Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    Island Expeditions : This is an obvious blue-print that is more of a test-the-waters feature. I believe that in 8.2 it will be fully fleshed out and realized. The rewards are remunerative, and time-efficient.
    I made it this far before I decided he was being sarcastic.

Island Expeditions : This is an obvious blue-print that is more of a test-the-waters feature. I believe that in 8.2 it will be fully fleshed out and realized. The rewards are remunerative, and time-efficient.
    Did you just actually dare to call this piece of crap time-efficient rewards? What is wrong with you...

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    A little analysis here. The potential rewards for Island Expeditions are as follows:

- 5 mounts
    - 8 toys
    - 28 pets
    - 7 new hats and shoulders
    - 14 weapons with new models
    - 71 recolors of old weapons
    - 23 sets totaling roughly 184 individual items - some are new models, most are fresh recolors of old sets, and a few are recolors that already exist in other places

This totals 317 different items if you want to collect everything.

Now, I've done a little over 60 expeditions and I got three worthwhile rewards, a pet, a new weapon and a set piece. If that is a good indicator of the drop rates, and in an ideal case where you never get any duplicate, it would take roughly 7,000 Island Expeditions to collect everything. Usually, an expedition takes at least 10 minutes (queue included), so that would be 1166 hours of play time, or 48 days and a half of actual play time. Let's say I've been slow due to the low gear I had early on, so long time we'll cut that time to a generous 6 minutes, which means collecting everything the Island Expeditions have to offer would take a full month of /played time.

Of course, that is the minimum. Since you can get duplicates, it will take a lot longer than that.

Blizzard... what the actual fuck are you thinking?

I don't think it trumps legion for me. Many features I really enjoyed about Legion, like order hall questlines, profession questlines, all the improvements to fishing, artifact abilities, etc. are not present, and the features that have replaced them I don't find quite as engaging.

That's not to say I'm not enjoying myself, but I still think Legion was better. I'm waiting on future patches to prove me wrong though. I am definitely still very engaged in the story and where all this is headed.

Oh, and BTW azerite system was designed by idiots of such magnitude that they must be immediately removed from humanity genome pool.

The fact that no piece of Uldir azerite gear has my BY FAR best trait is an asinine bullshit.

There has never been or ever be a "masterpiece" of an expansion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

5+ Year Old Account
    Well written post, in a calm tone, several paragraphs long, had many people biting. 8/10, decent troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakozjubr View Post
    Oh, and BTW azerite system was designed by idiots of such magnitude that they must be immediately removed from humanity genome pool.
    I think you're overreacting just a bit there.

Many people dislike like this Expansion because of the balance issues, and bugs that are wracking it right now - I, on the other hand, am thoroughly enjoying it.

Island Expeditions : This is an obvious blue-print that is more of a test-the-waters feature. I believe that in 8.2 it will be fully fleshed out and realized. The rewards are remunerative, and time-efficient. The AI presents a healthy challenge and often-times I feel as though I am facing a human being.

Warfronts : At the moment, Warfronts are facing the issue of being hot fixed at an inopportune time. I actually really enjoyed however. In essence, it allowed you to gear alts very quickly for Uldir progression. I cannot stress just how enamored I was with the gear progression - That I could get all of my other characters raid ready so quickly. The item level change is disappointing, and felt like more of a subjective change based around shoddy projections.

Classes : Many players are complaining that their class feels awful to play, but I don't think they realize that beginning-of-the-expansion class mechanical performance is negligible at best. What matters primarily is how well the class performs numerically at the start of an expansion. That is precisely why overhauls come a patch cycle after the expansion releases because class balance at the start of an expansion is an irrealizable impossibility.

In my opinion, Battle For Azeroth is a very solid expansion that simply needs a few wrinkles ironed out. This expansion easily trumps Legion for me, and I am personally looking forward to more high quality content in the near future.

Why do you feel otherwise?
    This expansion is a whole lot of good but dragged down by the fact that Warfronts have no pvp version, making it a boring loot machine and a whole lot of bugs, although that don't bother me that much.

The expansion is good but they failed to harvest the potential of every single new feature. Azerite gear, island expeditions, warfronts, even Warmode fails to be anywhere near as good as it could be. Although Warmode has been a success imo.
    We humans have to stick together

Many people dislike like this Expansion because of the balance issues, and bugs that are wracking it right now - I, on the other hand, am thoroughly enjoying it.

Island Expeditions : This is an obvious blue-print that is more of a test-the-waters feature. I believe that in 8.2 it will be fully fleshed out and realized. The rewards are remunerative, and time-efficient. The AI presents a healthy challenge and often-times I feel as though I am facing a human being.

Warfronts : At the moment, Warfronts are facing the issue of being hot fixed at an inopportune time. I actually really enjoyed however. In essence, it allowed you to gear alts very quickly for Uldir progression. I cannot stress just how enamored I was with the gear progression - That I could get all of my other characters raid ready so quickly. The item level change is disappointing, and felt like more of a subjective change based around shoddy projections.

Classes : Many players are complaining that their class feels awful to play, but I don't think they realize that beginning-of-the-expansion class mechanical performance is negligible at best. What matters primarily is how well the class performs numerically at the start of an expansion. That is precisely why overhauls come a patch cycle after the expansion releases because class balance at the start of an expansion is an irrealizable impossibility.

In my opinion, Battle For Azeroth is a very solid expansion that simply needs a few wrinkles ironed out. This expansion easily trumps Legion for me, and I am personally looking forward to more high quality content in the near future.

Because of the things you said in your first sentence. The fact that you're overlooking these issues because you're enjoying it right now doesn't make it a masterpiece. If it was a masterpiece it wouldn't have those issues.

Also, your class description and why people have issues isn't really even close to why people are having issues with the class design this expansion, The numbers classes are putting out are a somewhat secondary issue to basic class game play; how they feel, and classes FEEL gutted. Some of them are still fun to play, but they are all so bare bones when it comes to number and types of abilities that many are just flat out boring to play.

The Azerite system is also garbage IMO, because it feels awful getting an upgrade that you don't look forward to equipping because you can't unlock the traits on it. The War Campaign being locked behind a pretty awful reputation grind also doesn't feel good.

Granted I'm still currently having fun, so far, but this expansion is FAR from a masterpiece.

Yeah... no. I think I can safely assert that you're in a vasy minority with this opinion. But hey, if you like it, great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I think you're overreacting just a bit there.
    Why? I believe people must be held accountable for their mistakes. It might be too much for your taste, but quite a correct punishment for mine.

They created a system in which raider can't get his best gear from actual raiding...

7+ Year Old Account

Bfa is garbage
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

People like you are the reason Early Access "games" get high user scores while being objectively terrible experiences. The "Oh this game MIGHT be amazing later, so I'll just treat it like it is amazing now" attitude is part of what has been slowly choking the life out of the video game industry for the past couple of years.

No. Battle for Azeroth is not a masterpiece. It could be one, but it isn't. It is not, NOW. We're not paying for some hypothetical, fully-realised, future version of the game. We're paying for what we have, right now. And what we have right now can only be described, as you said, as "Could be good eventually."

Quote Originally Posted by Krakozjubr View Post
    Why? I believe people must be held accountable for their mistakes. It might be too much for your taste, but quite a correct punishment for mine.

They created a system in which raider can't get his best gear from actual raiding...
    I thought you were kidding but you really believe someone should be "removed from humanity genome pool"? You think someone should die because they designed part of the game in a way you don't like?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Bfa is garbage
    Doesn't it get bored saying the same thing over and over? I can't imagine it's better than having real discussions.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fanboyism is strong in this one.

"Masterpiece of bad game design"
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I thought you were kidding but you really believe someone should be "removed from humanity genome pool"? You think someone should die because they designed part of the game in a way you don't like?

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't it get bored saying the same thing over and over? I can't imagine it's better than having real discussions.
    Doenst it get bored white knighting blizzard over and over?
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    A masterpiece of shit more like.

Oh well, at least I've randomly got into rated PvP content to keep me entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Doenst it get bored white knighting blizzard over and over?
    I try to have different conversations about different subjects, often trying avoid to discuss the game itself. I'd rather try getting people to discuss more constructively than post my opinions. You'll find the real white knights elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Take some advice out of your own signature :P

Yeah...on this forum, people like to come in and make an overwhelming amount of negative threads about anything in any x-pac. Still...there are people who enjoy the game...inconceivable, I know...just today, a WoD apprechiation thread sprung up. After 3 years of shit-talking that x-pac
    I was being witty, considering this post's topic ha.

Really though, for me BfA is lacking something important, and I don't really know what it is. Legion felt so much more polished and soulfull. That initial quest to claim our artifacts (and yes, I know some of them double-dipped and were "generic," but it was eons ahead of the Heart of Azeroth aquisition imo) felt epic. The lore behind the artifacts made them feel unique and powerful and explained why they were so. Some of them even communicated and talked with us in key locations and events. All of that combined to feel like the devs really put their heart into that system and that the system had a heart.

The irony is, I feel no heart in the Heart of Azeroth; it was a boring and entirely generic acquisition, and it's a passive piece of jewelry and they couldn't even be bothered to animate outside of the "absorb" effect. The damn thing is connected directly to Azeroth's soul, and it doesn't utter a single word. They missed an opportunity to have it "whisper" to the players during key questing events and in raid locations (it could comment on G'huun, etc).

In my obvisouly personal opinion, the systems feel boring, sloppy, and rushed to me, even without bugs and glitches running rampant. I love WoW and want it to do well because I enjoy playing it. The artwork is breathtaking and I've loved the leveling experiences, but overall BfA is not floating my boat, pun intended. I hope it gets better is all I can say.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."