Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Proof that prot is trash.

That can also be skewed as bad warriors are bad...

I'm not sure why we are linking deaths? People die during progress. I mean I personally feel prot could use some improvements, I just don't understand the post.

The link to "what people are playing in m+" is also not reason to state "prot is bad, u are all idiots"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ac1dburn View Post
    I hope you realise the figures are pretty much the same even if you filter it to top 10% of warriors...

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    I'm not sure why we are linking deaths? People die during progress. I mean I personally feel prot could use some improvements, I just don't understand the post.

The link to "what people are playing in m+" is also not reason to state "prot is bad, u are all idiots"
    The mental gymnastics is unreal.
    Last edited by mmoc890251557c; 2018-09-16 at 05:08 PM.

Daily reminder to post your mythic uldir and +10 key logs if you think prot warriors are fine, I have all day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
    Daily reminder to post your mythic uldir and +10 key logs if you think prot warriors are fine, I have all day.

It's obvious they're blood DK mains just trolling warrior forums.

Does this work? You can feel free to look up my logs on your own. I'm too tired of seeing and talking about this argument in Skyhold to bother anymore. Protection isn't complete garbage and works if you are actually playing well, the problem is the skill floor of it is way too high and far too punishing. I'll probably start pushing keys after this week when I'm not just grinding 10's for gear.
    Last edited by Cylunaria; 2018-09-17 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylunaria View Post
    You can feel free to look up my logs on your own. I'm too tired of seeing and talking about this argument in Skyhold to bother anymore. Protection isn't complete garbage and works if you are actually playing well, the problem is the skill floor of it is way too high and far too punishing. I'll probably start pushing keys after this week when I'm not just grinding 10's for gear.
    get rekt baddies

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romang View Post
    get rekt baddies
    hekhekhekhek

Quote Originally Posted by ac1dburn View Post
    Look at the facts then: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...19#class=Tanks

Sort it by parses, there's a reason Prot Warrior has over 1/5th less appearance than monks or DKs. I wish people wouldn't come into threads and spout bs when the facts show that the spec is bad and struggling. (They're also the least represented tank in Heroic too before you spout "world race, mythic guilds will always take the best" nonsense)

- - - Updated - - -

Does this work? You can feel free to look up my logs on your own. I'm too tired of seeing and talking about this argument in Skyhold to bother anymore. Protection isn't complete garbage and works if you are actually playing well, the problem is the skill floor of it is way too high and far too punishing. I'll probably start pushing keys after this week when I'm not just grinding 10's for gear.
    You would hold more of an argument if you could do it in Fort weeks, which is far more punishing on tanks, but you won't be able to without drastically outgearing it when any other tank can just face roll it with less gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Deleted
    While I admire this I must say that you're playing with relatively the same team. I would want you to pull that off consistently with pugs, that's where my problem lies. There are some warriors that are doing 13-14 in time with their guild groups, having insane DPS and communication is a big factor that makes those +2 chests possible.

I've done quite a few 10s with pugs now, I've only managed to complete a total of 6 in time (despite having done perhaps 15-20, but this can also be attributed to horrible instances or DPS). I rarely if ever die if I pull pack by pack, but the problem lies when wanting to AoE pull multiple packs. We're just horrible at surviving that after our CDs drop. I don't think bosses have been an issue to me (even on Tyrannical), I survive most fine, but this is partially because I know the abilities, spell reflects, what to expect.

It just seems a lot more work into playing a protection warrior than any other class and even then it becomes a struggle when you want to do insane pulls.
    Last edited by mmoc368da16e88; 2018-09-18 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You would hold more of an argument if you could do it in Fort weeks, which is far more punishing on tanks, but you won't be able to without drastically outgearing it when any other tank can just face roll it with less gear.
    I'm not pushing, I'm literally just farming what was giving the highest rewards for raid week. I'll probably push plenty later. The groups that are doing 10+ in pugs successfully regardless of tank atm are very few and far between.

It's not that prot is bad, it's that everyone else is just better in a systemic and eclipsing way.

Ignore Pain, Demoralizing Shout, Rallying Cry, and Intercept need to be off of the global, though.
    Last edited by stross01; 2018-09-18 at 12:46 AM.

While you are very right that people are being hyperbolic and Prot isn't "trash", it is definitely the most underwhelming tank in the game save in a handful of sitations where being able to block mitigates more damage than the actives of other classes.

IP needs a buff, the GCD needs to be loosened, IMO Shield Block's Rage cost could stand to be reduced as well. I would also possibly make Anger Management baseline to free up space in terms of talents, and buff the underwhelming ones which is a good half of the tree.

Additionally, it's not that fun to play. Literally the only thing making Prot playable to me is the talent setup of Into the Fray, Unstoppable Force, Bolster, Booming Voice and Anger Management. The baseline spec without these feels just bad in hand.

Deleted
    I'm not pushing, I'm literally just farming what was giving the highest rewards for raid week. I'll probably push plenty later. The groups that are doing 10+ in pugs successfully regardless of tank atm are very few and far between.
    Why werent you doing the same keys last week that fast? How bad are you? Boralus 54 minutes. Freehold only +1. Who provided your 10 key anyway? What the fuck is wrong with you? Shit eating retard, the affixes this week are nothing but a damage check

Proof, once again, shows otherwise: https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season...MythicLevel=14
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by oioppbvc View Post
    Why werent you doing the same keys last week that fast? How bad are you? Boralus 54 minutes. Freehold only +1. Who provided your 10 key anyway? What the fuck is wrong with you? Shit eating retard, the affixes this week are nothing but a damage check
    Someone needs a nap.

The only people who doubt how bad Prot is are the people who either

A. Are purposely being contrarian
    or
    B. Will agree with anything blizz does

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    While you are very right that people are being hyperbolic and Prot isn't "trash", it is definitely the most underwhelming tank in the game save in a handful of sitations where being able to block mitigates more damage than the actives of other classes.

IP needs a buff, the GCD needs to be loosened, IMO Shield Block's Rage cost could stand to be reduced as well. I would also possibly make Anger Management baseline to free up space in terms of talents, and buff the underwhelming ones which is a good half of the tree.

Additionally, it's not that fun to play. Literally the only thing making Prot playable to me is the talent setup of Into the Fray, Unstoppable Force, Bolster, Booming Voice and Anger Management. The baseline spec without these feels just bad in hand.
    If something is notably below all others, then its trash.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    [QUomeone needs a napOTE]

Argue against it you fucking asshole

You kind of made everyone else's point, not your own. You are world 11th Prot Warrior, but 554th tank overall. If you were any other tank spec you'd be doing 12s and 13s at the speed you're doing 10s. But if you can even get a 14 done in time next week, you'll have point.