Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I'm not that much into the Marvel universe, but after watching the last Avengers, that's pretty much what Thor did at the end, so why exactly do they need this captain marvel?
    Because they made Hulk and impotent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    personally im just interested what phase 4/5 looks like in Feiges mind.

Will be very interesting what the films are like going forward. They're opening up the "power scale" with thor in infinity war and now Captain Marvel being introduced.

The marvel films so far have been very grounded and quite realistic (as much as you can with superhero genre) but these new guys open up the world a bit more to where you're gonna need stronger and stronger bad guys and scenarios etc

could end up changing the tone of marvel films quite a lot
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Deleted
    I think too few people are familiar with this character and it will do reasonably well at best.

Kinda like Ant-Man I think, who had a second movie out and you didn't hear or read anything about it when it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I think too few people are familiar with this character and it will do reasonably well at best.

Kinda like Ant-Man I think, who had a second movie out and you didn't hear or read anything about it when it was released.
    Not a lot of people were familiar with the Guardians of the Galaxy either...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I'm super critical of the MCU, but I'm excited for this movie. I love the 80's setting, I like the idea of ramping up capt marvels powers to make her more relevant than the comics, and since they decided to make hulk a bitch I'm happy to get another powerhouse in the lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Because they made Hulk and impotent...
    I'm talking about the fact that Thor almost killed Thanos without even trying...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Not a lot of people were familiar with the Guardians of the Galaxy either...
    I think that was a rare success that even the people involved were surprised about.

Plus, many of the actors were imo crowd magnets. I have no idea who Brie Larson even is.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think that was a rare success that even the people involved were surprised about.

Plus, many of the actors were imo crowd magnets. I have no idea who Brie Larson even is.
    People didnt know who chadwick boseman is either. And brie larson isnt a nobody, shes an oscar winning actress.

Yeah I know BP had the racial thing going for it, well so does Cap Marvel with being the first female lead marvel film, it will do fine.

Deleted
    Only vaguely heard about her before and i HATE the idea, because it ruins the threat that Thanos is if you can just throw in some random out of the blue extreme powerful character...

..it's why I feel Battle of Pelennor Fields was ruined by those ghost fellows that just used god-mode to zerg down Sauron's army..

...what is the point of Thanos being the looming threat in all marvel movies, then finally arrive in last avengers movie only for some no-name character to come along n flip everything...

rather see a combined effort by ze heroes by chance getting the win
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2018-09-17 at 06:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Only vaguely heard about her before and i HATE the idea, because it ruins the threat that Thanos is if you can just throw in some random out of the blue extreme powerful character...

..it's why I feel Battle of Pelennor Fields was ruined by those ghost fellows that just used god-mode to zerg down Sauron's army..

...what is the point of Thanos being the looming threat in all marvel movies, then finally arrive in last avengers movie only for some no-name character to come along n flip everything...
    Yeah i kind of agree tbh.

At least with LOTR though they did fore shadow it a lot with Aragon and accepting his "power as king"

rather see a combined effort by ze heroes by chance getting the win
    That's largely my concern as well. I don't want them to just have Danvers fly in and "oh she's just so powerful" and she cleans up everything for them because she's going to be our new flagship character and everyone has to love her because Marvel said to. Don't Danvers Ex Machina the whole thing.

I'd rather see Infinity War be resolved by everyone putting in full effort, Hulk finally unleashing full strength, Cap coordinating a perfect strategy utilizing everyone's strengths at the right moment, etc.

Yeah, they're introducing a new character and they need to make her seem badass so we want more of her, but this is the swan song for our Phase 1 Avengers team. They need to shine one last time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah i kind of agree tbh.

At least with LOTR though they did fore shadow it a lot with Aragon and accepting his "power as king"
    I wish those undeads could have taken damage like in Warcraft or GoT...by getting 'final death' they would have gotten their release which is why they came to the field...and those who stood at the end would have gone there too, so...giving them god-mode, bothered me...

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    God I hope it turns out better than Wonder Woman...
    wonder woman was a decent movie that really ran out of steam in act 3

Chris Pratt was hardly a "crowd magnet" before Guardians. Most of the cast are only big draws because of their roles in that film.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    In case you don’t know who she is she is Carol Denvers. The strongest superhero in Marvel CINEMATIC UNIVERSE. She can fight Thanos 1 on 1 and easily defeat him.
    fixed it for you as she is by far NOT the strongest in the comics

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

In case you don’t know who she is she is Carol Denvers. The strongest superhero in Marvel. She can fight Thanos 1 on 1 and easily defeat him.
    Strongest superhero in Marvel? How are you even measuring this? This sounds extremely fanboy-y. There are quite a few characters who are in general more powerful. Many characters have time travel/reality altering/otherwise devastating abilities, and others like Mr. Fantastic exist as a plot pretense to create things that are that powerful. Do you mean strictly in terms physical strength? Because that varies wildly based on what era of Marvel writing you're talking about. She's not stronger than Hulk under Jim Shooter. Shoot, she's probably not stronger than Spider-Man under Jim Shooter, who single handedly destroyed the X-Men.

Frankly, it sounds like you're a Marvel fan specifically of the last few years, where Carol has been pushed to the moon and they've tried to force her to be the company's central character.......... while at the same time all their sales figures have been tanking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    I really hope that this film does prove that a strong female lead character is viable.. They originally said it'll probably flop because most films have strong male character leads and female support characters. But they also said that making a film with a black super hero will not be as popular either, but black panther made a killing in the cinema.
    you do realize there have been BLACK super hero movies who made a killing before? spawn, blade just to name two....

Deleted
    Aren't the golden dudes from GotG making some 'warlock' fellow that is super-powerful??

Quote Originally Posted by TechSavy View Post
    you do realize there have been BLACK super hero movies who made a killing before? spawn, blade just to name two....
    Those movies did not make "a killing"

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't the golden dudes from GotG making some 'warlock' fellow that is super-powerful??
    Yes, in the comics Adam Warlock has been one of the most powerful heroes in Marvel's Roster.

SHAZAM!!!

/10characters
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!