How Battle for Azeroth Could be Fantastic

This is mostly a copy of an article I from Reddit/wow but I think the ideas are worth discussing.

Warfronts needs to have PvP version(Both bg and competitive) and a Mythic PvE version with very high difficulties that function like a single boss raid.

Island needs to have better rewards for PvE as well as Mythic+ versions added with affixes. However, there should also be more focus on the PvP version as it is the only iteration that is currently enjoyable. Add leaderboards, honor and pvp gear etc.

HoA either needs to scale the traits instead of unlocking them or to simply add a new ring for each tier and have each ring be unlocked at the same level on all items.

Warmode needs world PvP quests. Especially warmode quests that have you attacking or defending a village whereas the other faction gets the same. So all horde gets a pop of World quests to defend the Crossroads as an example and all Alliance gets one to attack it. While active the zone gives bonus honor and it should give greater rewards to the side that wins.

The article ofc goes into greater details and fleshes out all of these concepts.

https://www.progamerreview.com/battl...sed-potential/
    We humans have to stick together

I agree with you on the HoA, but if you don't PvP, nothing else you say really matters.

I'm sure those changes would make it more enjoyable for the PvPers though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, on the pvp front, I wish they'd put pvp objectives all over the old map. It'd actually FEEL like a battle for azeroth.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I agree with you on the HoA, but if you don't PvP, nothing else you say really matters.

I'm sure those changes would make it more enjoyable for the PvPers though.
    Mythic PVE warfronts and Mythic + Island expeditions with better loot would not be an improvement for Pve'ers?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Honestly, on the pvp front, I wish they'd put pvp objectives all over the old map. It'd actually FEEL like a battle for azeroth.
    Yea its a wierd decision not to have Pvp world quests

Deleted
    You cant have islands with m+ affixec since it is only 3 man content and reworking it for 5 man is kinda stupid since we areldy have dungeons. + better rewards from islands also cannot be implemented becouse content is too trivial. This feature should never existed in first place. It is another instaced stuff to do nothing els.

A lot more would need to be done for BFA to be fantastic. The 2 things you mentioned are side dishes. For BFA to be fantastic, the main course needs to be a lot better. Right now it's just legion all over again, with get to max level and then start your rep grinds. I do like warfronts in terms of an even easier mode LFR with guaranteed drops, but there is almost nothing really fun about them and now that Im max 340 in all the available slots, no reason to do them again. IEs I'm just not getting into either, I got zero loot items and after doing 4-5 it's just boring.

I don't know what is needed to make BFA fantastic. I relly liked WQs when Legion came out, but they needed to have done something to make them more interesting, spicy, something.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    The main issue, to me at least, is that the Heart of Azeroth is boring. You get to make two choices: this trait or this trait and this trait or this trait. The third one is always just a flat, "Your item is a teensy bit stronger now, woohoo!" bonus.

It's boring. There's less choices to make than talents. Could they not give us more options? More tiers?

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Mythic PVE warfronts and Mythic + Island expeditions with better loot would not be an improvement for Pve'ers?
    I'm not the OP and I'm not a PVP'er at all, but I'm enjoying the PVE warfront and mythic expeditions currently. But by the next time the warfront comes around, I won't have any reason to run it on my main (without a mythic version, at least). And the mythic island expeditions will probably be too easy as soon as next week, so I think M+ versions of those would be really cool too.

I have no idea what the rewards should be for either of those features. Enough to motivate me to do them, but not enough to make me grind them beyond the per-week number I'm already doing I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    The main issue, to me at least, is that the Heart of Azeroth is boring. You get to make two choices: this trait or this trait and this trait or this trait. The third one is always just a flat, "Your item is a teensy bit stronger now, woohoo!" bonus.

It's boring. There's less choices to make than talents. Could they not give us more options? More tiers?
    Also it takes 4-5 levels before you even get to make that choice.

The artifact power grind was tedious, but at least at the end of every rank you got to press a button and get some lights and noise. Azerite makes you grind a bunch of times before you even get to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    A lot more would need to be done for BFA to be fantastic. The 2 things you mentioned are side dishes. For BFA to be fantastic, the main course needs to be a lot better. Right now it's just legion all over again, with get to max level and then start your rep grinds. I do like warfronts in terms of an even easier mode LFR with guaranteed drops, but there is almost nothing really fun about them and now that Im max 340 in all the available slots, no reason to do them again. IEs I'm just not getting into either, I got zero loot items and after doing 4-5 it's just boring.

I don't know what is needed to make BFA fantastic. I relly liked WQs when Legion came out, but they needed to have done something to make them more interesting, spicy, something.
    A new ''raid'' with every warfront and a new pvp mode entirely are sidedishes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    You cant have islands with m+ affixec since it is only 3 man content and reworking it for 5 man is kinda stupid since we areldy have dungeons. + better rewards from islands also cannot be implemented becouse content is too trivial. This feature should never existed in first place. It is another instaced stuff to do nothing els.
    And why can't 3 man content have affixes? Scaled to suit ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Commit to the expansion, commit to making it better then it already is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Island Expeditions need to have their rewards added to a vendor for doubloons.

I refuse to run that garbage for a .01% chance at anything, let alone trying to get the 300 odd items that theoretically drop.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Commit to the expansion, commit to making it better then it already is.
    This. 100+

If they pull another warlords by going from a three major patches down to two major patches it is going to be a bad sign. Lets hope patch 8.1 is not delayed till Dec/jan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Island Expeditions need to have their rewards added to a vendor for doubloons.

I refuse to run that garbage for a .01% chance at anything, let alone trying to get the 300 odd items that theoretically drop.
    This is a great idea. I don't give a shit about any of the things you use doubloons for, I bought some and then forgot I had them.

Remove titanforging and azerite gear and a lot of problems goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    This is mostly a copy of an article I from Reddit/wow but I think the ideas are worth discussing.

Warfronts needs to have PvP version(Both bg and competitive) and a Mythic PvE version with very high difficulties that function like a single boss raid.

Island needs to have better rewards for PvE as well as Mythic+ versions added with affixes. However, there should also be more focus on the PvP version as it is the only iteration that is currently enjoyable. Add leaderboards, honor and pvp gear etc.

HoA either needs to scale the traits instead of unlocking them or to simply add a new ring for each tier and have each ring be unlocked at the same level on all items.

Warmode needs world PvP quests. Especially warmode quests that have you attacking or defending a village whereas the other faction gets the same. So all horde gets a pop of World quests to defend the Crossroads as an example and all Alliance gets one to attack it. While active the zone gives bonus honor and it should give greater rewards to the side that wins.
    I'm quite enjoying both warfronts and islands as is, but these would still be great changes/additions.

I like the idea for warmode quests, though it would need to be balanced with something PvE I think

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post

What's super weird to me is why is the last ring the lamest of all the rings? I feel like the last ring should be the most powerful trait, akin to single-point artifact traits from Legion.

Yea they could easily add a PVE version of the warmode quest and everyone would be happy.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I'm quite enjoying both warfronts and islands as is, but these would still be great changes/additions.

I like the idea for warmode quests, though it would need to be balanced with something PvE I think

What's super weird to me is why is the last ring the lamest of all the rings? I feel like the last ring should be the most powerful trait, akin to single-point artifact traits from Legion.
    Exactly! Imagine if it gave you a new ability, or a massive change to a current ability, or a super strong passive effect. Something rather than "Your item is slightly stronger. "