Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tfw another non-dagger emissary for assassination.

This is something they need to fix, they need to make the reward adjust based on your loot specialization. Literally a simple fix that probably could be done in less than an hour and hotfixed on live.

What's more annoying is I did arathi rares, and I have multipple 340/345 axes but I play Sin (my loot spec is sin). Meanwhile, I have blue daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    This is something they need to fix, they need to make the reward adjust based on your loot specialization. Literally a simple fix that probably could be done in less than an hour and hotfixed on live.
    It's the same as Legion, except it was trinkets then. For whatever reason, Bliz thinks weapons and trinkets should be spec-specific from WQs. It was not noticeable unless you had a healing/tank spec and saw the int or damage absorb trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    What's more annoying is I did arathi rares, and I have multipple 340/345 axes but I play Sin (my loot spec is sin). Meanwhile, I have blue daggers.

It's the same as Legion, except it was trinkets then. For whatever reason, Bliz thinks weapons and trinkets should be spec-specific from WQs. It was not noticeable unless you had a healing/tank spec and saw the int or damage absorb trinket.
    Well the fact that on my Druid I am guardian and only get 1 handed weapons, it forces me to get an off-hand and the whole cycle begins a new, it is unacceptable game design in my opinion and I stopped doing world quests because of it. Hell they could even give you a cache that allows you to chose the damn reward, not that hard.

Well the fact that on my Druid I am guardian and only get 1 handed weapons, it forces me to get an off-hand and the whole cycle begins a new, it is unacceptable game design in my opinion and I stopped doing world quests because of it. Hell they could even give you a cache that allows you to chose the damn reward, not that hard.
    I agree that it's shit game design, but if they never changed it for trinkets in Legion it's unlikely they'll change it now :\ No idea what their reasoning is, but that can be said for a lot of systems in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you seriously need a 340 dagger?

The first cap of conquest gives you a 345 one, clear mythic 0's and you're bound to get one if you need one so badly. Don't say you can't do them because thats a lie.

Jees... people these days... Who cares about 340 gear, you can get that from everywhere. Go run a dungeon or something, instead of waiting for emissaries to hand you gear on a silver plate. People are some lazy.

took me the better part of the first month to get daggers above 330. sucks

but now mine are 385 main 375 off so haaaa hahaha!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post

clear mythic 0's and you're bound to get one if you need one so badly.
    i've yet to see the tol dagor dagger drop in m+, that's our bis. and until last tuesdays m+ chest i hadnt seen any epic dagger from a m+. only had mothers dagger x2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    took me the better part of the first month to get daggers above 330. sucks

but now mine are 385 main 375 off so haaaa hahaha!

You must be a happy Husky with those daggers, I hate you!

Blizzard are not giving me enough gear! I don't want to put in any effort for my rewards. I just want stuff!

Raaaaaaaage. I'm entitled to everything. No effort! Why should i lift a finger. Give me stuff for free!

More raaaaage!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Blizzard are not giving me enough gear! I don't want to put in any effort for my rewards. I just want stuff!

Raaaaaaaage. I'm entitled to everything. No effort! Why should i lift a finger. Give me stuff for free!

More raaaaage!
    yea see, I disagree. there was a plethora of weapons for outlaw, via dailies and emmi's. to the point where it almost seemed they were saying "try the pirate spec first guys, cmon, it's part of the theme of the expansion "

I certainly don't think it has anything to do with "rage" more than seeing every other class not have trouble getting the essential pieces they need for their class. and for rogues (sin and sub), our daggers are essential.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    yea see, I disagree. there was a plethora of weapons for outlaw, via dailies and emmi's. to the point where it almost seemed they were saying "try the pirate spec first guys, cmon, it's part of the theme of the expansion "

I certainly don't think it has anything to do with "rage" more than seeing every other class not have trouble getting the essential pieces they need for their class. and for rogues (sin and sub), our daggers are essential.
    But dude seriously... if you play the game and just do some of the regular content then you shouldn't have problems with getting daggers. The game is soooooo easy. Gear is thrown at us from all direction. If you really need emissaries to get a 340 dagger, then you're not WoW'ing right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jees... people these days... Who cares about 340 gear, you can get that from everywhere. Go run a dungeon or something, instead of waiting for emissaries to hand you gear on a silver plate. People are some lazy.
    Not the point. Of the 4 or 5 emissaries that have rewarded 340 weapons since BfA dropped NONE have been daggers, when 2 of the 3 rogue specs use them. It's broken.

And before you tell me how I can get good daggers... I have them. But that doesn't lessen the frustration for people who are newly 120 and see this.

In Legion they said they didn't want people swapping specs to look at each world quest and see if it was worth. This was in regards to relics but that didn't make sense then either so idk.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Not the point. Of the 4 or 5 emissaries that have rewarded 340 weapons since BfA dropped NONE have been daggers, when 2 of the 3 rogue specs use them. It's broken.

And before you tell me how I can get good daggers... I have them. But that doesn't lessen the frustration for people who are newly 120 and see this.
    Newly 120 players should just go an do their dungeons like everybody else and get their daggers that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    But they've already explained since Legion why they do it like this.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Newly 120 players should just go an do their dungeons like everybody else and get their daggers that way.
    Heroics, which require 305, drop 325. You need mythic to get 340s and most new 120s aren't getting to chain mythic. But your comment is fucking irrelevant anyway. it's that the emissaries have NEVER dropped a weapon type used by 2 of 3 rogue specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But they've already explained since Legion why they do it like this.
    It's the ODDS. What are the odds that of 5 emissaries that DO drop weapons, all 5 drop weapons only usably by one spec? They'd be poor if they where randomly choosing loot by spec but they don't. They aren't saying "Roll the dice and see if the weapon should be usable by Sub or Mut or Outlaw" which would result in a dagger 2/3rd of the time. Instead, they treat axe, mace, sword and dagger as independent so logic is "roll the dice and see what comes up, axe, mace, sword or dagger" and of course the odds favor a non-dagger coming up roughly 3/4th of the time despite those weapons only being usable by 1/3rd of the specs.

THAT is the issue.
    Last edited by clevin; 2018-11-13 at 12:28 AM.

Heroics, which require 305, drop 325. You need mythic to get 340s and most new 120s aren't getting to chain mythic. But your comment is fucking irrelevant anyway. it's that the emissaries have NEVER dropped a weapon type used by 2 of 3 rogue specs.
    "But your comment is () irrelevant anyway" Fix your comment. You're welcome.

But it's just not an issue. Don't cry about it. If it was something relevant I could see the point, but 340 daggers.. it's just not something to get upset about. People need to put in effort and increase their ilvl by doing content. So what if they need to go into some heroic or normal dungeons first. It's not a child's game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the ODDS. What are the odds that of 5 emissaries that DO drop weapons, all 5 drop weapons only usably by one spec? They'd be poor if they where randomly choosing loot by spec but they don't. They aren't saying "Roll the dice and see if the weapon should be usable by Sub or Mut or Outlaw" which would result in a dagger 2/3rd of the time. Instead, they treat axe, mace, sword and dagger as independent so logic is "roll the dice and see what comes up, axe, mace, sword or dagger" and of course the odds favor a non-dagger coming up roughly 3/4th of the time despite those weapons only being usable by 1/3rd of the specs.

THAT is the issue.
    Sadly when it comes to the odds, sounds like mine has been better/worse as a rogue? I've gotten a few daggers, hardly any swords - I'm outlaw btw.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

well, just wait for the warfront to be back up for you if you don't want to do anything else.

i just got a 370 dagger on my troll rogue when we last had the warfront. also, you'll get one if you spam the warfront long enough.

i've been getting weapons left and right, seems like they upped the drop chance on them.