Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes - September 13, 2018, Reddit AMA Feedback

Diablo III For Nintendo Switch Releasing On November 2nd

All Player Decks for the 2018 HCT Americas Fall Playoffs

Razorgrin Mount, Weekly Hero Rotation & Sales, HeroStorm Episode 41

Garden of Terror Update, Weekly Hero Rotation & Sales, HGC Insider Ep 2

Mythic Uldir Progression
    Mythic Uldir progress continues, with four guilds at 5/8 already and Method at 6/8! Method is doing coverage and streaming progression.

Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes - September 13, 2018
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

Dungeons and Raids
    • Uldir
      • Fetid Devourer
        • Reduced melee damage and Shockwave Stomp by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
        • Reduced the health of Corruption Corpuscle and Mutated Mass by 10% on Mythic difficulty.

Player versus Player
    • Players that were affected by a bug that incorrectly granted Season 1 achievements on the first day of the season in American realms can now re-earn their Elite transmog unlocks by finishing an arena or battleground, if they have re-attained the appropriate PvP tier.

World Quests
    • Using Poison Dart on an Ankylodon no longer causes it to sleep so deeply that it doesn’t grant credit for “Cut Off Potential”.
    • Fixed a bug sometimes preventing the completion of “Executioner Blackwell”.
    • Shredded a bug preventing interaction with the Prototype Shredder MK-03 on "Put Away Your Toys".
    • More Barbedclaw Grizzlys are now present for “The Barbedclaw Flank”.

Reddit AMA Feedback
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Hi. Just for some additional context in advance of this AMA: I suggested and volunteered to do this, and I'm looking forward to it. I know there are a ton of questions and concerns that feel unanswered right now, and a need for much more robust communication on our end. I am accountable for everything that goes into WoW, so that should begin with me. A standard streamed Q&A wouldn't really be sufficient to cover the range of topics that are likely to come up, since we're limited in the number of questions we can fit in. And a forum post or blog would end up as a giant wall of text that doesn't feel much like a conversation. So r/wow felt like the perfect place to address a wide range of topics in an open forum.

I'm planning on spending at least a couple of hours responding, and I'll try to cover as much as I can. It'll just be me tanking this, so apologies in advance if I can't field a question about the nuances of Swift Roundhouse interactions for Windwalkers, or whatever.

Also, to be clear, we don't view a one-off AMA as a silver bullet. It's impossible for everyone to agree with every decision we make, but you shouldn't feel unaware of them or disconnected from why we chose a given course to follow, and that will take a sustained effort on our part. (Source)

Then perhaps it's time to upgrade your own? It boggles my mind to see a blue say something like this. Basically your saying, "Ya, their platform for communicating is better than ours so we hang out there".

That thought crossed my mind. I thought they were going to be upgrading these forums, I'm not sure what the status of that project is. The funny thing is that Twitter and Reddit are far more toxic than these forums ever were, I'm a little confused about the stated reasons.

This is very much still in the works. Even though new forums are coming soon™ these new ones still wouldn't be able to accommodate this specific style. There are merits to both styles of forums, for WoW specifically I think this style is better. Considering we at most do an AMA there once a year or expansion almost, I don't think adopting that style is worth it for that convenience once a year. We can still just choose to format the questions and answers and repost here for you guys since its understandable that some folks don't like Reddit or Twitter. I'd rather accommodate than force people to use a platform they don't like honestly and bring that content to them.
    Last edited by chaud; 2018-09-14 at 06:33 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Strangely, the post by Ion, quoted above (starting with "Hi. Just for some additional context [...]"), has been deleted from the official thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Strangely, the post by Ion, quoted above (starting with "Hi. Just for some additional context [...]"), has been deleted from the official thread.
    It was posted on Reddit and linked by the (Source) text following that block.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's impossible for everyone to agree with every decision we make
    So more PR stunts for convince some people that everything is ok, we're not changing anything, take it or leave it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    So more PR stunts for convince some people that everything is ok, we're not changing anything, take it or leave it.
    If that is what you took away from that, then Im starting to see why Ion rolls his eyes so often.

Must be fun having such a cynical outlook at life, real healthy to.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    If that is what you took away from that, then Im starting to see why Ion rolls his eyes so often.

Must be fun having such a cynical outlook at life, real healthy to.
    No that's how I see wow dev team. Wow is not life you know...
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

That Fetid Devourer nerf while we getting WF race, jesus... was it really a must to do that now? The ones that beat it must have been feeling cheated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't they do what Yoshi P does for the ffxiv live letters where they gather questions from the forums then answer them via a livestreaming broadcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Helltribute View Post
    That Fetid Devourer nerf while we getting WF race, jesus... was it really a must to do that now? The ones that beat it must have been feeling cheated.
    No one beat it before these nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltribute View Post
    None of the top guilds come close to 30% hp lol. Fetid was super overtuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjapotato69 View Post
    If that so, I take back my criticism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic Uldir Progression - mostly Horde guilds eh? I Haven't played a lot of BFA yet but I'm wondering if the racials / talents are much better for them this expansion because wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjapotato69 View Post
    Haha... Is that what kids are calling it these days..."overtuned". How about just plain difficult and not meant to be killed on the first try. Back in the day it took 154 days to kill Ragnaros,vanilla Kel'Thuzad 90 days,Kil'jaeden in Sunwell 62 days,Yogg-Saron 85 days,Lich King 46 days...from then on kids started crying "overtuned" and it took 1-2 weeks to clear endgame. Now everybody wants first kill on day one. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerhug View Post
    Haha... Is that what kids are calling it these days..."overtuned". How about just plain difficult and not meant to be killed on the first try. Back in the day it took 154 days to kill Ragnaros,vanilla Kel'Thuzad 90 days,Kil'jaeden in Sunwell 62 days,Yogg-Saron 85 days,Lich King 46 days...from then on kids started crying "overtuned" and it took 1-2 weeks to clear endgame. Now everybody wants first kill on day one. Pathetic.
    Or people are just far far far better. Those bosses you mention would have been a minor speed bump to guilds like method or limit. I'm pretty sure that the mass of ordinary but good guilds will be stuck on them for months.

You have a problem in raiding atm - do you target difficulty at the top .001% of players? or the mass of folk who'll encounter it a bit later....

When an add alone needs you to do 50k Dps at the start of an expansion when people are avg in the mid teens, yeh I think it warranted some adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Awsyme View Post
    Or people are just far far far better. Those bosses you mention would have been a minor speed bump to guilds like method or limit. I'm pretty sure that the mass of ordinary but good guilds will be stuck on them for months.

You have a problem in raiding atm - do you target difficulty at the top .001% of players? or the mass of folk who'll encounter it a bit later....
    Um...those numbers I mentioned were for world first kills. And in cases like with Fetid,it's only a matter of gear till they kill it without a nerf.

what the (r) mean in the raid progress list?

Yeah and Fetid is an end game boss. How dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by garfeeld View Post
    what the (r) mean in the raid progress list?
    It means that guild is recruiting new members and has recruitment info on their wowprogress page.