Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Removal of templates...can't do rbg's

Yeah, I just hit 120 a few days ago, and even ilevel 330 isn't cutting it for RBg's.

I'm 2.2xp and I cannot compete at all.

Apparently I have to PvE farm to be competitive in RBGs

GG

Hit the unsub button until a decent catchup mechanism is implemented (guessing patch 8.1)

later

Well if you are 330ilvl i am not suprised... 350is low ilvl atm so is 330. Warfronts? Kill rares, do emissary for 340 items. 4 mythics (pve) for 370 item, depending on faction 370 world boss + normal 355 world boss.

There are ways to catch up or create your own arena group and cap conquest for 2 items. Getting 350+ ilvl is easy atm.

It's not even an argument anymore. If you want to be competitive in pvp - you're going to have to pve to pvp. I absolutely hate it and after 9 years of doing pretty much nothing but pvp, I am seriously contiemplating quitting WOW.

I dont mind 5 content. I started WoW and was in love with BRD, ST and DM and the BC dungeons when leveling to 70 in early BC release.

Im hoping i can obtain what i need through mythics. How should i farm azerite tho?

- - - Updated - - -

How get azerite. PvP island expos?

Sorry, CATCHUP?

What the fuck do you think warfronts were? They literally HANDED OUT 340s like candy!

I promise you this guy is not 2.2k XP. People at that high of a rating understood the negatives of templates and wanted them gone, and certainly don't want them back.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Sorry, CATCHUP?

What the fuck do you think warfronts were? They literally HANDED OUT 340s like candy!

I promise you this guy is not 2.2k XP. People at that high of a rating understood the negatives of templates and wanted them gone, and certainly don't want them back.
    as shocking as it may seem, not everyone wanted a return of pve gear to pvp

Life is pretty good as a 365 Arms Warrior in RBGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Yeah, I just hit 120 a few days ago, and even ilevel 330 isn't cutting it for RBg's.

GG

Hit the unsub button until a decent catchup mechanism is implemented (guessing patch 8.1)

later
    I quit threads ain't allowed, cya

GG

later
    Bye bye mate

I love how OP thinks that a catch up mechanism is gonna make him on par with the people who will keep playing x) catch up mechanism means you will be at least 1 tier behind everyone when you will return so yeah gl with your decisions

Sounds like this guys bad/has no friends. I had as much boe gear ready for 120 355 trinket. We steamrolled through mythics, 2 free 370 pieces, ran some M+, then farmed arena. sitting at 356 and i hit 120 on thursday.

My neck level is somewhat of an issue , since you cant easily farm champ rep

Sorry, CATCHUP?

The problem is templates are gone but PvP gear is still trash / rng.

GG

later

"...........I ................................................ ilevel 330....................................

......................cannot ................

............................................................RBGs

GG

...............unsub...................................................................... ...............

later"

Yeay see you ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium

GG

later
    Link your 2.2k CR or gtfo of here

Player base: Gear is too easy to obtain! Welfare epic everywhere!!!

Also player base: OMG I need gear! Give me welfare epics!

Sorry, CATCHUP?

Are you drunk, pvp template were a godsend, skill mattered, now not anymore, the power discrepancy is crazy.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    1714 in 2v2 as an rsham. started last fri at 330 ilvl sitting at 340 now. it's doable my friend.

Pvp templates are still turned on. They are in the background adjusting base levels of damage to higher/lower health pools. Azerite traits and secondary stats are unaffected by the scalar. Most high rated pvp'ers have the gear that gives the best secondary stat profile equipped + the best azerite gear traits and continually hunt for better traits.

This system admittedly was not communicated transparently to the pvp community. That's the root of this issue.

Last edited by Shalaator; 2018-09-18 at 02:37 AM.

Sry, ilvl hardly matters. You need the right azerite traits and secondary stats, but primary stats and stamina seems to be ignored.

Ilvl helps improving traits and secondary stats, but its not as good as people think.

I saw a naked boomkin on twitch doing the highest dmg in a bg, because he lacks haste his casts were slow, but it hits for more dmg and this will not shown in combat logs, but directly on hp bars of opponents.

There are multiple ability and skill talent templates at work in the background.

First all the recent class and spec dmg/crit nerfs.

Secondly talents, behave differently in pvp. On my sub rogue, soothing darkness restores 3% hp/s in warmode and while in active PvP combat. But in random bgs/arena its 1% hp/s.

So far i think this pvp scaling, is, well, ridiculous and the best scaling option was wod version of pvp. Only upscaling, no downscaling, correct combat log values, less BS. I mean either blizz should use this or go back to resilence and pvp power gear.

https://m.youtube.com/hi=MhyXtAKvJhc

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Sry, ilvl hardly matters. You need the right azerite traits and secondary stats, but primary stats and stamina seems to be ignored.

Ilvl helps improving traits and secondary stats, but its not as good as people think.

I saw a naked boomkin on twitch doing the highest dmg in a bg, because he lacks haste his casts were slow, but it hits for more dmg and this will not shown in combat logs, but directly on hp bars of opponents.

There are multiple ability and skill talent templates at work in the background.

First all the recent class and spec dmg/crit nerfs.

Secondly talents, behave differently in pvp. On my sub rogue, soothing darkness restores 3% hp/s in warmode and while in active PvP combat. But in random bgs/arena its 1% hp/s.

So far i think this pvp scaling, is, well, ridiculous and the best scaling option was wod version of pvp. Only upscaling, no downscaling, correct combat log values, less BS. I mean either blizz should use this or go back to resilence and pvp power gear.

https://m.youtube.com/hi=MhyXtAKvJhc
    Then why can't I get an invite with my 2k+ friends since they all claim my ilevel is too low atm?

If this is true, I wouldn't know, since I don't even get a chance to enter the group. I joined some yolos then logged off since I can't stand that type of frustration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    I quit threads ain't allowed, cya
    It's not an "iquit"

I turned my account over to my sister during legion at the start of the legion expansion.

When she told me there were cathcup mechanics to max out my artifact traits I made a new account, boosted, chained random bg's until i was 900+ with all honor talents and artifact traits.

I reentered the RBG scene at virtually full power in one week.

If I have to wait til the middle/end of this expansion as well, so be it.

Hopefully this M0 PvE farm will help. Gonna hit LFR and island expos in between. This isn't PvP though
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2018-09-18 at 02:48 AM.