Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Vanilla and Sharding

Hey guys just wanted to talk about sharding. I hope to god that they dont add sharding in classic. Sharding was first introduced in Legion in order to have a smooth launch, and it did achieve it but it desotroys an aspect of the game at the same time. Classic on launch day is gonna be mental. Everyone and their grandmother are gonna try it, ESPICIALLY if classic is included into the sub fee and not having to 'pay' for the game. So please blizzard, do not add sharding. I know they said no changes, and while this is technically not a change that will affect the content, it is a change in my eyes that affects the game regardless. I mean i remeber during legion, i was on high pop realm, and outside stormwind theres always a ton of people dueling. But with sharding i literally remember that it waas completey EMPTY, and then i go do something like raid or bg, then i come bk, and all of a sudden all the people are there. Another isntance is when there were people there, but once the limit of how many people can be in a shard exceeded, all of sudden they all dissaper. This is just such an unnatural thing in an mmo. Im not sure if blizz has stated anywhere regarding sharding but pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase do not add it. I dont care if it means launch day will be a little laggy or server ques might be a lttle longer (not sure if it affects that) but logging in and seeing so many other people around u whilst lvling is such a cool feeling. its onyl with Legion and bfa that lvling was somewhat empty. everyone despite being on the same server were in different shards.

What do u guys think?
    Last edited by mmoce8ed29874f; 2018-09-14 at 09:37 AM.

walloftextcritsmeforabazilliondamageandidie

Deleted
    lol omg guys. Okay fine .... TLDR: Sharding or nah for classic
    I vote nah

The ol masochists want to have 50 people questing for the same mobs with slow respawn times for that authentic feeling of Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post

like WHAT THE FUCK was this shit ass company waiting for when i was the only character logged in on the whole horde side at the end of cata

Definitely none of their newfangled technology. No cross-realm anything, no sharding, no group finder etc

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    Hey guys just wanted to talk about sharding. I hope to god that they dont add sharding in classic. Sharding was first introduced in Legion in order to have a smooth launch, and it did achieve it but it desotroys an aspect of the game at the same time. Classic on launch day is gonna be mental. Everyone and their grandmother are gonna try it, ESPICIALLY if classic is included into the sub fee and not having to 'pay' for the game. So please blizzard, do not add sharding. I know they said no changes, and while this is technically not a change that will affect the content, it is a change in my eyes that affects the game regardless. I mean i remeber during legion, i was on high pop realm, and outside stormwind theres always a ton of people dueling. But with sharding i literally remember that it waas completey EMPTY, and then i go do something like raid or bg, then i come bk, and all of a sudden all the people are there. Another isntance is when there were people there, but once the limit of how many people can be in a shard exceeded, all of sudden they all dissaper. This is just such an unnatural thing in an mmo. Im not sure if blizz has stated anywhere regarding sharding but pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase do not add it. I dont care if it means launch day will be a little laggy or server ques might be a lttle longer (not sure if it affects that) but logging in and seeing so many other people around u whilst lvling is such a cool feeling. its onyl with Legion and bfa that lvling was somewhat empty. everyone despite being on the same server were in different shards.

What do u guys think?
    i also wish they dont add multitaging of mobs just so that people who are dead set against modern systems spend a week on hogger .

this will teach them true meaning of rose tinted glasses

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i also wish they dont add multitaging of mobs just so that people who are dead set against modern systems spend a week on hogger .

this will teach them true meaning of rose tinted glasses
    Why do people persist with the rose-tinted glasses argument, instead of accepting that some people prefer different gameplay and LESS convenience?

lol omg guys. Okay fine .... TLDR: Sharding or nah for classic
    I vote nah
    There's gonna be sharding because it's gonna run with the current Blizzard infrastructure. If vanilla cucks can't handle it then they should stay on servers like Nost/LH who btw also use sharding, lul

What do u guys think?
    Do you genuinely expect anyone to read this wall of text?
    https://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Paragraph

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    Why do people persist with the rose-tinted glasses argument, instead of accepting that some people prefer different gameplay and LESS convenience?
    Because the reason Classic even exists is because the vast majority of people who want it claimed it was better than live wow.

And the rose-tinted-glasses argument is still valid because it's entirely true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    they need to leave the servers alone, but merge them in time when people stop playing

like WHAT THE FUCK was this shit ass company waiting for when i was the only character logged in on the whole horde side at the end of cata
    They want money from you for transer. Easy as that.

Oh and, no sharding in classic. Leave it as it was. Will probably be fewer realms anyway this time.

Deleted
    You might need it in the initial week; but i very much doubt it will even be noticeable after that. Sharding or no sharding; it won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    The ol masochists want to have 50 people questing for the same mobs with slow respawn times for that authentic feeling of Classic.
    which isn't the "authentic feelic of classic", unless you're playing during the first few weeks of release.

Server pride was a big part of the experience back then, so I believe sharding would be highly detrimental to the game.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    There's gonna be sharding because it's gonna run with the current Blizzard infrastructure. If vanilla cucks can't handle it then they should stay on servers like Nost/LH who btw also use sharding, lul
    llol they do?, do they state that? '
    sharding does destroy an aspect of this game... thats my whole problem

llol they do?, do they state that? '
    sharding does destroy an aspect of this game... thats my whole problem
    They already said they have to go with their current structure, that means Battle.net along with other upgrades among the years. Also why they're getting modellers to do vanilla style reworks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    To be fair, it would fair weed out the amount of people playing early on.

Deleted
    They already said they have to go with their current structure, that means Battle.net along with other upgrades among the years. Also why they're getting modellers to do vanilla style reworks
    yea i know they said current infrastructure but i doubt that means server tech like phasing and sharding etc.., but maybe. But i was asking about the private servers if they mentioned it anywhere.

sharding just feels so unnatrural.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Because the reason Classic even exists is because the vast majority of people who want it claimed it was better than live wow.

And the rose-tinted-glasses argument is still valid because it's entirely true.
    To me it is better and probably to all those people too. Why is that difficult to understand? It's not rose-tinted specs at all.

I've played on PServers for 4 years. I've played retail for 4 months in that same time frame. The only thing that brings ME back to Retail is rose-tinted specs. I remember how good it USED to be. Then I play it and get bored in a month and unsub.

Sequels to movies are rarely better. Nobody says "rose-tined specs" if you prefer the first iteration.

yea i know they said current infrastructure but i doubt that means server tech like phasing and sharding etc.., but maybe. But i was asking about the private servers if they mentioned it anywhere.

sharding just feels so unnatrural.
    You're gonna get phasing and sharding. The current tech can't sustain that many people in single zones, even servers like Nost had a delay of upwards to 3 seconds when the server reached peak hours and it lasted for months.

Deleted
    You're gonna get phasing and sharding. The current tech can't sustain that many people in single zones, even servers like Nost had a delay of upwards to 3 seconds when the server reached peak hours and it lasted for months.
    yea we'll see,
    id rather have that than people dissapearing all of a sudden, or places that are normally full being empty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    You might need it in the initial week; but i very much doubt it will even be noticeable after that. Sharding or no sharding; it won't matter.
    it does matter tho people start dissapering whne the limit is reached, and places that are normally full are no all of suddne empty even tho ur one the SAME server.
    it sux, pleease blizzard do not add it.