View Poll Results: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Voters
437. You may not vote on this poll
  • I enjoyed watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™

277 63.39%
  • I did not enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™

160 36.61%
Page 5 of 136 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They could've given her a ponytail, I think it would go better with the suit having a "combat ready" vibe to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Sure, wonder woman and black panther were the first time a minority actor or female actor was the lead in a comic book movie, wh.........
    WTF?

Are you like 15 or something? You never watched Blade? Spawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    That's not even true, and yet people keep repeating it over and over again. There's no way I'm gonna forget about Spawn and Blade, I love those movies.

Tbh I still like them more than Wonder Woman and Black Panther.
    I totally forgot about blade, my bad

it looks good.

not much but good for a teaser.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    In a 1.47 second trailer you were able to tell that of the character?

Or are you talking about when you met the actress?
    From the trailer. It may be short, but how she speaks to people, looks at them, carries herself, etc. I’ll watch the movie regardless because I really like Marvel movies, but I’m just not liking the trailer so far and I’m really not thrilled that they chose Brie Larson to play the hero. I just don’t think she fits the character.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    WTF?

Are you like 15 or something? You never watched Blade? Spawn?
    20. I think I saw blade when I was a kid, never seen spawn

Quote Originally Posted by cronotose View Post
    Strongest superhero in Marvel? How are you even measuring this? This sounds extremely fanboy-y. There are quite a few characters who are in general more powerful. Many characters have time travel/reality altering/otherwise devastating abilities, and others like Mr. Fantastic exist as a plot pretense to create things that are that powerful. Do you mean strictly in terms physical strength? Because that varies wildly based on what era of Marvel writing you're talking about. She's not stronger than Hulk under Jim Shooter. Shoot, she's probably not stronger than Spider-Man under Jim Shooter, who single handedly destroyed the X-Men.
    Ms marvel is defiantly stronger then Spider-Man though any high power hero is far stronger as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    They could've given her a ponytail, I think it would go better with the suit having a "combat ready" vibe to it.
    Yeah, I didn’t like her hair style in it. It’s more ‘girl next door’ looking. Then again, I didn’t expect much from the hair since they can’t ever seem to make Black Widows’ hair look nice in any of the damn movies.
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2018-09-18 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Typo
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

20. I think I saw blade when I was a kid, never seen spawn
    If you liked the Spawn comics, you have to watch it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, I didn’t like her hair style in it. It’s more ‘girl next door’ looking. Then again, I didn’t expect much from the hair since that can’t ever seem to make Black Widows’ hair look nice in any of the damn movies.
    Yeah, and apparently she's going to have a different haircut once more in the next Avengers movie.

So, MOST comments here are derived from movies and not comics got it.

As for the trailer, looks really good. I got a bit scared at the beginning because of the focus they were trying to convey, but they brought it back.

I’m happy they’re rebooting Spawn. Decent movie... but that CGI. It’s painful to watch.

It was pretty good for its time. Extra points for having the intro tune done by Orbital and Kirk Hemmet from Metallica. Really needs another movie imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    From the trailer. It may be short, but how she speaks to people, looks at them, carries herself, etc. I’ll watch the movie regardless because I really like Marvel movies, but I’m just not liking the trailer so far and I’m really not thrilled that they chose Brie Larson to play the hero. I just don’t think she fits the character.
    Well shes a huge bitch in the comics so it kind of fits... I was hoping they wouldn't try to be comics accurate here.

The Blockbuster and Granny punch is really the only thing great about the trailer. The rest of it was just ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Well shes a huge bitch in the comics so it kind of fits... I was hoping they wouldn't try to be comics accurate here.
    So maybe it will fit. From the trailer, it just doesn’t seem like she’s coming off as fun, I guess. A bit too serious for my liken cause I enjoy how Marvel makes their heroes more relatable (personality wise).

I just looked up the trailer, I might have to give it a bash

I just looked up the trailer, I might have to give it a bash
    Like everyone else is saying, the CGI is def 90s, but its still close to the source.

Like everyone else is saying, the CGI is def 90s, but its still close to the source.
    Isn't Jamie Foxx playing in a new spawn film? I've never seen a film with him that I haven't liked

I like what I saw, because we don;t seem to get just a new cool super hero(ine) who is ubber badass and yadda yadda but also a story behind her that might not be as pretty. Marvel took it to extreme with supervisual effects and I hope they won't lose the stories to that. Sometimes less is better and recent movies were packed with monumental visuals.