Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    All the severely retarded "fans" will pay this gladly, just as they do every year, thoroughly enjoying every bitchslap they buy with the money. Why even bother with the subject?

Quote Originally Posted by Reignfire View Post
    If you're talking about what you could and could not do for $50 dollars, you should probably be working on your career options instead of posting on MMOC.
    If they'd dished out a mount or pet I doubt there'd be anywhere near as much doubt about whether the price was worth it. People would be throwing their wallets at Blizzard if it had been a mount/pet combo. Given the art department design loads of stuff that's never used, it wouldn't have cost them a cent to make the bonuses something good.

Who asked for cloaks and faction banners? Nobody. Given that most people probably don't actually care about the stream itself, nobody wants to pay $50 for a cloak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    If they'd dished out a mount or pet I doubt there'd be anywhere near as much doubt about whether the price was worth it. People would be throwing their wallets at Blizzard if it had been a mount/pet combo. Given the art department design loads of stuff that's never used, it wouldn't have cost them a cent to make the bonuses something good.

Who asked for cloaks and faction banners? Nobody. Given that most people probably don't actually care about the stream itself, nobody wants to pay $50 for a cloak.
    My question is, wouldnt it be a slap in the face to people who dont buy the ticket.
    If it was a mount and a pet.
    Some cosmetic freaks would flip out?

I know in the past was always a mount and a pet...but either way people are going to be mad no matter what.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Its sad to see adults say 50 isnt much for permission to watch what they are gona sell you next
    Let me guess, you've never attended BlizzCon have you? The vast majority of panels have nothing to do with what's coming up... Besides if $50 is a lot to you you're not the target market anyway you should log off the computer and pick up a second or third job

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Let me guess, you've never attended BlizzCon have you? The vast majority of panels have nothing to do with what's coming up... Besides if $50 is a lot to you you're not the target market anyway you should log off the computer and pick up a second or third job
    And where does the sudden 10 dollar price hike come from?

Because to me and looking at the schedule it seems like every other Blizzcon.

Imo it should be free and the goodies should be charged. Kind of like how Square are doing it with the FF14 Fan Fest this year.

It has nothing to do with being able to afford it. It's more to do with if that value is worth it for 2 days of entertainment.

Personally I don't think it is. However I buy it for my friends to come round and watch because they are worth it to me.

LOL I feel sorry for anyone who actually bought that mess.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard no longer has the type of talent or direction to really pique my interest enough to go into watching creative panels. At least to me, anymore.

I wouldn't mind paying to listen to peak era Blizzard designers but with the modern ones their philosophies and styles are just too different now. I think of modern Blizzard as I do most other AAA devs, which is fine, just not worthy of enough fandom to pay for extras.
    Last edited by BlueRemedy; 2018-10-25 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    $50 to watch what amounts to a multi-day televison commercial for Overwatch. Better hurry up or you'll never get those limited edition portraits for a game you never play!

Proof: https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...atchbannerlink
    While I do find the idea of the virtual ticket odd, you do appear to have an axe to grind. No matter what Blizzard, I guess you will find some negative things to attach to me. You can just ignore and not buy it.

I could buy a ticket to sit in chair and watch a movie with other strangers or I can wait and watch it at home. People find enjoyment differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Being able to afford something and the value of it being worth your money are two completely different things. I bought the ticket last year and the rewards were pretty good, plus it was nice watching panels and recordings of stuff I missed. But this year the virtual rewards are, frankly speaking, pretty lame. The Overwatch skin is nice, but that's about it. With Blizzard trying to lower expectations in regards to new announcements, what value is a ticket that is more expensive than last year but with less content?

Quote Originally Posted by Severance View Post
    Being able to afford something and the value of it being worth your money are two completely different things.
    Well actually, no, they are not. When you factor in that this products "value" is very much subjective, as with most things, even less so. You have thrown together a bit of word salad there, but i doubt the words mean what you think they mean.

I paid for it because I feel I get more than enough enjoyment out of watching Blizzcon to be worth the price. I have seen the third party streams in the past and was not satisfied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Basically I'd be paying $50 for:
    • Gimmicky ingame toys and portraits.
    • An extremely brief demo of content I've already experienced before and likely will be playing live before much longer.
    • The ability to watch and rewatch a lot of the excellent content and perhaps even share the excitement of what's going on in Blizzcon.

While the first two points mean absolutely nothing to me, I actually do like Blizzcon. $50 is a steep price though and it's just not worth it to me yet. If they at least offered something decent ingame -- the past mount is actually something I regret missing out on, now, for instance -- I might be swayed just barely to buy one. But as it is now? I can live without it, information will be up as fast as it's revealed.

Furthermore, I do not foresee anything being announced this year that will excite me in any real way. I have very low expectations for this particular Blizzcon.

For the record, I don't recall what it was last year, though, if that's what this thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Well actually, no, they are not. When you factor in that this products "value" is very much subjective, as with most things, even less so. You have thrown together a bit of word salad there, but i doubt the words mean what you think they mean.
    Don't be obtuse. Of course it's fucking subjective. 50 bucks is a lot for a ticket if you don't think it's worth 50 bucks. 50 bucks isn't much for a ticket if you think it's worth the 50 bucks. So yes, being able to afford 50 bucks and the value of the product offered by worth your 50 bucks are two completely different things.

"50 bucks is too much" does not equal "I can't afford it".

PogChamp NAXX OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Severance View Post
    Don't be obtuse. Of course it's fucking subjective. 50 bucks is a lot for a ticket if you don't think it's worth 50 bucks. 50 bucks isn't much for a ticket if you think it's worth the 50 bucks. So yes, being able to afford 50 bucks and the value of the product offered by worth your 50 bucks are two completely different things.

"50 bucks is too much" does not equal "I can't afford it".
    "50 bucks is too much" is not a valid argument. I am glad we agree and can both move on.

Deleted
    Should I rather make a new thread asking for insights AFTER we already know how it went here and risk another “thread necro to drive the _I told you so!_ home” infraction or just make a new thread linking to this one ... choices choices
    It’s another _I told you so!_ related to recent Blizz activity for me, so I think I’ll go with a simple single necro this time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lots of people were streaming it on twitch this year too. Saw even twitch staff in the viewer lists, but those streams didn't disappear anywhere, lol.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!