Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best System to distribute Personal Loot?

I've been using PersonalLootHelper up until now to see who can trade their drops.
    Although the addon is not really accurate. It sometimes doesn't catch that the player can trade a ring or can't trade an off-hand.
    From there I just ask the player if he needs it. If yes he keeps it, if no people roll and it gets traded away.

That's just a band-aid method right now. How do you guys handle loot? Are there better addons out there?

Edit: Should maybe add that this question is for mythic guild groups, not pugs or casual groups.
    Last edited by GringoD; 2018-09-14 at 09:25 AM.

Deleted
    We are a world ~2000 guild - we clear half a tier on myhic on average.

Since loot and ilvl are never the issues that hinder our progress, we are as flexible as possible - if you don't need it, offer it for /roll; DE is forbidden unless no one rolls.

BigDumbLootCouncil shows who can trade their loot.

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    How do you guys handle loot?
    I handle loot by letting everyone enjoy theirs in peace.

Bring back Master Loot. Sucks having a warforged/titanforge piece but can't use it cause you have better or its same item level but horrible stats but also can't trade it cause it proc'd warforge/titanforge.

10+ Year Old Account
    When we kill a boss, RC Loot Council shows the raid leader who can trade items. Then he asks them if they wanna keep it or not. If they wanna give it away, the ‘normal’ window pops up and the process is same as ML. Only difference is the person need to trade the item, which is also almost automated by the addon. You just press ‘trade’ button when the other person is in range
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    best system to distribute personal loot is to let people keep their loot unless they volunteer it and stop harassing them.
    I'd rather moderate it than let my raiders do it themselves. If I don't ask the question, others will (if not open then in whisper) and there's the chance of chaos in chat if multiple items get rolled for at once. And if they want to keep it, they just need to say so and I move on to the next, no big deal. Sets a good example, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    BigDumbLootCouncil shows who can trade their loot.
    I'll try that one, thanks!

It's called personal loot for a reason. Get the fuck away from my shinies or I'll bite your face off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I handle loot by letting everyone enjoy theirs in peace.
    Pretty much this. If someone wants to put something up for roll, that's their choice.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I give it to page 2 before this breaks into massive ML vs PL debates (which for the hard of reading I actually don't care about).

OT: RCLootcouncil works well for our guild. We're encouraged to provide keep stat weightings up to date on pawn so we can provide accurate % increases on the Notes (massively helps with understanding who actually benefits the most from the item). The item trade is also voluntary so no-one cries fowl of loot being "stolen" from them.

it works really well but it can be a bit obnoxious if raider A trades his item to raider B during trash, everyone will get a pop up for the item

it's still very good though, because you can also see what every other raider has if raider A can trade.

you should prioritise getting every person in your raid 1 uldir azerite piece for the re-origination buff.

I've been using PersonalLootHelper up until now to see who can trade their drops.
    Although the addon is not really accurate. It sometimes doesn't catch that the player can trade a ring or can't trade an off-hand.
    From there I just ask the player if he needs it. If yes he keeps it, if no people roll and it gets traded away.

That's just a band-aid method right now. How do you guys handle loot? Are there better addons out there?

Edit: Should maybe add that this question is for mythic guild groups, not pugs or casual groups.
    Your addon is working fine. What you need to keep in mind is: if you have 2 rings equipped 340. You loot one 385. Then you loot one more 385. You will not be able to trade the 2nd 385. You can trade the 2nd one only if when you got your 1st 385 you flip it between both ring slots. Same goes for trinkets.

Weapons work on a weapon type principle. E.g. I have 375 staff. I looted 370 dagger. I cannot trade the dagger away as I have never looted a dagger that high before. The 375 staff only allows me to trade away other staves, not other weapon types. I am not 100% sure, but I think offhands are classified also as their own type, e.g. a 370 dagger doesnt let u trade away 370 offhands. Only 370 offhands "unlock" your slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    you should prioritise getting every person in your raid 1 uldir azerite piece for the re-origination buff.
    Agree 100% here. The reorigination stacking makes this a no brainer for overall raid performance. Also thankfully doesn't require you to have the Azerite pieces to start building the stacks, just need to kill 3x Uldir bosses a week.

What we do is ask if anyone has any loot to trade and link it. Then the raid leader or whoever is assigned for the task just calls for people to roll on the items one by one.
    You want everyone to link what they can share first so when you start rolling you can start with the warforged before the normal one of a duplicate drop and similar issues. As long as people know that they need to shut up and let loot get sorted things are OK. If people cannot behave, give them a warning and tell them that whoever does this again does not get to roll for such loot for the next X runs. Late in a raid it can get a bit messier since someone might ask if they might have a piece of loot for mog so make it clear it's always up to the person to decide if they will trade something or not.

As for people volunteering loot they end up not being able to share, it happens

- - - Updated - - -

People often volunteer loot, especially after the first couple of clears. And it can get messy if 3-4 people want to share loot at the same time and link them in chat because you cannot tell who rolled for what.
    I think there's addons for that. My guild used it in Antorus. Can't remember its name, though. Makes a window pop up with need (mainspec), greed (offspec), and mog and does a 1-100 roll.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Bring back Master Loot. Sucks having a warforged/titanforge piece but can't use it cause you have better or its same item level but horrible stats but also can't trade it cause it proc'd warforge/titanforge.
    If it's the same ilvl you can trade it.

best system to distribute personal loot is to let people keep their loot unless they volunteer it and stop harassing them.
    ^ what he said, it's personal luck for the item to drop, each contribute to kill a boos. no1 should be entitled to get a guy's drop luck.
    If that person who was lucky to get a drop has better, sure make all of them /roll or use the RC Loot addon, but if he needs it.. let him keep it wtf

I'd rather moderate it than let my raiders do it themselves. If I don't ask the question, others will (if not open then in whisper) and there's the chance of chaos in chat if multiple items get rolled for at once. And if they want to keep it, they just need to say so and I move on to the next, no big deal. Sets a good example, right?

If everyone has PLH you can let them sort out the loot. The addon handles the rolling and shows them the ilvl upgrade.

What we do is let the one who got the drop decide who won, usually they just go for the player that rolled the highest but I gave away a couple of items where the player rolled the lowest because it was the biggest upgrade for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    We use RCLootCouncil - seems to be ok so far, like I did not hear excessive QQ from officers, meaning it's decent.

I mean ethically, it's their loot, they can do whatever they want to do with it. If they want to give it to whomever has the sexiest voice on discord, it's their prerogative.
    I fear that this approach will inevitably create drama and animosity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Spoken like a true LFR raider. The raiders have in 99,99% of cases agreed to a new form of loot distribution system, if they didt like it, they would leave so they are not being harassed.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s