View Poll Results: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Voters
437. You may not vote on this poll
  • I enjoyed watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™

277 63.39%
  • I did not enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™

160 36.61%
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    because the very term "white power" has been wholly corrupted by organisations like the KKK and others. plus, let's be honest: white men have basically run the world for the last few hundred years and now that women and people with different coloured skin are wanting equality - not female dominance, not white men losing their place in the world but equality - people are up in arms about it.
    Right, so you agree that there is a double standard for such things, you just think it's justified. So if an actor was out there talking about white power and preserving european culture and other such buzzwords, would you ignore it and see the movie, or boycott?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Right, so you agree that there is a double standard for such things, you just think it's justified. So if an actor was out there talking about white power and preserving european culture and other such buzzwords, would you ignore it and see the movie, or boycott?
    The amount of ignorance and veiled racism contained in this post is not unexpected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

I mean, I still watch Mel Gibson movies.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I mean, I still watch Mel Gibson movies.
    Me too.

I usually assume actors are nuts until they adequately display otherwise. Hell, I'm still wondering if/when RDJ will implode.

The real test:
    Can you re-watch Beetlejuice or Ferris Bueller's Day Off even though Jeffrey Jones is in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Hell, I'm still wondering if/when RDJ will implode.
    Again? I figure he had enough self destruction already, he spent a decade on it, hard to figure on it recurring.
    /s

Me too.

I usually assume actors are nuts until they adequately display otherwise. Hell, I'm still wondering if/when RDJ will implode.

The real test:
    Can you re-watch Beetlejuice or Ferris Bueller's Day Off even though Jeffrey Jones is in it?
    I think he's learned his lesson and is probably extremely grateful for the success and life that he has now.

I can watch those movies with Jones in it. Hell, love Mom and Dad Save the World.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Me too.

The real test:
    I don't know what Jones did, so as long as you don't tell me and I don't google it, sure!
    I honestly can't remember the last Mel Gibson movie I watched, but then I don't watch a lot of movies. I was never a big fan, really.

Me too.

The real test:
    Those are fucking classics. Of course I still watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    The amount of ignorance and veiled racism contained in this post is not unexpected.
    Not sure if you just didn't keep track of the topic, or... well, really it's off topic and we're not supposed to be talking about it, but in either case, the amount of "ignorance and veiled racism" contained in the post is intentional. We're discussing when actors do such things, duh. Anyway, back to the main topic I guess, let's all return to talking about how average Captain Marvel is!

The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Agreed.
    But people being hellbent on only watching movies featuring crews they agree with politically will have to exclude a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooot of movies, for sure.
    Lenna:
    We definitely don’t want the culture seen in private servers to end up in classic, filled with racist/homophobic/otherwise bigoted nonsense, “jokes”, and “discourse”.
    Proaris:
    Classic may not be for you.
    Me:

I watched it just to see the backstory to CM before Endgame hits. I found it... exceedingly meh. The pop culture 90s references were EVERYWHERE and felt so damn forced... I grew up in the 90s, I don't need giant flashing neon signs of NOSTALGIA, Marvel, thanks - subtletly is the best policy. The acting was fine throughout, but the plot felt so flat and dry to me. The whole villian plot twist felt so predictable, and none of the villains ever felt dangerous or threatening. My favorite scenes involved a CGI cat named Goose, and I think that one sentence sums up my experience with the film. 6/10.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

I don't re-watch a lot of movies so these situations don't come up for me that often. BJ and Ferris do unreel in my head from time to time though. Same thing with Bill Cosby stuff. His jokes still pop into my head because I grew up listening to his comedy.

I did watch Deadwood for the first time last year. Jones only had a supporting role but it was hard not being disappointed in him. I also didn't realize until just recently that he was cast on the show after his legal troubles started which fucking weirds me out.