Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Maybe, or they just decided certain things were too much work. Darkshore seems like a weird place to do this, but I guess it ties in with the promised Tyrande story. I'm really hoping blizz doesn't just reset the statusquo with night elves retaking their home and Forsaken returning to Lordaeron. The idea of a Horde colonial period (maybe with a return to orcish clan mentality?), and the resurgence of old human kingdoms, combined with the conflict of Night Elves desiring new lands could be incredibly interesting storytelling.
    Deciding something was too much work is exactly why you brainstorm. But I stand my point, we can toss the datamined list as being a guide. We know their ideas, some of which MIGHT make it into the game, but there is no longer any promise.

I figure there will be one Warfront added per major patch so we end up with four. Given that there were three in the datamine that weren't added yet, one of those warfronts is now likely impossible to add. And given that Ion was at pains to point that the second warfront begins with an Alliance attack, meaning he recognises the annoyance some Alliance have felt at having to go second this time...the chances of the THIRD warfront beginning with an Alliance attack are probably low.

I wager the barrens warfront is scrapped. We won't be seeing it. If they were going to do it, it would have been 8.1. And I think it was scrapped because it doesn't fit the story they wanted to tell and because the geography of the Southern Barrens really doesn't suit a warfront, given that the logical alliance and Horde bases are on top of each other.

I predict the 8.2 warfront will be a Horde attack on an Alliance territory. While we can try and puzzle out what it is, the fact that Ion pointed out that it's a Night Elf versus Forsaken themed warfront leads me to believe that when designing a warfront, Blizzard will be emphasising racial pairings. We have already had our Human vs Orc warfront. This is the Night Elf versus Forsaken Warfront.

If we ignore Allied races, and I've a feeling we should, this means that the third warfront will be a Blood Elf/Tauren/Goblin/Troll attack on a Draenei/Dwarf/Gnome/Worgen area. Pick the combination that feels best to you and see if you can determine the what it could be.

I figure a Troll invasion of Dun Morogh to help their kin. Lay siege to Ironforge.

Finally, the fourth warfront will be near the end of the war. It will be an Alliance attack on a Horde holding in 8.3. And you know what? I see two possibilities for it.

Goblin versus Gnome, the gnome lead invasion of Azshara. A titanic clash of technology. Fun, but the problem here is that it might be too goofy for the end of the war.

The second option would be the Draenei led invasion of Silvermoon, to take possession of the naaru infused Sunwell. Possible TBC callbacks, void elves could tag along and it could segue into a potential void themed next expansion if something goes horribly wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Obelisk Kai I was honestly expecting a Worgen vs Forsaken warfront (for obvious reasons) in Gilneas/Silverpine. But now that's not gonna happen since Forsaken got their warfront it seems. I wonder who is going to be the canonical winner in the end. Hopefully the Forsaken, I'd like to see Darkshore fully updated with Forsaken architecture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    That's an interesting set of ideas, my prediction is this:

Darkshore is within striking distance of Azuremyst.
    Arathi is (apparently) within striking distaince of quel'thalas, according to Blizzard.

Both are areas in need of a revamp+added to the overworld. Ergo, I could see it possible that the Alliance loses Azuremyst, and the Horde loses Quel'thalas. I see that as likely, and it is also my ideal setup.

Quel'thalas could be VE-BE, or dwarf-BE, or anything, really. Azuremyst could be Goblin-Draenei, or troll-draenei. who knows.

EDIT: I could also see the reason for changing the warfronts around so that they aren't ALL human VS x. That's a good decision that I support.

The third warfront will be something else entirely. It will be a Horde attack on a current Alliance holding, and that holding will be primarily Draenei or Dwarven as the Worgen and Gnomes don't really have territory to attack. While the Draenei therefore sound like an option, Azuremyst itself is of limited interest to the Horde and I believe Darkshore rules out Azuremyst. Darkshore is the port the Horde would use to attack Azuremyst and as it will be turning into a warzone, the Horde won't be able to really use it.

The more I think about it, the more I begin to believe my earlier ruling out of the Barrens was a mistake. If it is established that the Alliance has a strong presence in the Southern Barrens, we could see a logical Tauren vs Dwarf based warfront between a rebuilt Camp Taurjo and a rebuilt Bael Modan. The Tauren are seeking to excise the Alliance and secure Mulgore, the Dwarves want to secure the Southern Barrens for their archaeology.

Desolation Hold and Fort Triumph would function as capturable locations akin to the circle of elements and newstead and not the focal points of the warfront. And need I point out, a rebuilt Taurajo is just in front of the Great Gates of Mulgore?

The more I think about it, the more I think Southern Barrens will be a Tauren vs Dwarf warfront.

It even works narratively as in the initial Horde assault...you have to REBUILD Taurajo! Just like we rebuilt Ar'gorok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    [MENTION=921322]Obelisk Kai I was honestly expecting a Worgen vs Forsaken warfront (for obvious reasons) in Gilneas/Silverpine. But now that's not gonna happen since Forsaken got their warfront it seems. I wonder who is going to be the canonical winner in the end. Hopefully the Forsaken, I'd like to see Darkshore fully updated with Forsaken architecture.
    Seems highly likely that the Forsaken will canonically win in Darkshore. Not only do the Forsaken need a new home, it fits with Blizz's intentions of making Kalimdor near-exclusively Horde and EK near-exclusively Alliance. That said, I still hope they do something with Gilneas.

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love for there to be a Silvermoon Warfront later down the line, if it's still possible. If it means giving it (and the draenei starter zones) the HD treatment and updating them to the current storyline (and not have it stuck in TBC; I can't STAND leveling my belf alts either there or Ghostlands), then I'll gladly watch the Alliance go on the offensive. Plus, it could further solidify having the Alliance keeping the Eastern Kingdoms to themselves while the Horde take Kalimdor.