Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alliance Fun leveling my Dark Iron

I think I made right decision in going Badlands.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    New races interacting with old quests can lead to hilarious results.

(Please excuse the terrible quality of these ancient pictures :P )

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    New races interacting with old quests can lead to hilarious results.

(Please excuse the terrible quality of these ancient pictures :P )
    lol those are good. I am wondering how it will look/feel when my Dark Iron kills his King? That will be weird. From a RP (I don't RP with others in WoW, but do RP in my own head a fair bit) perspective, am I time-traveling? Preserving a timeline? Or was it something that had to happen to save the Dark Irons? I may have to revisit my lore, trying to remember if the old King had good or bad motives for all he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    lol those are good. I am wondering how it will look/feel when my Dark Iron kills his King? That will be weird. From a RP (I don't RP with others in WoW, but do RP in my own head a fair bit) perspective, am I time-traveling? Preserving a timeline? Or was it something that had to happen to save the Dark Irons? I may have to revisit my lore, trying to remember if the old King had good or bad motives for all he did.
    Thaurissan was, by all accounts, well-respected by the Dark Irons (if not necessarily loved; their society seems too Lawful Evil for that prior to Moira's reformations and joining the Alliance). The leveling timeline being as fucked as it is, you can safely ignore anything pre-Hyjal/Vashj'ir. So insofar as you try to fit a BRD run into a personal canon, there's a few ways to go about it--tragically having to bring him down to end Ragnaros's hold over the Dark Irons, rebelling for fun and profit, or being tasked by Bronzes to maintain the timeline (Thaurissan has to die so Moira can take the throne as regent and bring the Dark Irons to the Alliance, so you can fulfill your destiny as an adventurer, so you kill him so Moira...).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Thaurissan was, by all accounts, well-respected by the Dark Irons (if not necessarily loved; their society seems too Lawful Evil for that prior to Moira's reformations and joining the Alliance). The leveling timeline being as fucked as it is, you can safely ignore anything pre-Hyjal/Vashj'ir. So insofar as you try to fit a BRD run into a personal canon, there's a few ways to go about it--tragically having to bring him down to end Ragnaros's hold over the Dark Irons, rebelling for fun and profit, or being tasked by Bronzes to maintain the timeline (Thaurissan has to die so Moira can take the throne as regent and bring the Dark Irons to the Alliance, so you can fulfill your destiny as an adventurer, so you kill him so Moira...).
    Dark Iron were in a weird spot of being slaves to Ragnaros, which is why their transition into the Alliance has gone so smooth; many of them weren't evil.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Dark Iron were in a weird spot of being slaves to Ragnaros, which is why their transition into the Alliance has gone so smooth; many of them weren't evil.
    From what we see in The Shattering and BFA/datamined PC lines, I'd say the average Dark Iron is either a very light shade of LE or a notably hardhearted shade of LN (not that that should prevent players from coming up with interesting alternatives; every good RP rulebook mentions that it takes an oddball to make adventuring their career in the first place). Less "kill them all!" and more "Fuck you, the law says this" or "OK but is it against the law tho?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I made right decision in going Badlands.

That NPCs name really bothers me as a Nordic man. Sigrun is a female name, dang nabbit!

They should rename the bastard ''Sigurd''.

And yeah, leveling Dark Iron/Worgen etc is pretty fun with certain quests. xD
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Fun leveling
    LOL, 'fun leveling'... suuuuurrrre.

From what we see in The Shattering and BFA/datamined PC lines, I'd say the average Dark Iron is either a very light shade of LE or a notably hardhearted shade of LN (not that that should prevent players from coming up with interesting alternatives; every good RP rulebook mentions that it takes an oddball to make adventuring their career in the first place). Less "kill them all!" and more "Fuck you, the law says this" or "OK but is it against the law tho?"
    You have to recall that the Dark Iron have entered into Dwarven society fairly easily, no violence for instance, the just merged right in. The only evil ones all went Twilight.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    That NPCs name really bothers me as a Nordic man. Sigrun is a female name, dang nabbit!

Did you just assume that npcs gender? #triggered

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Did you just assume that npcs gender? #triggered
    Fite me. >:c
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Not having fun leveling my mag'har orc since some npc dont call me mag'har orc, but just an orc. Thats an insult, comparing me to these corrupted filthy greenskins.

Good thoughts - thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    LOL, 'fun leveling'... suuuuurrrre.
    Fun for sure, especially when I get to replay old classics!

- - - Updated - - -

Make new friends...

- - - Updated - - -

Pose for screenshots after boss kills together...

I think going back in time to your timeline as an alternative timeline orc to kill your alternate timeline family and friends and then come to Azeroth after that alternate timelines threat by someone who is from that timeline which should cause a paradox in the time continuum that later joins the Horde that they are already apart of, that’s far more hilarious.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The void elf player character also runs into this problem:

Last edited by Varodoc; 2018-09-14 at 04:34 PM.

And of course this whole quest line was one of Blizz's best ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    You have to recall that the Dark Iron have entered into Dwarven society fairly easily, no violence for instance, the just merged right in. The only evil ones all went Twilight.
    There was a lot of trouble integrating, if I remember the book right. There was nearly a riot after the Dark Irons began imprisoning mages without charges or trial, only averted by High Priest Rohan and Anduin intervening long enough for Ironforge's captain of the guard (whose name escapes me) to reestablish order.

edit: Also, in the Three Hammers short story, there were nearly riots again because the Dark Irons were kinda being giant assholes and the Wildhammers started calling foul, prompting Kurdran to try and figure out a solution that would bring the three clans closer together; it was after that whole comedy of errors that the three clans started gelling (that and Moira showing Falstad and Muradin up by being the only clan to show up in Blood in the Snow).
    Last edited by Thage; 2018-09-14 at 11:30 PM.

Shouldn't all the post-Cataclysm quests be from a time when Dark Irons were back in Ironforge as part of the Alliance, as Moira turned up after Magni turned to diamond trying to hold the world together.

In fact as the Dark Irons joined the Alliance at the same time dwarves got the option to roll warlocks I always assumed my grey-skinned dwarf-lock was a DI.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post

Looks pretty female to me! Just like Nordic women!

I feel races who will also experience this if they get added are Naga, Ogres, Gnolls, and Quilboars