Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 48 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Rotten Tomatoes...doesn't Disney own that site?

Not sure if Disney owns them but Disney is clearly putting in work. My youtube feed is still full of stuff about it and I don't watch videos on that kind of stuff so that must mean it's really popular if I understand how this works correctly.

I really find it annoying how they do things like this. Instead of admitting you said something stupid just go around and blame everyone else for being Trolls -.-

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Here's one:
    https://www.indiewire.com/2019/02/br...ur-1202043142/

And another:
    https://heroichollywood.com/brie-lar...l-white-press/

See above.

Actually that's exactly how it was, hence why she's started discriminating against journalists in order to give lesser skilled ones a chance based purely on their race/gender.

Infracted
    So you just proved yourself wrong with your own quotes than showed your fragile white male ego all in one post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Not sure if Disney owns them but Disney is clearly putting in work. My youtube feed is still full of stuff about it and I don't watch videos on that kind of stuff so that must mean it's really popular if I understand how this works correctly.

I really find it annoying how they do things like this. Instead of admitting you said something stupid just go around and blame everyone else for being Trolls -.-
    Advocating for diversity is saying something stupid?

There's people literally providing fake quotes of her. How the fuck is that not trolling if not idiotic?

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-02-27 at 09:57 PM.

This is the new Rotten Tomatoes facebook image

https://scontent.flis9-1.fna.fbcdn.n...21&oe=5D16B8BC

With Capt Marvel on the front!

Was this a "joke" or a funny remark to the drama going on?
    Seems to be the case and youtube is already talking about it ^_^
    Check the facebook comments for popcorn.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-02-27 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    When there are so many people misquoting her? Yeah, they are trolls.
    How's it being a troll when pointing out she's a racist and sexist? You do that shit all the time. Are you admitting to being a troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    There is a drama going on about Rotten Tomatoes and Captain Marvel!
    I knew this would happen!

As you know Captain Marvel had a rating of less than 30% "want to see"

AND Yesterday Rotten Tomatoes REMOVED THAT SCORE from the site!

The theory is that Rotten Tomatoes is doing this to protect Captain Marvel.

I knew something would happen with this movie.
    Yesterday my youtube feed was full of video talking about the "want to see" thing of Capt Marvel.
    And now is gone.

That's because the title was vote bombed by people with an agenda.
    It's on their site for having such a feature to begin with, but doesn't change the fact that trolls bombed it and made it go from 80% to 30%. If the actress hadn't said what she did (which wasn't bad at all, just misquoted by fragile individuals), the score would remain at 80%.

And unless you peeps want infractions, I'd suggest steering away from the matter.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-02-27 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Advocating for diversity is saying something stupid?

There's people literally providing fake quotes of her. How the fuck is that not trolling if not idiotic?
    Advocating for diversity is fine. But saying you want less black people on BET is racist. Saying you want less women around is sexist.

Yet, when it's said about white men it's totally not racist or sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Everyone has an agenda, but when it's the "wrong" people it's somehow a problem. Gotcha.

It's on their site for having such a feature to begin with, but doesn't change the fact of the matter.
    There is no proof of that.
    Just to be clear:
    -You are saying people made multiple accounts to abuse the system...right?

If so, the entire user review system is flawed. The site is pointless...everything is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There’s an operative word in my post genius. Figure it out.
    That's your interpretation of this whole thing. I think she's a racist and a sexist for those comment and demands. You don't because you probably think it's impossible to be racist or sexist against white men.

The thread was warned to stop being derailed. You have ignored this. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-02-27 at 06:32 AM.

There is no proof of that.
    Just to be clear:
    -You are saying people made multiple accounts to abuse the system...right?
    The proof is the fact that they're literally campaigning online to trash the movie over the words of one actress starring in said movie.

Look around for yourself if you really want to know the facts, I ain't looking for more infractions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Advocating for diversity is fine. But saying you want less black people on BET is racist. Saying you want less women around is sexist.

Yet, when it's said about white men it's totally not racist or sexist.

Everyone has an agenda, but when it's the "wrong" people it's somehow a problem. Gotcha.
    Whataboutisms galore!

You truly are a prime example.

The thread was warned to stop being derailed. You have ignored this.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-02-27 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes...doesn't Disney own that site?
    No. Rotten Tomatoes is owned by Fandango, which is jointly owned by Comcast and Warner Bros--two companies that have gone toe-to-toe with Disney on many occasions. Disney and Comcast went into a bidding war over Fox and WB owns the DC universe.

Not a lot of direct incentive (mostly indirect) to protect Disney films outside of things that may be market disrupting. Granted, they're all going to play nice in the sandbox in these scenarios as neither corporation is immune to something similar or feeling downstream impact of these situations.
    Last edited by Espo; 2019-02-27 at 02:26 AM.

The proof is the fact that they're literally campaigning online to trash the movie over the words of one actress starring in said movie.

Look around for yourself if you really want to know the facts, I ain't looking for more infractions.
    Its about the principle of removing the peoples voice. Its just not right...even if the peoples voice is wrong.

People are racist? Show me
    People are anti feminism? Show me

I dont think this was the case here, but whatever.

Silencing the peoples voice is just not right because on that process you are also silencing the voice of normal people.
    Whats next? No more user reviews in Rotten Tomatoes?

If the world is "toxic" then show us. No need to silence everyone.

The thread was warned to stop being derailed. You have ignored this. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-02-27 at 06:31 AM.

Its about the principle of removing the peoples voice. Its just not right...even if the peoples voice is wrong.

People are racist? Show me
    People are anti feminism? Show me

I dont think this was the case here, but whatever.
    Lol.

"I don't think what happened, happened..." = you.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/26/1...-the-last-jedi.

https://www.inverse.com/article/5359...roll-new-films

https://movieweb.com/rotten-tomatoes...eview-bombing/

https://screenrant.com/captain-marve...tten-tomatoes/

How useful a tool, Google is.

That's all that can be said on the subject, really. I for one think it's no fair to genuine audiences and the people working on a title to give so much power to random, angry nobodies online.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-02-27 at 03:29 AM.

Oh, social media?
    You bet they are going to sell this in that way.

The same way there is articles about Alita: Battle Angel being sexist. Which is pitiful and laughable.

There is no confirmation by rotten tomatoes about this being fact. Its all social media.

Oh, social media?
    You bet they are going to sell this in that way.

The same way there is articles about Alita: Battle Angel being sexist. Which is pitiful and laughable.

There is no confirmation by rotten tomatoes about this being fact. Its all social media.
    There's nothing to sell, it's literally what's going on.
    The comment section on the trailer alone shows it all in real time.

This thread has nothing to do with sexism.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The thread was warned to stop being derailed. Several of you have ignored this and have been infracted. This will continue if you attempt further to derail the thread into a political, gender, or similar discussion.

Post about the actual movie here. You can move your others discussions to GenOT or PMs if you want, but keep them out of this thread.

would you rather this film be more Jet Fighter scene heavy aka top gun.

Or space mohawk punching ships in space action scene heavy?

Gonna be interesting how they edit the film. Because Nick Fury and Jude Law look like big parts of the film but who knows maybe their parts are shorter

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I would have found it more interesting if they went with the story line she was left isolated floating in space unconscious soaking in the energy of nearby stars becoming this ultimate potent force of energy. And crash lands on earth and fucks shit up in her power haze.

Would have been a more interesting angle imo making her more of a threat first and becoming a part of the team. Rather than Tom cruise background training in top gun camp complete with aviators sunglasses

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    The thread was warned to stop being derailed. Several of you have ignored this and have been infracted. This will continue if you attempt further to derail the thread into a political, gender, or similar discussion.

Post about the actual movie here. You can move your others discussions to GenOT or PMs if you want, but keep them out of this thread.
    Just curious but why does it seem one specific pov is getting infracted while the other is just getting warned? QoH is constantly ignoring the moratorium on the topic and just has edits saying to not do while others first stray off topic is getting instant infracted.

On topic it looks like a meh movie which was miscast due to wanting the hype of an oscar winner but they choose one who win it for an oscar bait movie rather than actual talent. With the right casting it could have been interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Gonna be interesting how they edit the film. Because Nick Fury and Jude Law look like big parts of the film but who knows maybe their parts are shorter
    From all we’ve gathered so far, Jude Law plays her mentor turned primary antagonist of the film, so I’m guessing he’ll be in it a fair amount. Fury should probably be init a fair amount, but not as much.

And I want mostly space Mohawk punching. If I wanted to watch Top Gun. I’d watch Top Gun. I want captain marvel. Space punching and lasers please!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30