useless shit i have been seeing on pve gear

    kinda just feel like it's a shitstorm waiting to happen. like they are crying now because they think winning matches is easier than beating raid bosses and that it's raining 365s for anyone that can press W and mouse turn because there is no loot lockout on arenas but i am pretty sure they are going to completely lose their shit once they notice how good it is
    Of course some will, just like some PvP players used to complain when BiS PvP items came from raids. Blizzard have rarely come close to getting this right and some people are always going to be disappointed with how loot distribution has been implemented. I don't think this is going to cause a great furore though.

  19. #19
    I've always felt the two should be split... I quite like the PvP resilience system.

    Would you not find it frustrating if your bis gear came from Mythic raids? Being required to play a part of the game at such a high level in order to be able to play the other part of a game at a high level is kind of ridiculous.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    I've always felt the two should be split... I quite like the PvP resilience system.

    Would you not find it frustrating if your bis gear came from Mythic raids? Being required to play a part of the game at such a high level in order to be able to play the other part of a game at a high level is kind of ridiculous.
    Thats how it is now. You have to raid and grind high m+ to gear for pvp.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •