Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Me too.

I usually assume actors are nuts until they adequately display otherwise. Hell, I'm still wondering if/when RDJ will implode.

The real test:
    Can you re-watch Beetlejuice or Ferris Bueller's Day Off even though Jeffrey Jones is in it?
    Those are fucking classics. Of course I still watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    The amount of ignorance and veiled racism contained in this post is not unexpected.
    Not sure if you just didn't keep track of the topic, or... well, really it's off topic and we're not supposed to be talking about it, but in either case, the amount of "ignorance and veiled racism" contained in the post is intentional. We're discussing when actors do such things, duh. Anyway, back to the main topic I guess, let's all return to talking about how average Captain Marvel is!
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Agreed.
    But people being hellbent on only watching movies featuring crews they agree with politically will have to exclude a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooot of movies, for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched it just to see the backstory to CM before Endgame hits. I found it... exceedingly meh. The pop culture 90s references were EVERYWHERE and felt so damn forced... I grew up in the 90s, I don't need giant flashing neon signs of NOSTALGIA, Marvel, thanks - subtletly is the best policy. The acting was fine throughout, but the plot felt so flat and dry to me. The whole villian plot twist felt so predictable, and none of the villains ever felt dangerous or threatening. My favorite scenes involved a CGI cat named Goose, and I think that one sentence sums up my experience with the film. 6/10.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't re-watch a lot of movies so these situations don't come up for me that often. BJ and Ferris do unreel in my head from time to time though. Same thing with Bill Cosby stuff. His jokes still pop into my head because I grew up listening to his comedy.

I did watch Deadwood for the first time last year. Jones only had a supporting role but it was hard not being disappointed in him. I also didn't realize until just recently that he was cast on the show after his legal troubles started which fucking weirds me out.