Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

So, lets just admit the elephant in the room

Wow 1 needs to die its death. At this point it is no different than an 800 lb person who everyone wonders how it functions day to day. Now I dont say this to say the game is bad, its just gotten too big and bloated. If you really think otherwise, lets take a gander at what the game is in its current state shall we?

- while only being a "mere" 58GB on the drive, it does this with graphics that, lets be honest here, are still 14 years old. yes its how the game was supposed to be and the style is the entire reason the game files are not requiring their own TB drive for the game, because if they had done everything the way the rest of the games are done with graphics over everything else, you would never fit it on older hard drives, or any kind of SSD

- as it currently stands at the release of BFA, we now have 109,845 unique items, 108,751 sounds, 12955 objects (world interactable things), 116,182 NPC's and, get this goodie, 26,873 quests

and lets be honest, we dont need to add to that. we need a fresh slate for the game to be built on, not a 15 year old jenga tower that is starting to collapse. I really dont even want to know how bad that looks from the coding side, let alone the debugging it takes to make things work anymore.

But how would it work? They flat out told us that with all the problems the scaling took, a level squish would be far, far worse. And we cant really make it so that its so bad to start fresh if they do a wow 2 that everyone who is feels they have to spend all the time in old wow to not be so left out. is there a good solution to this growing problem or do we just accept that its coming close to the time we just let the game die out and accept that all starting fresh(ish) is the only real option.
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

O, ya know, maybe it just need to be improved. But no, sure, let's say it should die. Great thread.

This game has been a part of my life for 14 years. That is like saying ok its time to kill my cat because she sneezed.

Or you can just move on with your life.

The game doesn't need to die, especially not to cater to people suffering from ex-partner syndrome. I for one find new MMORPGs shallow and lacking when compared.

I present to you..... EverQuest. Still truckin' along.

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn these threads don't stop coming, and they don't stop coming, and they don't stop coming...

And it's that massive world that makes this game so great for me personally. If they really went and made a "wow 2" I probably wouldn't play it.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If a serious drop of players ever happens that for example drops total players under 500.000, WoW will probably go free to play/premium store, for at least 10 years and not actually die.

They already have the "free" level 20 account rules and Class Trials they can easily convert into some freemium ruleset, and expand the shop.

Not that I like such design at all over a subscription, it's just an example.

I would try out a WoW-2 with a subscription model , but only if it's 100% seperate from WoW-1, no crossover content at all, and big plus if it had like a couple 1000 year timeskip.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-09-12 at 08:46 PM.

I feel like this is one of the last expansions. The so-called "South Seas" expansion has been speculated for god knows how long. For many expansions in a row, this was to be speculated to be the next one. Finally, we've got it. This is the South Seas expansion. Kul Tiras, Zandalar, Voyages to small uncharted islands, Azshara as a final boss in the second raid. There is a real chance that N'Zoth is going to be the final boss of this expansion. After that, what is even left? With the state the game is in now, I feel like Blizzard can't set this right anymore. Even in WoD, it took a couple of months for the shit to hit the fan with 6.1. We're barely 1 month into BFA and it is already a big chaos, manyspongebobsinbrainonfire.jpg.

Announcement of Classic wow is also maybe a hint. I think we're driving the final miles boys.

"Wow 1 needs to die its death. At this point it is no different than an 800 lb person who everyone wonders how it functions day to day."

Op isn't very smart, especially writing his own thread.

But your divine logic you're saying an 800lb person should just die, instead of just I don't know... improving himself....getting healthier....getting rid of all the useless fat that makes stupid topic posts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    And it's that massive world that makes this game so great for me personally. If they really went and made a "wow 2" I probably wouldn't play it.
    I think everyone who says that would play it if they pulled the plug on regular wow.

Is OP advocating euthanesia for the feeble or something? I can't tell.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I present to you..... EverQuest. Still truckin' along.
    Exactly. If EQ can do it, WoW will certainly truck on forever, even after they release WoW 2, WoW 3, WoW 4...

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    Wow 1 needs to die its death. At this point it is no different than an 800 lb person who everyone wonders how it functions day to day. Now I dont say this to say the game is bad, its just gotten too big and bloated. If you really think otherwise, lets take a gander at what the game is in its current state shall we?

- while only being a "mere" 58GB on the drive, it does this with graphics that, lets be honest here, are still 14 years old. yes its how the game was supposed to be and the style is the entire reason the game files are not requiring their own TB drive for the game, because if they had done everything the way the rest of the games are done with graphics over everything else, you would never fit it on older hard drives, or any kind of SSD

- as it currently stands at the release of BFA, we now have 109,845 unique items, 108,751 sounds, 12955 objects (world interactable things), 116,182 NPC's and, get this goodie, 26,873 quests

and lets be honest, we dont need to add to that. we need a fresh slate for the game to be built on, not a 15 year old jenga tower that is starting to collapse. I really dont even want to know how bad that looks from the coding side, let alone the debugging it takes to make things work anymore.

But how would it work? They flat out told us that with all the problems the scaling took, a level squish would be far, far worse. And we cant really make it so that its so bad to start fresh if they do a wow 2 that everyone who is feels they have to spend all the time in old wow to not be so left out. is there a good solution to this growing problem or do we just accept that its coming close to the time we just let the game die out and accept that all starting fresh(ish) is the only real option.
    First off. No.
    Second. *Elekk in the room

Woo, another stupid "WoW is too old and needs to die!" thread. How dull. I've been playing almost non-stop since Vanilla and it sure could be improved, WOW is far from too old or w/e imo. I still enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I feel like this is one of the last expansions.
    I've heard this statement every single expansion since I started playing.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I feel like this is one of the last expansions..
    As others have felt about every damned expansion coming before this one.

I remember being told that WOTLK for sure was the final one. Fancy that.
    Ain't no company gonna stop making a title bringing in billion-dollar figures, hence why they've made it clear that as long as people keep playing, they'll keep making expansions.

Everquest says hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    Well they're making it work so... Should probably leave it to the dev team to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    "Wow 1 needs to die its death. At this point it is no different than an 800 lb person who everyone wonders how it functions day to day."

Op isn't very smart, especially writing his own thread.

But your divine logic you're saying an 800lb person should just die, instead of just I don't know... improving himself....getting healthier....getting rid of all the useless fat that makes stupid topic posts ?
    Reminds me of a card from some kinda kids game on environmentalism or something that basically said "Although being healthy is good for you, being obese is ultimately better for the environment because you don't live as long"

I don't think I would start a fresh new mmo from zero. 26k+ achieve points, 300+ mounts (store mounts), all pets rare most of them lvl 25, toys, titles, xmogs... Uhh. But if they erased the world like they should have done with Deathwing, and rebuilt everything, we get to keep everything just the world is different. Count me in I guess, if the quality goes up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I've heard this statement every single expansion since I started playing.
    tbh, I had figured going to Argus would be the last thing we would do in WoW... but look who proved me wrong.