View Poll Results: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Voters
437. You may not vote on this poll
  • I enjoyed watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™

277 63.39%
  • I did not enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™

160 36.61%
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Marvel Unlimited. One of the best subscription services I've ever bought into. Once you've subbed, you get access to nearly the entire Marvel catalogue. All the way back. The most recent 6 months or so aren't there, and that's how it doesn't just replace buying comics entirely, but if you're an occasional reader or want to go back and catch up on stuff, you can pay your monthly fee and access hundreds of comics. The reader's pretty comfortable to use on my tablet, too.

Can still leave you with a metric fuckton of reading, but if you want to read all of the original Civil War and every tie-in to that event, that's all right there. For the big event things, they even have reading lists with a pre-set reading order, so you can follow through the 20 different arcs in the right order without looking it up online.
    Never paid much attention to the online services. The biggest problem I tend to have is that I absolutely can't stand the vast majority of A-line heroes between the two big-names in comics. Honestly the MCU presents possibly the most likable version of any of the A-line heroes I have ever read/seen. I guess a lot of it is that when I read comics, I still want to enjoy some camp but too often everything is dark, gritty, and HARDCORE or X-TREME (yelling while saying these words is mandatory).

But also I am a very casual comic book reader, freely dropping lines or picking up new ones when I got bored or something new and shiny catches my eye. So I really don't have any interest to read those crossover series. It's just too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Never paid much attention to the online services. The biggest problem I tend to have is that I absolutely can't stand the vast majority of A-line heroes between the two big-names in comics. Honestly the MCU presents possibly the most likable version of any of the A-line heroes I have ever read/seen. I guess a lot of it is that when I read comics, I still want to enjoy some camp but too often everything is dark, gritty, and HARDCORE or X-TREME (yelling while saying these words is mandatory).
    that's because both marvel and DC comics suck ass right now due to the lack of actual talent in their teams, you're better off going back and reading the bronze age for more serious content, silver for camp, and gold for the sake of history.
    the modern age and the 90's dark age are both cringy cancer that should be excised with a chainsaw.

for marvel i'd say the hard cut-off is anything post-fear itself as AvX was the most soulless marketing cash-grab and that has dominated their editorial guidelines since.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    that's because both marvel and DC comics suck ass right now due to the lack of actual talent in their teams, you're better off going back and reading the bronze age for more serious content, silver for camp, and gold for the sake of history.
    the modern age and the 90's dark age are both cringy cancer that should be excised with a chainsaw.

for marvel i'd say the hard cut-off is anything post-fear itself as AvX was the most soulless marketing cash-grab and that has dominated their editorial guidelines since.
    Yeah, I do go back and read the old stuff, just at a glacially slow pace. But I tend to find what I enjoy most in the B or C or lower liners with shorter series, even in newer stuff. It just has a general vibe that since people are less uptight about those characters, the authors can get away with having more fun with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

There is a drama going on about Rotten Tomatoes and Captain Marvel!
    I knew this would happen!

As you know Captain Marvel had a rating of less than 30% "want to see"

AND Yesterday Rotten Tomatoes REMOVED THAT SCORE from the site!

As of February 25, we will no longer show the ‘Want to See’ percentage score for a movie during its pre-release period. Why you might ask? We’ve found that the ‘Want to See’ percentage score is often times confused with the ‘Audience Score’ percentage number.
    The theory is that Rotten Tomatoes is doing this to protect Captain Marvel.

I knew something would happen with this movie.
    Yesterday my youtube feed was full of video talking about the "want to see" thing of Capt Marvel.
    And now is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Yeah, I do go back and read the old stuff, just at a glacially slow pace. But I tend to find what I enjoy most in the B or C or lower liners with shorter series, even in newer stuff. It just has a general vibe that since people are less uptight about those characters, the authors can get away with having more fun with them.
    Yeah. That's why Gwenpool of all things is one of the best books I've read in years. Such a fantastic, batshit crazy book that I'm guessing the writer was given complete free reign to do whatever the hell they wanted.

Rotten Tomatoes...doesn't Disney own that site?

Not sure if Disney owns them but Disney is clearly putting in work. My youtube feed is still full of stuff about it and I don't watch videos on that kind of stuff so that must mean it's really popular if I understand how this works correctly.

I really find it annoying how they do things like this. Instead of admitting you said something stupid just go around and blame everyone else for being Trolls -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Not sure if Disney owns them but Disney is clearly putting in work. My youtube feed is still full of stuff about it and I don't watch videos on that kind of stuff so that must mean it's really popular if I understand how this works correctly.

I really find it annoying how they do things like this. Instead of admitting you said something stupid just go around and blame everyone else for being Trolls -.-
    When there are so many people misquoting her? Yeah, they are trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to earn his turnips.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Here's one:
    https://www.indiewire.com/2019/02/br...ur-1202043142/

And another:
    https://heroichollywood.com/brie-lar...l-white-press/

See above.

Actually that's exactly how it was, hence why she's started discriminating against journalists in order to give lesser skilled ones a chance based purely on their race/gender.

Infracted
    So you just proved yourself wrong with your own quotes than showed your fragile white male ego all in one post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post

Advocating for diversity is saying something stupid?

There's people literally providing fake quotes of her. How the fuck is that not trolling if not idiotic?

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-02-27 at 09:57 PM.

This is the new Rotten Tomatoes facebook image

https://scontent.flis9-1.fna.fbcdn.n...21&oe=5D16B8BC

With Capt Marvel on the front!

Was this a "joke" or a funny remark to the drama going on?
    Seems to be the case and youtube is already talking about it ^_^
    Check the facebook comments for popcorn.
    Last edited by Togabito; 2019-02-27 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    When there are so many people misquoting her? Yeah, they are trolls.
    How's it being a troll when pointing out she's a racist and sexist? You do that shit all the time. Are you admitting to being a troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    There is a drama going on about Rotten Tomatoes and Captain Marvel!
    I knew this would happen!

As you know Captain Marvel had a rating of less than 30% "want to see"

AND Yesterday Rotten Tomatoes REMOVED THAT SCORE from the site!

The theory is that Rotten Tomatoes is doing this to protect Captain Marvel.

I knew something would happen with this movie.
    Yesterday my youtube feed was full of video talking about the "want to see" thing of Capt Marvel.
    And now is gone.

That's because the title was vote bombed by people with an agenda.
    It's on their site for having such a feature to begin with, but doesn't change the fact that trolls bombed it and made it go from 80% to 30%. If the actress hadn't said what she did (which wasn't bad at all, just misquoted by fragile individuals), the score would remain at 80%.

And unless you peeps want infractions, I'd suggest steering away from the matter.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-02-27 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Advocating for diversity is saying something stupid?

There's people literally providing fake quotes of her. How the fuck is that not trolling if not idiotic?
    Advocating for diversity is fine. But saying you want less black people on BET is racist. Saying you want less women around is sexist.

Yet, when it's said about white men it's totally not racist or sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Everyone has an agenda, but when it's the "wrong" people it's somehow a problem. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    How's it being a troll when pointing out she's a racist and sexist? You do that shit all the time. Are you admitting to being a troll?
    There’s an operative word in my post genius. Figure it out.
    Got to earn his turnips.

It's on their site for having such a feature to begin with, but doesn't change the fact of the matter.
    There is no proof of that.
    Just to be clear:
    -You are saying people made multiple accounts to abuse the system...right?

If so, the entire user review system is flawed. The site is pointless...everything is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There’s an operative word in my post genius. Figure it out.
    That's your interpretation of this whole thing. I think she's a racist and a sexist for those comment and demands. You don't because you probably think it's impossible to be racist or sexist against white men.

The thread was warned to stop being derailed. You have ignored this. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-02-27 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    There is no proof of that.
    Just to be clear:
    -You are saying people made multiple accounts to abuse the system...right?
    The proof is the fact that they're literally campaigning online to trash the movie over the words of one actress starring in said movie.

Look around for yourself if you really want to know the facts, I ain't looking for more infractions.

- - - Updated - - -

Advocating for diversity is fine. But saying you want less black people on BET is racist. Saying you want less women around is sexist.

Yet, when it's said about white men it's totally not racist or sexist.

Everyone has an agenda, but when it's the "wrong" people it's somehow a problem. Gotcha.
    Whataboutisms galore!

You truly are a prime example.

The thread was warned to stop being derailed. You have ignored this.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-02-27 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes...doesn't Disney own that site?
    No. Rotten Tomatoes is owned by Fandango, which is jointly owned by Comcast and Warner Bros--two companies that have gone toe-to-toe with Disney on many occasions. Disney and Comcast went into a bidding war over Fox and WB owns the DC universe.

Not a lot of direct incentive (mostly indirect) to protect Disney films outside of things that may be market disrupting. Granted, they're all going to play nice in the sandbox in these scenarios as neither corporation is immune to something similar or feeling downstream impact of these situations.
    Last edited by Espo; 2019-02-27 at 02:26 AM.

The proof is the fact that they're literally campaigning online to trash the movie over the words of one actress starring in said movie.

Look around for yourself if you really want to know the facts, I ain't looking for more infractions.
    Its about the principle of removing the peoples voice. Its just not right...even if the peoples voice is wrong.

People are racist? Show me
    People are anti feminism? Show me

I dont think this was the case here, but whatever.

Silencing the peoples voice is just not right because on that process you are also silencing the voice of normal people.
    Whats next? No more user reviews in Rotten Tomatoes?

If the world is "toxic" then show us. No need to silence everyone.

The thread was warned to stop being derailed. You have ignored this. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-02-27 at 06:31 AM.

That's your interpretation of this whole thing. I think she's a racist and a sexist for those comment and demands. You don't because you probably think it's impossible to be racist or sexist against white men.
    More likely I read her actual words and you either didn’t or have comprehension issues.

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-02-27 at 06:31 AM.
    Got to earn his turnips.