Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how the state of Shamans right now is so indefensible that the go-to line for Blizzard defenders is "Who is this guy?" and "Nobody cares about theorycrafters."

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yes, and it looked like a burn out, he thought that he can make a huge impact and blizzard will listen - they didn't first time, second time, X time and he burned out of the "theorycrafting" game. He wasn't playing the game like we do, it's nothing like that, they burn out really fast, especially when you spend that much time on something you like, developers at worst ignore it, at best consider it a low priority after their internal testing, and community keeps shitting on itself.
    That's okay. We can't expect everyone to read it, it's pretty long, and well above some people's level of reading comprehension.

But to break it down for you, he hits five big points. He even put them in big, bold text, but let me just summarize 'em here, so you don't have to wander all the long way back to the first page:

-Azerite armor is a significantly inferior replacement for legendaries, artifacts and set bonuses. Getting a new piece can also feel like a struggle simply to get back the exact same thing you had with the old one.

-His main class is in a shitty place, and specs in general are far too simplified to be fun.
    ----He makes a sub-point here, and I think this is the little bit that you might have actually read? Where he mentions his role as a 'community leader', one paragraph where he establishes his interest in theorycrafting, and how generally pleased he was with his class in Legion. Then he juxtaposes that with the BfA beta, and goes on to make his main point.

-Forced personal loot isn't his cup of tea.

-Warfronts are a waste of time for everyone.

-BfA is a bug-ridden, beta-level release.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    A subscription made it to the cancel screen!
    I laughed too much at this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I love how the state of Shamans right now is so indefensible that the go-to line for Blizzard defenders is "Who is this guy?" and "Nobody cares about theorycrafters."
    we're not defending blizzard

it's just stupid to make it seem like a big deal that one guy quit the game
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so he was essentionaly wasting his time and life because :

a)99% of playerbae dont give a fuck about theorycrafting
    b)blizzard dont give any fucks about theorycrafting because there is no point making game for 1 % of playerbase.

seems like guy wasted huge amount of time that could be spent way better.
    A. Bullshit, the majority of the player base uses 1 form or another of the theorycrafters findings, PvE, PvP, Raids, Mythic+ and even outside tools are all in large part to the theory crafters.

B. Blizzard doesn't give a fuck because they can't be wrong. This a company that would rather fly blind and deal in educated guesses then go to an outside source, which eventually they just use what the outside source has stated months ago during an Alpha testing.. Meanwhile they continue to claim that their internal testing and data is soo much better, an yet we continue to see stuff being buffed by 200%...

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Meanwhile they continue to claim that their internal testing and data is soo much better, an yet we continue to see stuff being buffed by 200%...
    To be nerfed by 150% a couple days later, then to be buffed by 300% next patch.

This is what blizzard calls the iterative development, also know as "let the end user find out and beta test"

Releasing to the end-user specs like elemental/feral(before the hotfixes) in its actual state was just a load of crap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Blizzard is going to think everything is fine if people continue to play dumpster classes. Affliction got a complete rework in legion because of 200 page threads and people not playing them. I can't say I see the same outrage for Shamans
    Elemental shaman comunity is very small its a subset of Shamans that alot of ppl dont play. Warlock also has a small playerbase but but warlocks do make some noise thanks to alot of very bright ppl on it also warlocks are a pure and aff is a iconic spec.

Its not a excuse for Blizzard behaviour and locks dont have any faults in it, its just how it is. I do agree that blizzard doesnt play favorites but they do cater to the loudest crowd
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2018-09-18 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    To be nerfed by 150% a couple days later, then to be buffed by 300% next patch.

This is what blizzard calls the iterative development, also know as "let the end user find out and beta test"

Releasing to the end-user specs like elemental/feral(before the hotfixes) in its actual state was just a load of crap
    Naa, its longer then a couple days because they want you to actively waste your time hunting it down before they nerf it so you waste time hunting down the next trait.

Says Slanderman:

The simplification of specs has been harmful across the board.
    My man, I got in their face and warned 'em four years ago.

enhancement was godly during EN, then got nerfed into oblivion when NH hit.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    A. Bullshit, the majority of the player base uses 1 form or another of the theorycrafters findings, PvE, PvP, Raids, Mythic+ and even outside tools are all in large part to the theory crafters.

B. Blizzard doesn't give a fuck because they can't be wrong. This a company that would rather fly blind and deal in educated guesses then go to an outside source, which eventually they just use what the outside source has stated months ago during an Alpha testing.. Meanwhile they continue to claim that their internal testing and data is soo much better, an yet we continue to see stuff being buffed by 200%...
    must be nice living in dreamland.

majority of players dont even use skada/dbm -_-

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    must be nice living in dreamland.

majority of players dont even use skada/dbm -_-
    It's a trickle down effect, You answer a question with an answer you more times then not got from a T.C source. Besides I dont use either Skada or DBM...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GodEmperor View Post
    Oh no, how do I feed my children and sick wife now that Slanderman, top Shaman theorycrafter, moderator of Earthshrine has quit wow.
    I would highly suggest you do so one meal at a time