Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[LS4E4] A Star To Guide Us Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7wEUkWGInY
    The trailer has been leaked ! A new raid wing and a new legendary weapon (scepter) will also be announced named Xiuquatl

- - - Updated - - -

Suffix to say i do recall doing a brief study on the possible meaning of Tequatl as it sort of adopted the Nahuatl lexicon, in the case of Tequatl it both mixed the -Koatl sufix, which implies the word "Snake" or if needed the suffix atl can imply water, whilst tecuani can be referred to "Posionous".

Whilst the scepter seems to take inspiration on the Koatl suffix and from what ive read Xiu would imply age or year, maybe year of the snake considering aurene is involved as a dragon? Looking at the pic, the charr shows up with the pet snake, so it might fit
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

OK, so we are skipping the whole Order of Shadows arc and going straight to Kralkatorrik. It seems like next episode will be last in S4.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

I'm curious about this upgradable armor and the new player instance thingy. Oh well, at least we won't have to wait too long!

Yeah, I'm wondering about the instance. I've given up on the new Legendaries since they require game modes I don't play, and the new Mastery doesn't really matter to me.

If the upgradeable armor requires ALL the achievements, probably won't bother with it either.

I'm actually on vacation last week of September, so if nothing else turns up, guess I'll be here.

Hell, I never got my guild hall either, a friend was going to hire some folks to supplement our numbers and she left because pvp pissed her off.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    the personal instance sounds nice and all, but i'd just wish it wasn't another desert temple type of deal. we already have two guild halls like that as well. i guess it fits the current theme but desert stuff has never really appealed to me.

wonder what the chances are of more of these types of instances becoming a thing later on

That's one ugly ass armor I would never wear.. It would actually be hard not to look down on someone wearing that tbh. But to each their own.. Won't judge

Just as a by the way... just because other people post something before ArenaNet puts up a post doesn't mean it's a leak. The first hint that it wasn't a leak is the link for the video was the official GW2 channel. It isn't unusual for them to give outlets/partners a press release and let them post the news before they put it up on the website, which is what happened yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    OK, so we are skipping the whole Order of Shadows arc and going straight to Kralkatorrik. It seems like next episode will be last in S4.
    Penultimate I think.

Joko dead. Trying to get Aurene to fill the power vacuum. New raid which looks like it has some water elements. They also took the time to revamp underskills so I'm guessing they're going to introduce the water dragon soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm curious about this upgradable armor and the new player instance thingy. Oh well, at least we won't have to wait too long!
    The upgradeable armor will probably be similar to what PVP and WvW where you get an exotic set that you can make into a shinier ascended version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    the personal instance sounds nice and all, but i'd just wish it wasn't another desert temple type of deal. we already have two guild halls like that as well. i guess it fits the current theme but desert stuff has never really appealed to me.

wonder what the chances are of more of these types of instances becoming a thing later on
    Technically, you already have 4 of them. I hope whatever functionality they roll into the new one is applied to the old ones.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I think it will be very attractive

This personal instance seems as pointless as your home ones. Some collections, sure, but who the heck cares? I was hoping I could use some of the guild-hall decorations or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last episode and the trailer kept me from getting my hopes up but I really liked the story for this episode. Really liking the stuff outside of the story to.

The instance is pointless if your looking for another home instance/guild hall full of nodes. I'm liking filling it the stuff from collections though, reminds me of the home instances before nodes. Makes the game feel more alive. Also there's no reason for the Commander to not have had a base at this point, long time coming.

Killing dragons and gods but still don't have a base of operations to call your own?

The final cutscene makes me wish ArenaNet had the resources to really do more with their tech. This game has gone from models talking on backdrop, to stylized storyboards, to what we got in this episode.

I'm playing WoW right now too and me question some of Blizzards production value with a budget that dwarfs Anet (except cutscenes, no one can beat Blizzard's cutscenes).

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The last episode and the trailer kept me from getting my hopes up but I really liked the story for this episode. Really liking the stuff outside of the story to.

The instance is pointless if your looking for another home instance/guild hall full of nodes. I'm liking filling it the stuff from collections though, reminds me of the home instances before nodes. Makes the game feel more alive. Also there's no reason for the Commander to not have had a base at this point, long time coming.

Killing dragons and gods but still don't have a base of operations to call your own?
    Now, a castle, that would have been cool.
    A hole in the ground that I can't actually customize? Meh.

The collections, I haven't used a guide yet, but there's just so many that you can't actually track them all!

I'm playing WoW right now too and me question some of Blizzards production value with a budget that dwarfs Anet (except cutscenes, no one can beat Blizzard's cutscenes).
    You mean cinematics? Their ingame cutscenes (using in game models) weren't much. For the cinematics, there's been a few good ones, but SW:TOR still goes to the top for me.

The new armor makes my Norn's bum look big so the patch is A+ imo.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Man...I hope they sort out the stupid bullshit with nullification sigils. I want to work on upgrading my armor and shit but like fuck am I going to pay the ludicrously overinflated prices.

Zone is pretty great still, caught the tail end of the Shatterer fight and that was pretty rad and I've still got plenty of achieves I'm still working on, but hot damn did they screw up with the nullification nonsense.

Heh, I had a couple of them so sold them right off. It will take me a long time to get all the mistonium and all that anyway, so I'm in no rush. I really don't even have an alt that will use the new skins, so it doesn't matter.

I'm a couple pieces short of Crystal Attunement which is last for Full House.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Nullification thing was needed but I dont have faith in Anet reseversing it once the surplus of sigils is gone. I had 60 of them just sitting in a bank.

I'm at the stage where I need the sigils, lack them, but don't really care. Still need to accumulate more magic and mist-widgets, and there's other things to do.

Does anyone really LIKE this armor set that much? I spent 50g for the home instance node, but I'm not sure I'll spend much on the armor set. I'll never use it anyway, and I chose the cloth set since it was the nicest. Spending more resources on the other two sets seems a bit... pointless.

I wonder if Ecto's have gone up since they're used in it too. I've got a bunch of them sitting around.

ectos have been at a stable price for months now, no change there.

I don't really find the new armors that appealing although the light pants is nice since there is hardly any of that in the game. But I'm in no hurry, I'll wait until there is some market correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    ectos have been at a stable price for months now, no change there.

I don't really find the new armors that appealing although the light pants is nice since there is hardly any of that in the game. But I'm in no hurry, I'll wait until there is some market correction.
    Yeah, some of the pieces of the Light armor were nice, so I chose that set. The first day or two I saw folks in Map wondering if the armor would be ascended. I knew the first set was exotic, but was amused that the lit set is just the skins, no armor at all.

I'm also hoping a lot of folks complain and they reduce the costs associated so I don't need to pay as much.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing is one of the achievements gives a karma boost mechanic, so I get like 50 karma for every random killing in the zone. Not that I need a lot of karma, but an odd buff.