Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Stood in the Fire riptal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I can't believe I actually have to say this.

    Just because you enjoy A, B & C does not mean there are no problems like X, Y & Z.

    Can we stop these idiotic debates between these two groups of people and actually come together as a community to see what improvements can be made?
    This is not a competition to see who is right.

    I personally do not like the narrative at all this expansion.
    Things are conveniently forgotten or happen.
    Faction leaders behaving in idiotic manners.
    stereotypical results as we have come to expect from blizzard regarding these two factions.
    Or how irritatingly Kultiras looks like the size of Northrend on the map but is probably half its size at best.
    Or how we are TOLD more than actually SHOWN. Horde has control of Kalimdor and warring with the NEs in a guerrilla war?! Amazing. Let me see that! Oh... its still cataclysm zones...

    But.

    Does that mean I did not enjoy the stories told in Kultiras or Zanadalar? Absolutely not. I found them perfectly enjoyable.
    Does that negate what I mentioned earlier? Any sane person would say no.

    EDIT: in case it was not clear. I will repeat again.
    Just because people have issues with the game as it is then it does not mean you shouldn't or can't enjoy it.
    Nor does it mean if others don't enjoy it that they should or shut up about it.
    That is not productive or constructive either.
    You are targeting the wrong people! There's way more people, specially on this forum, who hate and yell at everybody that BFA is trash and Wow is dead just because they don't like it. So can you at least let alone those who are a bit optimistic?
    Last edited by riptal; 2018-09-14 at 06:56 PM.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    PSA: Just because you have gripes does not mean that the game is dying or some other absurd bullshit. If the general approach to problems wasn't "GAME'S FUCKING TERRIBLE, M8" and rather more like "I think there's a problem here, guys, let me explain. What do you think?" we might get somewhere.
    The problem is that even when your argument presented nicely, the (self appointed?) Blizzard Defense Squad comes in full force with BS like "cool, now unsub", "why are you still playing" and other niceties. Which begs the question about why being nice in the first place when it comes to criticizing.

    Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    Maybe because since 14 years we had seen more than enough posts like "Wow is dead" or "xxxx expac is Killing Wow". When you talk about objective and constructive and nicely presented arguments, it doesnt go well with majority of haters on this website. When people are whining, they don't go nicely!
    In my experience, it doesn't go well with the white knights. Haters will hate, sure, but have you seen what the "opposite faction" is like, so to speak?
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2018-09-14 at 07:09 PM.
    About the QoL crowd in Classic:
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    it's like joining a roleplaying server and demanding that rp only be done in private channels. Yes, the rp is still there, but your demands are actively ruining the rp experience of other players who wanted to play in a world where people act like their in-game characters personas. You know, the people the servers are actually made for.

  3. #83
    Stood in the Fire riptal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The problem is that even when your argument presented nicely, the (self appointed?) Blizzard Defense Squad comes in full force with BS like "cool, now unsub", "why are you still playing" and other niceties. Which begs the question about why being nice in the first place when it comes to criticizing.
    Maybe because since 14 years we had seen more than enough posts like "Wow is dead" or "xxxx expac is Killing Wow". When you talk about objective and constructive and nicely presented arguments, it doesnt go well with majority of haters on this website. When people are whining, they don't go nicely!
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Not everything. A lot of it is personal opinions.
    Assumptions only come up when people make claims.



    Jesus I am have to deflect trolls than actually having a constructive discussion.
    Maybe that's just your own insecurities? If you enjoy something does not mean others do as well.
    And when they voice it, its not a personal attack towards you.
    Don't get angry m8. You have to come to terms with the fact that there are a lot of people in these boards who have invested so much time, money and passion in the game that they can't imagine their livelihood without it. For them, it isn't a game, but rather a twisted sort of religion, so any criticism towards the game -founded or not- it's perceived as a personal attack. Hence the rampart fanboi trolling.
    About the QoL crowd in Classic:
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    it's like joining a roleplaying server and demanding that rp only be done in private channels. Yes, the rp is still there, but your demands are actively ruining the rp experience of other players who wanted to play in a world where people act like their in-game characters personas. You know, the people the servers are actually made for.

  5. #85
    Legendary! OneWay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Tesseract
    Posts
    6,610
    You are right but keep in mind that debates are usually the most productive.
    "The Dark Lady chooses her champions well."

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by iDadio View Post
    Surely the people you want these people to come together with are the reverse side of the coin though who think BFA is 100% bad without accepting what's done right.

    But in most regards I agree with what you're saying, I havn't seen such a disparity of opinion on the state / systems of a game for some time.
    So what was done right?

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Jesus I am have to deflect trolls than actually having a constructive discussion.
    Maybe that's just your own insecurities? If you enjoy something does not mean others do as well.
    And when they voice it, its not a personal attack towards you.
    This is something all the forums struggle with. It's virtually impossible to criticize anything in WoW without someone trolling out the "You should quit" response. And the worst part is how weak of a response it is. All it's really saying is: "I don't want to hear an opinion that I don't like, and you should quit so that I don't EVER have to hear criticism!"

    What I find most annoying about it is that it's ok for people to spew that kind of negative, useless response to virtually anything that gets said, but the second you call someone out for white-knighting, or blatantly trolling legitimate criticisms, it's not ok and the mods come down on you. It's so bass ackwards.

    And last of all, it completely ignores the simple fact that many times people are posting criticisms because they want to see a particular situation or aspect of the game IMPROVE. They love the game just as much as anyone else and want to see it get better. But simply disagreeing, or even simply not posting glowing praise, is somehow not tolrated and we should all quit. :/

  8. #88
    I can't believe I actually have to say this.

    Just because you enjoy A, B & C does not mean there are no problems like X, Y & Z. I personally do not like the narrative at all this expansion.

    Things are conveniently forgotten or happen.
    Faction leaders behaving in idiotic manners.
    stereotypical results as we have come to expect from blizzard regarding these two factions.
    Or how irritatingly Kultiras looks like the size of Northrend on the map but is probably half its size at best.
    Or how we are TOLD more than actually SHOWN. Horde has control of Kalimdor and warring with the NEs in a guerrilla war?! Amazing. Let me see that! Oh... its still cataclysm zones...
    A lot of people here must be new or have wiped xpacs like cataclysm completely from their memory. Every xpac released has had issues of some type with some ideas that turned out to be just ok or not for everyone, weird/predictable story (Who didn't know vol'jin was gonna be warchief at the end of MoP before the xpac was even released? for example) etc.

    You can talk about your opinions even if they aren't the same as the next persons opinions, i for one hated artifact weapons based on long term video game design and not making players feel like they are gods. Some people liked 2 button healing in Wrath as well, doesn't mean that was good for the game. (No i don't think azerite armor is perfect either)

    Feedback even negative is always welcome. Any good developer will tell you they are open for constructive discussions.
    Blizzard wont/cant read all 5 billion threads made on the internet so likely a waste of your time making a new one when there are already highly active open threads on all these issues, best to add to those discussions.

    (Don't let the trolls discourage you)
    Last edited by Bahska; 2018-09-14 at 11:47 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •