Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I never said it was a deterrent to playing a rogue. I said it makes one feel persecuted, unfairly. It's not like other classes and specs are not successful in PvP.
    The actual pvp meta i am seldom aware of(especially since pvp viability is a heavily opinionated territory, much like high level mythic raiding), i do know that rogues are often a strong pick, but that wasn't relevant to my opinion.

So unless you can show me other examples of more or less direct counters to other classes' mechanics, my point still stands.
    Disarming hunter traps was a nice pastime, but got removed.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    I never said it was a deterrent to playing a rogue. I said it makes one feel persecuted, unfairly. It's not like other classes and specs are not successful in PvP.
    The actual pvp meta i am seldom aware of(especially since pvp viability is a heavily opinionated territory, much like high level mythic raiding), i do know that rogues are often a strong pick, but that wasn't relevant to my opinion.

So unless you can show me other examples of more or less direct counters to other classes' mechanics, my point still stands.
    Disarming hunter traps was a nice pastime, but got removed.
    The problem is that you're pushing an agenda based on feelings rather than fact. You already admitted it by the lack of critical thinking, but you've solidified it by stating:

The actual pvp meta i am seldom aware of
    You started off by complaining about PVP while then simultaneously saying you know nothing about the PVP meta (which if you did, the 20+ other posters would have gotten through to you). Do you realize how much of a clown this makes you look like?

The bottom line is that your point doesn't stand. It never did, the only reason you FELT like it did was because you refused to look at actual data that shows your spec making up a staggering proportion of the PVP playerbase. If the grievances you referenced were actual persecutions, you wouldn't see Rogues running rampant despite nerfs, but sure enough, they still are.

It's fine if you want to share your feelings, but make sure they're grounded in reality rather than looking at it in a vacuum. You come off as a complete tool complaining about your poisons being cleansed for free, while you're putting your insane snare and MS effect poisons up for free murdering people left and right. At best it's hypocritical, at worst it's downright delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Juda View Post
    oh no, my skillfull auto applying poisons are being dispelled. WAT DO?
    I'm a class that gets 90% of its damage from these poisons... ohh what to do.
    Guess I could switch paladin like every other nimrod fotm pvper does.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    . You come off as a complete tool complaining about your poisons being cleansed for free, while you're putting your insane snare and MS effect poisons up for free murdering people left and right.
    Hmmm, delicious hyperbole.
    I was intentionally writing that i have nearly no PvP experience to reinforce the fact that i was not talking about PvP in an actual sense, but merely stating that rogues have more targeted hate than any other spec.
    And if this talent was a serious attempt at reducing assassination murder bots running rampant, it failed.

Again, i'm not saying rogues don't deserve a nerf, because i wouldn't know, but if yes, why install this talent instead of simply tuning the numbers?
    Not to mention the fact that a counter to a overly strong class shouldn't be a single ability of a another single spec.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Hmmm, delicious hyperbole.
    I was intentionally writing that i have nearly no PvP experience to reinforce the fact that i was not talking about PvP in an actual sense, but merely stating that rogues have more targeted hate than any other spec.
    And if this talent was a serious attempt at reducing assassination murder bots running rampant, it failed.

Again, i'm not saying rogues don't deserve a nerf, because i wouldn't know, but if yes, why install this talent instead of simply tuning the numbers?
    Not to mention the fact that a counter to a overly strong class shouldn't be a single ability of a another single spec.
    But again to reiterate - you're complaining about PVP when you don't PVP and have no actual insight into PVP.

You don't see anything wrong with that?

It's not hyperbole - what I said is factual real life scenario demonstrating your hypocrisy. It's not an exaggeration in the least.

Rogues have some of the highest "targeted" hate because they have been dominate in nearly every category of content for multiple expansions. Not even that though, if you look at why they're so dominate, they have some of the best control (CC) in the game, they're frustrating to fight and can heal OOC and stall, and have braindead tool applications (MS, and snare). If you readout this kit, you'd assume that they would have low damage or defensives, but they have some of the highest damage in the game, and while their defensives aren't the best, they're both very strong against what they're designed to counter.

I agree on the failures to reign rogues in, and I agree that a talent on 1 single healer spec isn't the solution, but it's hardly a counter. It's an inconvenience at best.

My complaint was not targeted at PvP. I don't care about WoW PvP enough.
    It was aimed at counter abilities.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Counter abilities only purpose is for PvP. If you don't care PvP, you don't care about class abilities to specifically counter a class in PvP, outside of wanting to argue for arguments sake without any personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Counter abilities only purpose is for PvP. If you don't care PvP, you don't care about class abilities to specifically counter a class in PvP, outside of wanting to argue for arguments sake without any personal experience.
    Yeah, i wanted to argue for argument's sake, because neither the abilities discussed nor my complaints about their specificity will lead to any meaningful change.
    The most important point was the feeling of not fun when looking at such design abominations, targeting mostly mechanics.

But since all you want to do is nay saying on a high horse, i don't expect much understanding from you.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Thanks for the Monday morning laugh.

"My complaint wasn't about PVP it was about something that can ONLY occur in PVP that I don't participate in or have any experience with."

Appreciate it man, It's been a wild ride. Sharing with Reddit, they'll get a kick out of this. What a clown.

You laugh about all matters you don't understand? You must lead a merry life.
    -Voltaire
    winning

No, but when over a dozen posters with actual insight and clear data shows me that I'm wrong I'm not pathetic enough to quadruple down on it like you have.

I do live a pretty merry life, at least a fairly stress free one!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    No, but when over a dozen posters with actual insight and clear data shows me that I'm wrong I'm not pathetic enough to quadruple down on it like you have.

I do live a pretty merry life, at least a fairly stress free one!
    I'm wrong? About what? Did i say rogues are not strong? Did i say rogues are weak in pvp?
    You simply missed the whole point of my first post and now you try to tell me that i was talking about pvp. Tell you what, i couldnt care less who really rocks the arena or wherever you get your rocks off, because WoW simply is not a game made for meaningful direct competition against other players. take your clear data and try to apply it where it might actually make sense.

Good luck, you look like you'll need it.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Stop posting if you have nothing to say (cuz lets face it you never did in this thread) or just kill yourself by now.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2018-11-12 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Stop posting if you have nothing to say (cuz lets face it you never did in this thread) or just kill yourself by now.
    Thanks for your valuable contribution. I always aspired to collect death threats by strangers.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Thanks for your valuable contribution. I always aspired to collect death threats by strangers.
    Np dude keep twisting the shit you read in your own little 2nd universe.

lmao why is this thread filled with scrub rogues complaining they get countered? Is it that bothersome if you have to press some keys instead of rolling your face all over the keyboard ?

This thread is bringing me huge amounts of pure joy.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2018-11-12 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    lmao why is this thread filled with scrub rogues complaining they get countered? Is it that bothersome if you have to press some keys instead of rolling your face all over the keyboard ?

This thread is bringing me huge amounts of pure joy.
    Most of them are from the same guy and he doesn't do PvP.

I don't think there's need anymore to attack other people.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Most of them are from the same guy and he doesn't do PvP.
    And many others are from different people which have problems grasping the concept that my post was not a complaint about pvp.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Sure it wasn't Ret's AoE poison dispel talent?

https://www.wowdb.com/spells/236186-cleansing-light
    People actually waste a slot for this?