Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    While I think your idea is cool and all, you are forgetting that the long ramp up is something we are trying to move away from.
    yeah i had in mind that with ~25 or so MH stacks you're already doing decent damage since our VT/SW:P could be tuned higher baseline because there would be no % haste multiplier on top of MH like there was in legion, which is what made us so retarded. i have absolutely no intention of going back to ~40 sec long ramp up like in Nighthold/ToS. it's weird that now we're sort of on the other end of things where our DoTs make up like 20-25% of our damage on a ST fight.

Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post
    I like this, but I think...
    • Keep Insanity instead of Mass Hysteria, just lower Insanity gains instead (like +2 per Mind Flay tick and +10 per Mind Blast?)
    • Twist of Fate would fit better as mastery: "damage increased up to X%, based on current health of your target"
    • Then SW casts grant X sec of max mastery benefit regardless of health (so ToF is a bit more active?)
    • Mind Spike casts consume 50 Insanity, if available, to enter VF for X sec (giving flat haste and changing spells, like you said)
    • But Mind Spike might as well change into Void Bolt? Then Void Eruption could be separated and just cost X Insanity without entering VF
    i personally kind of want to move away from reverse spender style we have now where we're trying to keep up with the drain, so i would rather get rid of insanity (but i know a lot of people really enjoy it) just because i never enjoyed that style of resource in a PvE environment where mechanic handling/downtime really hampers the flow of things. no other class really has that downside that i can think of

ToF mastery is pretty cool, i would love to double down on us being the execute kings. our strong execute historically has definitely played a big role in why i enjoyed the spec

sw:d idea is interesting, i personally find (rather found, i've completely dropped spriest in BfA) ToF to be really active currently since having as high ToF uptime as possible is a huge priority for me, much like vf% uptime. though in pure ST fights there's really nothing interactive about it apart from just doing more damage

void bolt could honestly just be removed in that little rework of mine in all honesty, i don't even think it fits in at all since MB would be instant, i just like the DoT extending part of it lmao

Quote Originally Posted by liquidfear View Post
    i personally kind of want to move away from reverse spender style we have now where we're trying to keep up with the drain, so i would rather get rid of insanity (but i know a lot of people really enjoy it) just because i never enjoyed that style of resource in a PvE environment where mechanic handling/downtime really hampers the flow of things. no other class really has that downside that i can think of

ToF mastery is pretty cool, i would love to double down on us being the execute kings. our strong execute historically has definitely played a big role in why i enjoyed the spec

sw:d idea is interesting, i personally find (rather found, i've completely dropped spriest in BfA) ToF to be really active currently since having as high ToF uptime as possible is a huge priority for me, much like vf% uptime. though in pure ST fights there's really nothing interactive about it apart from just doing more damage

void bolt could honestly just be removed in that little rework of mine in all honesty, i don't even think it fits in at all since MB would be instant, i just like the DoT extending part of it lmao
    Oh, sorry, I meant VF otherwise same as your idea. Insanity wouldn't drain, just there to allow postponing VF until it caps at 100. Basically an indirect cooldown with 2 charges and Mind Blast/Flay casts reducing it. Yeah SW:D "snapshot" would keep the uptime gameplay, but I think DoT ticks proccing/refreshing the buff is too passive currently. And I wasn't sure what purpose Mind Spike would serve in VF? Seemed it would just be a math competition between it and Flay or Sear?
    Last edited by ttylol; 2018-10-03 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post
    Oh, sorry, I meant VF otherwise same as your idea. Insanity wouldn't drain, just there to allow postponing VF until it caps at 100. Basically an indirect cooldown with 2 charges and Mind Blast/Flay casts reducing it. Yeah SW "snapshot" would keep the uptime gameplay, but I think DoT ticks proccing/refreshing the buff is too passive currently. And I wasn't sure what purpose Mind Spike would serve in VF? Seemed it would just be a math competition between it and Flay or Sear?
    ohh ok i get you now. mind flay would be for mobility, sear for aoe and spike for max st output basically. talents or something could change it up somehow to make it more interesting