Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Battle for Azeroth is the pinnacle of world PvP.
    This is THE World PvP expansion.

Do you have warmode turned on? See it for yourself
    All I see is raid of either faction phasing in due to the cancer wq addon and gangbanging the 2-3 people doing wqs solo

World pvp does not work with phasing

Jaylock did a way better job at this than you will ever be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Jaylock did a way better job at this than you will ever be able to.
    To be fair Jaylock can at least keep an opinion for longer than a week.

I will never pvp I hate getting ganked by people that are having fun doing that and I will never do pvp.

I get enough enjoyment from pve and professions and I just hope WoW can get some of the pve quests fixed in WoW.

I play Destiny 2 as well just not bought latest expansion yet and thats fun pve but is hard to do end campaing solo

There is a frikin thread with 20 pages on frontpage that is 100% bait and people took it.
    Ive lost all faith in MMO-C community at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

And how happy are you with the game?
    Im having tons of fun with BfA

Im so tired of all the whining on the forums.

I like BFA. 2v2 capping is a bit slow 10 cp per win should be buffed to 20. And couple of my classes are underpowered in my eyes. DK/Enha. But meanwhile I can focus more on Arms/Rsham/Feral. :P DK and enha will prolly be fixed inside a month.

Why would I ever PvP? It's a side part of the game I have no interest in and never will.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    If PVP was actually fun, I might do it more.
    this, along with the fact that every second of my time now needs to be dedicated to power progression grind or reputation grind on my main or one of my alts means i don't really get around to anything i WANT to play the game for.
    time is money, friend, and i need more of both.

10+ Year Old Account
    never bitch and whine about anything.
    You ever go to the official arena forums? Doing casual BGs isn't "PvP"
    The main reason why PvP'ers are the best players WoW can have is because we dont play the game for rewards, we play the game for the gameplay and pleasure of the gameplay itself
    Pity the gameplay is absolutely awful and the 3s meta has been cancer since WoD hit.

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    It had a lot of downsides. No queue system. You had to be present at the gate to the battleground. Alterac played forever if there was a stalemate. Which means, people could not gain any benefit from playing the battleground anymore. People had to play 15 hours or more a day while just participating without helping to win in open battlegrounds to become grand marshal.

No, casslic wasnt all gold. And the social part is highly overrated. Classic rewarded those that had the most free time. Which lead to people playing all day long becoming the most successfull. Time was more important than skill.
    As someone who did this grind I feel I should comment. Your first part is only half accurate, at first yes you queued at the pvp areas in the world but they added queue options in Ironforge/Ogrimmar kind of early on.

Alterac was fun.as.shit I LOVED playing AV when I could it was a de-stresser. Just get to mindlessly kill people and not be stressing over objectives all game, was a blast. Current AV is like this and I love it whenever I am in it. Honor was the key and while yes you technically could sit and afk to collect it most didnt as people WOULD report back then and you would get known and blacklisted as a result. Not the way to rank up.

The social aspect was the best part, we would have teams but there was a shared vent server for the horde teams and alliance teams on my server. When we would get against each other we would all pile into the same channel and mass chaos would ensue. I was great friends with a lot of the horde players, tbh there was a lot less faction hatred back then and you would take the time to get to know your enemy. Now you did have to do 15-20 hour days and honor was all that mattered but being good got you that honor faster. Have to play more if you lose every match ya know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    If PVP was actually fun, I might do it more.
    This. World of Warcraft's PvP balance is a long-running industry joke. If I want decent PvP balance, anything with Blizzard's name on the box is not where I'm looking.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

PvP'ers only whine about class balance though.
    ANd maybe the differentiation in PvP and PvE.

We care about nothing else.
    Pvpers bitch about gear, not getting new maps for bgs or arenas, seasons being too short or too long, titles being too hard or easy to get, 5v5s and 2v2s in arenas, needing or not needing healers in arenas, the list goes on and on. Pvpers are almost always the most toxic people in the game and often are in every game. When the base of the play style is about beating others it starts to bring out the worst in people.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Pvpers bitch about gear, not getting new maps for bgs or arenas, seasons being too short or too long, titles being too hard or easy to get, 5v5s and 2v2s in arenas, needing or not needing healers in arenas, the list goes on and on. Pvpers are almost always the most toxic people in the game and often are in every game. When the base of the play style is about beating others it starts to bring out the worst in people.
    The objective of sports is also beating other people and you dont see players mad at eachother at the end of the match.

Just try it. You might have some fun

Use PvP Potions. Use lay on hands. Use tank trinkets.
    Cheat your way into victory if needed. Is incredibly fun

Anyway, i edited my original post because it was incredibly toxic. I was mad when i made the post...a lot.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-09-15 at 02:02 AM.

Different strokes for different folks

Some people like to raid, Others PVP somepeople just like collecting stuff or just log in for the social aspect.

Thats the thing with WoW it has alot of stuff for a whole range of peoples tastes and play styles.

Me personal i never cared for Wpvp but i dont mind a odd BG or two now and again but my penchant is raiding and collecting stuff and generally being an achieve whore.

WoW combat feels seemless, fast and responsive. The slickness of its combat is a biiig part in why it succeeded as well as it did.

WoW PvP feels like garbage. Especially instanced PvP. It's unplayably disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is correct.

i always preffered pvp.
    way more challenging and meaningful.

but as i got older, i found that i did more pve than pvp.
    i even had warmode off during leveling, as i go AFK a lot.

now i just want:

less skills to use.
    less frequent button pressing.
    less frustration if i lose.
    less stress during combat.

so i dont do as much pvp as i used to.

i do some world pvp and casual BGs tho.

i did pvp on vanilla, tbc and in wotlk i started being annoyed by this even if i was on a pvp server since day one. no more time for this and no more fun ganking or being ganked in daily quest (maybe because daily quest dont exist before) .waisting my time in front of a donjon despit i really loved blackrock aera back in vanilla this dangerous no-go place full of rogues.
    since cata world pvp was realy a pain in the ass each fucking day!
    in mop with crossrealm things started to get worst
    and legion WQ with faction unbalanced was a living nightmare some days.
    bfa can be a pack full of crap i will always praise this xpac because it free me from this hell.

ganking, corpose camping, stun and ninja ressources, kb or MC to throw people from a cliff, grey kill, reroll raping by overgeared main, WQ crownded by ennemy, /w of insulte from hordies full of rage and toxicity because i killed them and they cant handel it... etc etc... it's over. and NOW the fun start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    WoW combat feels seemless, fast and responsive. The slickness of its combat is a biiig part in why it succeeded as well as it did.

WoW PvP feels like garbage. Especially instanced PvP. It's unplayably disgusting.
    How did you jump from the first sentence...to the second one? lool

The PvP feels amazing in WoW. Exactly because of your first sentence.
    WoW is my one and only PvP game.

Edited:

I didnt intend to come at you as a bit of a jackass so i will just edit my post.

I wanted the thread to be light hearted and funny with a Mr T reference on title

I just want to say that PvP'ers are lucky.
    And pure PvE players are unlucky

Because PvP is endless content where you can have fun everyday until the end of the expansion
    PvE content is limited and limits your gameplay to content releases.

The best type of player plays PvP and PvE and this way he never runs out of content to do.

Apologies if i was rude.
    I was mad about the current MMO-C situation of constantly bashing the game...and i made the thread while incredibly mad

------

For people who would like to start doing PvP:

I would say to start in Random Battlegrounds-
    Because you can buy overpowered PvP Potions on vendors to have an advantage on the battlefield.

Also, if you are like me and you start wondering "Why am i doing this?" (an existential crisis of sorts ) you can always RECORD your gameplay and upload it on youtube as a part time, for fun

Some free programs you can use like:
    OBS (to record)
    VSDC Free Video Editor (to edit videos, it sucks but it gets the job done)

START HAVING FUN WITH THE GAME - PVP NOW
    Wasn't it just a few days ago when you were raging because they WANTED pvp'ers to pvp everyday? Oh yeah, it was

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Wasn't it just a few days ago when you were raging because they WANTED pvp'ers to pvp everyday? Oh yeah, it was
    Thats constructive feedback and my opinion.

Im still stressed about the fact that i need to do about 100 2v2 arenas every week to reach the cap.
    I just came from a session of 40 arenas this friday and im only at half the Conquest bar.

Yeah....i dont think this is healthy for me and i will probably stop doing the cap on both my characters.

This is not "casual" by any means.

The objective of sports is also beating other people and you dont see players mad at eachother at the end of the match.

Just try it. You might have some fun

Use PvP Potions. Use lay on hands. Use tank trinkets.
    Cheat your way into victory if needed. Is incredibly fun

Anyway, i edited my original post because it was incredibly toxic. I was mad when i made the post...a lot.
    Yet you do see people being total shitheads in wow pvp, being able to hide behind a screen helps add to that. I have pvp a lot over seveal seasons, just because you have recently discovered it and are going all in doesn't mean it is new to everybody else.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."