Poll: Do you drink Soy Milk?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Well you do seem to be taking it incredibly personal for an issue that hasn't affected you, do you have any examples of companies that have tried to make people think their soy milk is a dairy product? Most of the brands I see go out of their way to let people know it is a plant based product to attract the vegan market.

This has very little to do with the matter apart from the fact that Belgium has extended the definition of "gambling" to make sure it covers digital products, in a similar way that the definition of "milk" is being extended to cover plant-based products.
    As far as I am aware they don't even sell soy milk in my area.

You are the one trying to make it personal by continually insulting me and refusing to actually reply to what I wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    As far as I am aware they don't even sell soy milk in my area.

You are the one trying to make it personal by continually insulting me and refusing to actually reply to what I wrote.
    You said it was a "trick" so I was wondering how far the company in question had gone to trick you, but then you said you were worried about hypothetical other people who might be tricked, and now it turns out you may have never even see a carton of soymilk out in the wild, so I wonder why you have such an issue with it. Do you at least have an example of soymilk that is trying to trick people into thinking it is anything other than a plant-based product?

Folks, you don't understand the unique ''LOGIC'' and ''RATIONNAL'' soy milk argument.

See, people the alt right like (the vikings) used dairy products. Vikings are ''Aryan'' and thus ''GOOD'' therefore drinking milk is a proof of the superiority of ''the white race''. The ''argument'' about SOYMILK TURN YOU WEAK was based on that, since even for the most mentally challenged edgelords, and god know how many there are, there can't be that many people that think people use soy milk for fun and taste as opposed as raging dysentry.

Of course, you have to be a ''STOOPID SOYBOY BETACUCK'' to point out that most of the dairy products consumed before the modern age (yogurt, hard cheese, butter) are usually perfectly digestible by people with lactose intolerance, or that, oddly enough, cultures that were heavy on rearing cattle, including several African ones, had better lactose tolerance than most Europeans before pasteuriszation.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2018-09-18 at 07:58 PM.

Only the chocolate variety. Lactose intolerant so I can't drink cow milk.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Folks, you don't understand the unique ''LOGIC'' and ''RATIONNAL'' soy milk argument.

See, people the alt right like (the vikings) used dairy products. Vikings are ''Aryan'' and thus ''GOOD'' therefore drinking milk is a proof of the superiority of ''the white race''. The ''argument'' about SOYMILK TURN YOU WEAK was based on that, since even for the most mentally challenged edgelords, and god know how many there are, there can't be that many people that think people use soy milk for fun and taste as opposed as raging dysentry.

Of course, you have to be a ''STOOPID SOYBOY BETACUCK'' to point out that most of the dairy products consumed before the modern age (yogurt, hard cheese, butter) are usually perfectly digestible by people with lactose intolerance, or that, oddly enough, cultures that were heavy on rearing cattle, including several African ones, had better lactose tolerance than most Europeans before pasteuriszation.
    Oh, you are back.

I had to avoid milk a few weeks after a tooth operation, when I tried alternatives (for cereals):
    Oat milk really is the worst, I have no idea how people like that. It tastes like chewing straw.
    Soy milk was a little bit better, but did not really convince me yet. Still a very grassy taste.
    Almond milk was fine for cereals, that's a substitute I could live with.

Overall I am glad I am back to normal milk.

Nah, don't like the taste.

Milk is rubbish anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    No, it tastes like shit and also creates soy bois
    You know soy doesn't actually have any effect on men's testosterone, masculinity, or political beliefs/views, right? In other words, "soy boy" isn't a thing.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-09-18 at 10:05 PM.

Dumb question, do people ask questions such as ''do you enjoy not eating peanut butter'' normally ? The vast majority of people who take non-lactose products do it because it turn their intestines in raging inferno. Even if Paul ''COMPULSIVE HYSTERICAL LIAR'' Watson snapped his big manly white fingers and ordered you to believe that dirty liberals love soy milk because they are feminine and un-Aryan, it's just that : people who are intolerant to lactose.

sure I like it but can’t remember the last time I had some. it’s nice but can’t be bothered to pick it up regularly

I drink normal milk as I am a normal person

I'd just like to point out, and I don't think it's pedantic to do so, that soy milk is not milk. That's just a name the marketing folk thought up. Neither is almond milk or any other milk replacement product. Milk is a liquid that is used by mammals to feed their young. Period.

This view is supported not just by the Codex Alimentarius, but by anyone resistant to the ridiculous terminology-bending of brand managers.

Deleted
    Yes, I don't like how milk tastes and I'm lactose intolerant as well. I rather drink soy milk, almond milk or rice milk.

people who drink soy anything should not be allowed to exist on this planet with normal people.

Yep, put it on my cereal every day. Mm mmm.

Deleted
    I do, as well as almond milk because health pretty much, not because it is trendy (has it ever been?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    people who drink soy anything should not be allowed to exist on this planet with normal people.
    Good... being normal sounds so mainstream

Quote Originally Posted by Incandio View Post
    I'd just like to point out, and I don't think it's pedantic to do so, that soy milk is not milk. That's just a name the marketing folk thought up. Neither is almond milk or any other milk replacement product. Milk is a liquid that is used by mammals to feed their young. Period.

This view is supported not just by the Codex Alimentarius, but by anyone resistant to the ridiculous terminology-bending of brand managers.
    Nah, it's pointless pedantry like people who say tomatoes aren't vegetables, they're fruit. In cullinary terms it's pretty standard to use a term that relates to how something is used - soy, almond, hazelnut milks etc. are used as substitutes for milk which is why they are called milks. You'll also find a bunch of things called creams and butters that aren't dairy products but for some reason they don't cause the same level of offense as milks.

If you like you can refer to cow milk as lactations to avoid confusion as to whether the milky substance was squirted from an animal or processed from a plant.

I expected the Yes number to be much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    I drink normal milk as I am a normal person
    I dunno if drinking liquid that's been squeezed from the teats of cows should be normal though...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I dunno if drinking liquid that's been squeezed from the teats of cows should be normal though...
    Normal is what the majority of people do.