Poll: Are you enjoying Battle for Azeroth?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zharkos View Post
    wasn't she bugged like that in beta too? i'm surprised this many bugs got through
    Yep, she was bugged like this for most of beta. Saw it on multiple streams and my guild encountered it ourselves as well during our time on beta.

We tried to just play around the bug eventually having everyone stack in the center of the room before beams came out since it seemed to kill people who were just too close to the sides however this didn’t work at all. Still instantly killed people as soon as the beams spawned even if they were in the center of the room. On our kill, myself and another healer died in the center just as the beams appeared. Whenever this happens you aren’t even given a chance to look at the beams let alone dodge them.

Just need to get lucky and have it happen either closer to the end of the second room or have it take down 2+ healers instead of dps since healing the third room can be done with 1 healer. The 2+ dps are way more important. Could get really lucky and just not have it happen either.

We still killed it but it took getting lucky and having 2 healers die instead of dps. She took about 16-17 pulls due to the bug killing random people when we would’ve had her in 5-10. We even have multiple streams showcasing the bug but so does pretty much every other mythic guild.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-09-14 at 10:08 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    no/no

Im not gon re farm my bis traits every time i get an upgrade, expeditions are boring as fuck, my class is boring as fuck compared to legion (Blood/unholy)

Had fun first 2weeks, then it hit me that ill be refarming my bis traits, so fuck it.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    It's ok for now... I see some massive issues, which have already been discussed to death. There are things to like and things to dislike.

I'm sure I'll burn out right around when the first major patch hits like I've done since Cata. I'll then unsub and be gone for 6-12 months and then come back.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Deleted
    Look at them throwing around different questions to see if they find a number that sticks and can tell them they were right and everyone is hating BfA.

This: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lling-the-game

Apparently wasn't telling enough.

I'll still amuse though.

I don't like the GCD changes.
    I like Warfronts, they are nice pace breaking events.
    I don't mind the azerite system, it's better than Legion.
    I would like to see the classes get the new toys they were due. Regardless of long term game health, Blizz is doing it wrong. They just need to design a parallel system like the artifact system for talents.

I am quitting the game over this!

Oh wait... no i'm not. Those are small issues i can live with. I am having a blast!
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-09-14 at 11:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Look at them throwing around different questions to see if they find a number that sticks and can tell them they were right and everyone is hating BfA.

This: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lling-the-game

Apparently wasn't telling enough.
    What do you mean by finding a number that sticks?

Quote Originally Posted by actiwe View Post
    Island exp. & warfront was a joke
    GCD Changes are horrible
    I don't like the azerite armor system.
    I don't like the playstyle of some of the classes I like to play

So I guess Ill cya next expack!
    Spot on. These people having the time of their lives don't care even a little bit about any of these things. They just like the "story", music and pretty zones. You also have to remember that there's a pretty big chunk of the game that frankly hasn't had anything going in their lives the last 14 years that doesn't revolve around or happen in this game. They have a very severe emotional attachment to WoW and are genuinely going to love this game no matter what because it and their game "friends" and guild are their only, single attachment to the outside world. They MUST love this game, or their world falls apart completely.

Those are the people that, when you point out critical, game-breaking flaws in character design, gameplay, or other important game systems, snap back at you, almost angrily about how much they love the game no matter what, and how perfect the game is no matter the problem. They're at the point where they perceive any criticism of the game as a direct criticism of themselves. It's actually pretty sad/creepy to behold.
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2018-09-14 at 11:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Spot on. These people having the time of their lives don't care even a little bit about any of these things. They just like the "story", music and pretty zones.
    honestly i often wonder what world of warcraft would've been like as a single player rpg akin to the elder scrolls series. the story in an mmo isn't exactly the thing most people are looking for in the genre but in a traditional rpg the focus on those things might've been better

honestly i often wonder what world of warcraft would've been like as a single player rpg akin to the elder scrolls series. the story in an mmo isn't exactly the thing most people are looking for in the genre but in a traditional rpg the focus on those things might've been better
    I've read my children 6 page bedtime stories that have more character depth, plot, nuance and "story" than this game does.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Spot on. These people having the time of their lives don't care even a little bit about any of these things. They just like the "story", music and pretty zones. You also have to remember that there's a pretty big chunk of the game that frankly hasn't had anything going in their lives the last 14 years that doesn't revolve around or happen in this game. They have a very severe emotional attachment to WoW and are genuinely going to love this game no matter what because it and their game "friends" and guild are their only, single attachment to the outside world. They MUST love this game, or their world falls apart completely.

Those are the people that, when you point out critical, game-breaking flaws in character design, gameplay, or other important game systems, snap back at you, almost angrily about how much they love the game no matter what, and how perfect the game is no matter the problem. They're at the point where they perceive any criticism of the game as a direct criticism of themselves. It's actually pretty sad/creepy to behold.
    Indeed, that hits hard!

10+ Year Old Account
    see title

"Are you enjoying Battle for Azeroth?"
    https://www.strawpoll.me/16453395/

"Are you going to be resubbing once your current sub runs out?"
    https://www.strawpoll.me/16442128/

(the strawpolls are for a broader audience, not just mmo-champ)
    Enjoying it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

i wasn't because the classes i played felt really boring some even punishing. as i unlocked Dark Iron i've been leveling an Enhancement Shaman and i'm having a blast with it.
    the visuals are amazing and the gameplay quite fun.. though i wish they'd shuffle around some of the survival skills to the lower levels. i mean what's the point in not being able to instant cast your heal spell until level 66 for example?
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I'm not blind or indifferent to some of the mistakes that have been made, but I am still enjoying the game or I wouldn't be playing it. I understand some are not, and support you in moving on to something you enjoy more. Life is bigger than WoW, and there are many ways to have a good one.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    For the most part I am, otherwise I'd have unsubbed. But that's not to say there hasn't been some major fuck ups and bad design choices made in BfA's short lifespan so far. Besides the art/music, the game does feel like a step back from Legion to me.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

nope but i wont interrupt my sub, never have never will
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I'm personally having fun with it, and will continue playing for the foreseeable future, although my enjoyment for the most part comes from the social aspect of all my IRL friends resubbing.

As for the game itself this expansion has been a gigantic let-down. I'm not entirely in the "The sky is falling!" camp, but I do think BfA has been a downgrade from Legion in most if not all ways.

The one positive I do have is that the end game content in Uldir and M+ feels really good, but all the new stuff is either unrewarding, unengaging or both.
    Last edited by Ahrean; 2018-09-14 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MinTDH View Post
    Nope, letting my sub run out. I'll be keeping an eye on the patch content, but there's really nothing for me to do and i'm uninterested in the systems they've presented.

Strawpoll can be cheesed?

No, no it can't. :^)
    Is this more an issue for casuals then? Because the dungeons and raid are good, so I feel the expansion is just getting started.

Not dissing those who play casually - more to life than computer games and all that - just trying to appreciate various points of view.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I am enjoying it. I am a holy/ret paladin (holy main, ret for questing) and I have not hit anything in the expansion that I go "wtf" over. I like the island expeditions, I like the raid and I like the instances. I also like the world quests (no kirin tor bubble trap) and so far I've enjoyed warfront and the pvp. I am an all over the place type of casual

However, if I did spend much more time on the game and would overdo most of the content I can see how I'd probably be on board with the negativity-train thats going on. And yes, me and my wife will be resubbing for the foreseeable future.

Yep quite enjoying it. From little what I've seen it's looking cool. New is always better than old in my opinion. There's a lot of stuff that is mediocre at best, but the zones, the dungeons they are all good. So far, have enjoyed it a lot. Hope blizz can fix the most serious problems, would hate to see this expac being abandoned because of community backlash.

Deleted
    hell nah. At this point im only waiting for classic

I'm enjoying myself, but it's clear this expansion is lacking in content. Island expeditions are terribly implements, and Warfronts do not appeal to me in the slightest. I'm enjoying it, because the leveling was new and interesting, and I'm pushing through heroic Uldir. Once the raiding is on farm, or gets old... then this expansion will have very little to offer me.