Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Yet you do see people being total shitheads in wow pvp, being able to hide behind a screen helps add to that. I have pvp a lot over seveal seasons, just because you have recently discovered it and are going all in doesn't mean it is new to everybody else.
    How can people be shitheads on PvP?
    The only way is if they group up against you solo or if they play an overpowered class in 1v1.

Griefers are usually bad players, you can beat them easily.

But yeah some people are trolls.
    Just the other day, my ilvl 348 rogue was getting one shotted by a Monk with 80k health in BG's.
    And he proceeded to login on a different character and whisper me. Asking me if i was mad and saying he was an incredibly skilled player. LOOL
    I thought it was funny though

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I dont know man...i've never been so happy with the game before.
    Im farming Azerite traits as part time.
    Doing casual PvP everyday.
    Making some crappy Youtube videos no one will ever see.

Im having a blast.

Never been more happy with the game.
    speaking of YT vids, this comes to mind, maybe fun for you, too.

I think this kinda silly, but fun video could be redone with the warmode, now.

Ofc the pvp BfA systems, could be vastly more improved, the weekly to kill 10 people should be made into a daily, because i want that action everyday and be rewarded with conquest - and it it seems still be more a hassle than doing a quick arena match, depending on faction as alliance turns of warmode more frequently, so this should lower alliance kill ratio of horde players somewhat.

I would not mind pvp power, it worked great as a system in mop and gives a good reasion to pvp for gear instead than just raid uldir or do mythic+ or do warfronts that is all pve content.

Vendors, too as a sort of bad luck protection of bad rng results.(got a good dagger in the first rated arena match so will not complain much here)

I prefere as a system, wod, most for pvp, only upscaling of low geared people no downscaling of high ilvl chars. there are videos out on twitch showing players unequipped with low healthpools dealing upscaled dmg to players iwth high ilvl gear, topping the dmg chart in a bg. Does not feel right this kind of scaling.

Also the fact that healers, have to heal more hp, because healing is not % based like dmg. Greater HP pools just makes the job of a healer more painful, while as a dd you still do the same dmg as its % scaled to the hp of the opponent.

Most DD selfhealing is % based, too, so they do not feel that issue at all.

Its sad, that the recent Game Director in the reddit AMA did not reflect on these kinds of PvP scaling systems.

Other than that some specs are disfunctional in pvp, the worst spec is by far frost dks. They do absolutely no dmg in pvp, while they do a ton in pve, something is broken here, when good dk streamers tell you that, too. Overall frost/uh def cds do suck in warmode and duels and should be vastly improved. Its to easy to kill them, almost ridiculous easy. While blood dks got all the survivabilty, this should be spread out more a bit baseline for the class.

As a small part for greater immersion since it should be still a rpg overall, i would not mind dead players droping some souveniers again, like elven ears or troll feet, i liked that system of wod.(it might be the worst pve addon, but it damn sure was one of the best pvp expansions!)

So why i understand you want to have fun and enjoy the game, lets us not ignore serious pvp issues that exist in early BfA and stuff that could make that expierence much better.

When i think about it, would really like to see more rpg elements/class elements connected to at least warmode pvp quests and kill grinds.

I think the best moments were timeless isle and all of wod on a pvp server, if its about pure, wild pvp fun.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I PVE because i want at least half a chance to kill stuff. Every BG i join, 30 seconds in the Horde caps something and someone on my team yells "Welp, we lost! Just let them get it over with!"

That's not fun.

START HAVING FUN WITH THE GAME - PVP NOW
    In the 12 years I've played this game there is never a time where I would have used the word "fun" to describe PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    @Tyrannica

Yes, i already watched that video on youtube by coincidence small world

I agree with mostly what you said.
    World PvP could be much more improved...and i believe it will be because of how famous Warmode is.
    Warmode is a big success from what im seeing in the world.

Constant PvP.
    Is a War ZOne out there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    In the 12 years I've played this game there is never a time where I would have used the word "fun" to describe PvP.
    Oh come on...thats not true

@Tyrannica

Yes, i already watched that video on youtube by coincidence small world

I agree with mostly what you said.
    World PvP could be much more improved...and i believe it will be because of how famous Warmode is.
    Warmode is a big success from what im seeing in the world.

Constant PvP.
    Is a War ZOne out there

- - - Updated - - -

Oh come on...thats not true
    Obviously you never PVP'd in previous expansions aside from Warlords / BFA if your saying Warmode is God Mode.

How did you jump from the first sentence...to the second one? lool

The PvP feels amazing in WoW. Exactly because of your first sentence.
    WoW is my one and only PvP game.
    Because PvE combat is slick and feels good. I mean, PvP combat in a vacuum also feels responsive and stuff but the PvP is so badly fucking designed that it's unplayably shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allinna View Post
    I PVE because i want at least half a chance to kill stuff. Every BG i join, 30 seconds in the Horde caps something and someone on my team yells "Welp, we lost! Just let them get it over with!"

That's not fun.
    Just play for fun. Dont play to win.

Make your objective win some duels and 1v2 for some awesome clips.

I just had a funny interaction with another player just now on a BG...and i made a video just to show you guys

Stuff like this can happen in every Battleground. Its totally unpredictable and thats what makes it fun
    If you end up asking the question "why am i here on a Battleground?"...just make crappy youtube videos to show people. That will give you a "meaning" to what you are doing...and is fun.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-09-15 at 04:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My wife just just got attacked by a bear, she had an upper paw as feral but enemy DK joined in, and as her health dropped dangerously low she started receiving healing from elemental shaman and they handled these two. WPvP is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    My wife just just got attacked by a bear, she had an upper paw as feral but enemy DK joined in, and as her health dropped dangerously low she started receiving healing from elemental shaman and they handled these two. WPvP is fun
    You scared me for a second.
    I thought your wife got attacked by a bear xD

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like repair bills, PvP is definitely your mode of play. Even if you only join in when you come across a fight, the war-mode talents will make your world questing faster where the PvP would slow you down. Everyone should give it a try and weigh the ups and downs on their own as they come. Pick your battles. It's variety and fuel for the taste of blood
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I reached Exalted with Frostwolves in Vanilla--the days when Alterac Valley could LITERALLY take days. PvP was and always has been a tacked-on extra that is clunky as hell. Whether or not you find it "fun" does not change that fact. Good for you for finding some silver lining, but let's not try to pretend WoW PvP is better than it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id agree with you four years ago but bfa and legion have made PvP feel just as scripted as PvE.

START HAVING FUN WITH THE GAME - PVP NOW
    Not sure how having 20 people keep me in the graveyard for an hour or to is 'fun'.

Whilst I have no self heals, then PvP is a dead end for me.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I would probably enjoy the game more, if I didn't suck at it
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Deleted
    I would pvp too...if I was rogue....or ret...or my old ww monk main wasn't trash at pvp in BFA.

Deleted
    I do both, but mainly PvE. I expanded my PvP'ing a lot in Legion cause templates made it balanced and allowed you to jump in with any character and not get trampled. Unfortunely, that has been greatly changed in BfA, to the point i lost interest in PvP. I don't want to join in an alt to just get hopelessly trounced. So, i'd have to play on the main... but the main doesn't need the gear upgrades, so there's little point.

PvP is for me the worst part of BfA in comparison to Legion. Compared to before Legion, maybe it's not as bad, but it's still bad cause it used to be terrible.

Basically, i want to be able to casually pvp, and that is not really an option. It's main or be fodder and i'm not willing to go back to that fodder grind when theres stuff that is fun that i can do in PvE instead.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-09-15 at 06:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I'll pass. BfA may have many issues, but the game has never felt so chill and peaceful ever since I turned War Mode off. I intend to keep it that way for a long, long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Wow pvp... ROFL. Such lopsided bullshit. Can't wait till my game time runs out.

Given that DHs feel like a wet paper towel in pvp ATM, I still do it but it feels like pulling my own teeth out
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!